Poll: When the new systems come out which will you buy?

MetallicaRulez0

Aug 27, 2008
I've been very happy with my Xbox and Xbox 360, so I see no reason to switch now.

Also, the WiiU is a laughing stock. Nintendo has really just given up on the hardcore gamer at this point.

Wicky_42

Sep 15, 2008
PC trolololol.

But seriously, PC. I just don't understand why console. It makes my grammar bad. I don't really feel I've missed much from this console generation (a friend with Halo helped), and there's so much more range on the PC so yeah, woo for variety, versatility and third party support :3

Whateveralot

Oct 25, 2010
The main reason I prefer PS3 above XboX360 now is utility and services. Free online services and blu-ray being the main things. Next to that, my taste of games fits PS3 wayyyy more then Xbox360.

That said, I'm no fanboy and by all means, microsoft, suprise me. Until then, even without knowing a single thing of either of their machines, my heart goes out to the company that brought the machine I'm using without any hitches for quite a while now. Ps4 for me.

WiiU is not even my cup of tea. No way that I'm moving anything other then my hands and arms when I play a game... just kidding but...well you knoowww

Megacherv

Kinect Development Sucks...
Sep 24, 2008
Delsana said:
Megacherv said:
Delsana said:
I'm entirely shocked that the polls at this point scale in favor of the PS4... with all the problems and horrid games that they've had...
And the 360 and Wii have had perfect track records for years...

Craftybonds said:
why isn't there a "none" option? Sony and microsoft lied to everyone about the 10 year product life. I'm pissed, and i'm showing it by not buying into their bullshit.
I was going to argue about how Sony lied, but I'm actually going to argue about how any of them lied. I don't remember seeing anything about them not keeping them to 10 years, but Sony have especially made a policy with the PS1 and PS2 having 10 year life-cycles (and I swear that the PS2 lasted even longer than that, they even released a Bravia TV with a PS2 built-in after the 10 year mark)

I'd get a PS4, but I'm skeptical as to how we can really improve that much except for just getting better hardware. If the 360 and PS3 could both run CryEngine 3, and the PS3 could run GT5 at its (frankly very beautiful) quality, then there may not be a point. I say we keep this generation going and we just innovate in gameplay and story.

Of course, I am kinda rambling here...
My PS3 lasted a month when I bought it last Christmas, then it died and also killed a game disc in it. My original 360 from Day 1 release has had no problems save on Bethesda games. No red ring, no nothing. Treat it well and it lives well. My PS2 also killed any DVD I tried to play with it.

Microsoft has always been very supportive in comparison.
Well, you were unlucky with your PS3 and lucky with your 360. Remember that the 360 has had quite a large failure rate compared with the PS3 and the Wii.

SinorKirby

May 1, 2009
Probably the WiiU, but since that's CURRENT gen I can't really say what I'll buy yet because Nintendo has decided to enter this generation of consoles so late, and I'm betting they won't release a next-gen console until at least 3 or 4 years after Microsoft and Sony release theirs. Therefore I have no idea how the competition is going to be, nor what types of games will be released on them.

Snotnarok

Nov 17, 2008
I have 6 Wii games and seven of my 360s have died due to defects, and they will not replace the seventh dead one. While my PS3 I've had on for weeks straight doing Folding@Home (program hoping to help cure alzhimers) watched blurays, dvds, streamed shows to it, and I've got a healthy library of games. So Which one will I get, should be obvious.

CleverCover

Nov 17, 2010
There will most likely be another 360 in the house.

I don't really care as long as it can play the videogames I like.

Delsana

Aug 16, 2011
Megacherv said:
Delsana said:
Megacherv said:
Delsana said:
I'm entirely shocked that the polls at this point scale in favor of the PS4... with all the problems and horrid games that they've had...
And the 360 and Wii have had perfect track records for years...

Craftybonds said:
why isn't there a "none" option? Sony and microsoft lied to everyone about the 10 year product life. I'm pissed, and i'm showing it by not buying into their bullshit.
I was going to argue about how Sony lied, but I'm actually going to argue about how any of them lied. I don't remember seeing anything about them not keeping them to 10 years, but Sony have especially made a policy with the PS1 and PS2 having 10 year life-cycles (and I swear that the PS2 lasted even longer than that, they even released a Bravia TV with a PS2 built-in after the 10 year mark)

I'd get a PS4, but I'm skeptical as to how we can really improve that much except for just getting better hardware. If the 360 and PS3 could both run CryEngine 3, and the PS3 could run GT5 at its (frankly very beautiful) quality, then there may not be a point. I say we keep this generation going and we just innovate in gameplay and story.

Of course, I am kinda rambling here...
My PS3 lasted a month when I bought it last Christmas, then it died and also killed a game disc in it. My original 360 from Day 1 release has had no problems save on Bethesda games. No red ring, no nothing. Treat it well and it lives well. My PS2 also killed any DVD I tried to play with it.

Microsoft has always been very supportive in comparison.
Well, you were unlucky with your PS3 and lucky with your 360. Remember that the 360 has had quite a large failure rate compared with the PS3 and the Wii.
People tend to place their consoles in poor positions, just as they tend to use things they don't know how to use well. Vista worked perfectly for me as well, but others complained. I find that if you treat it well, it will survive, if it doesn't, then it was poor quality. The PS3 and PS2 were poor quality.

SilverUchiha

Dec 25, 2008
Probably WiiU if Nintendo has good launch titles (unlike 3DS which still doesn't have anything on it that warrants my purchase). but that would be it since I don't want to buy the next playstation after having just got a PS3 and I have no interest in Microsoft's bullshit... unless it's for PC... then I'm stuck with it because I have less interest in Apple's bullshit.

SilverUchiha

Dec 25, 2008
odanhammer said:
Nintendo has been since the gamecube era , making the exact same games over and over. Animal Crossing was fun , then when i saw it on each system after the gamecube with pretty much zero difference meh , same with Mario , Link , Samus , etc.
Um... why is metroid included in that list? Did you not play Metroid Prime? Even other M (despite how shitty the story was) was different than the original metroid titles. I'll give ya Mario and Link, but I would sooner put Pokemon on this list (which does have console releases) than Metroid. Just saying.

Smeggs

Oct 21, 2008
I'll give it a year before I make a decision. After a solid year there should be enough games out for me to make a decision on which system plays more to my tastes.

brainslurper

Aug 18, 2009
Delsana said:
brainslurper said:
Delsana said:
XBox 360s failure rate is about 30%
PS3s failure rate is less then 1%
I'm not sure what problems you are talking about, but having to use 2 different game disks and then download texture packs is enough for me never to buy anything from microsoft ever again.

I will probably buy none, and use my PC which is better now then the new consoles will ever be. I will eventually buy the next playstation because they have far better exclusives.
I still use my original 360 (though I have a new one with a better hard driver and the Valhalla chip as well) that I got on Day 1 release and for 5 years I've had 0 problems with it save for freezing on Oblivion and any Bethesda product because they are horrible programmers. No red ring, no issues. So no, if you treat them well, they treat you well.

I bought a PS3 last Christmas, it died a month later, also chopped a disc to bits. Yeah, I'm so happy with *Sony*.

Killzone and the like were terrible games, Folklore was a horrible RPG and Resistance followed suit with Killzone. I see no exclusives outside of MGS4 that were actually "good". And in the story category they were abysmal.

360's have always had much better exclusives.
360s have always had halo. But now that bungie has jumped the microssoft ship there is zero exclusives worth buying. Bethesda are not horrible programmers, they are actually quite good. It is VERY difficult to maintain as much content as is in your typical elder scrolls game without having bugs. You personal experience differs quite a bit from hard data about reliability. When you buy an xbox on release day, you have to buy a wifi adapter AND pay for xbox live just to use the internet, and then you still have no bluetooth or blu-ray.

JemothSkarii

Thanks!
Nov 9, 2010
Probably would get the PS4, 360 controllers kinda urk me (what's with those analog sticks?) and I've just liked the exclusives on the PS3 more than the 360 (The Last Remnant was the only game on 360 I really wanted....and I think one other game). Plus the JRPG library on the Playstation just seems larger.

For the record, I have an Xbox 360esque controller for my laptop since keyboard and mouse urk me more.

Sealpower

Jun 7, 2010
I'm feeling like it's time to return to my nintendo roots after having skipped the last two generations. Huge mistake (skipping the gamecube, that is)

ZZoMBiE13

Ate My Neighbors
Oct 10, 2007
I've had the most fun this gen with my Xbox. I also have a lot more invested in my Achievements than my Trophie collection. So I'd likely stick with Xbox first, but eventually I'll get them all. That's what I always do.

I don't like missing great games. And just owning one or the other means I'd be missing a lot of great games. If I skip the Xbox, I miss out on Halo. If I skip the PS4, I miss out on whatever is next for InFamous. Thats a simplified version of course, but basically that's how it is. I could care less about technical specs or hardware power. I only care about the software they give me access to.

The only one that will be a hard sell for me is Nintendo. I didn't care much for Wii, so it has the most ground to make up. I'll still probably get it at some point though. If nothing else, you can always count on Nintendo for quality hardware. And even though I'm not the biggest Mario fan anymore, you can count on them releasing some interesting games. Plus I can't play Kirby on Xbox so I'm sure I'll end up with a WiiU eventually, even if it's late gen and on sale.

JasonKaotic

Mar 18, 2009
I would get the PS4, but a lot more of my friends will probably be getting the next Xbox, so I'll get that so I can play with them and talk to them and shizz. I'll probably get the PS4 later though.