Poll: When will world of warcraft die?

Jun 11, 2008
People will still play it untill it is killed by something else and will take it's place.
The only I want is for the game to be knocked out of the most played spot on xfire it has been there way too long CoD4 came so close.

awsome117

Jan 27, 2009
It will never die, it feeds on the poor nerds who play it...

The only way to kill it, is to kill its food sourse. And unless you have a trap with the entire box set of star trek in it, you'll never kill them all.

TheZapper

Jul 11, 2009
soon let's hope. Yes, I am still clinging on to the ridiculously slim hope that warcraft 4 will happen. I can dream...

Arbitrary Cidin

Apr 16, 2009
About the same time that drugs aren't cool anymore and politicians are aloud to say bad words... and for the same reasons.

Eldarion

Sep 30, 2009
CrysisMcGee said:
Companies follow the money. When they have a better way to make it, they do it. WoW will only die when it's popularity dies. Though it would be nice for them to make a sequel. The Graphics definetley need an update.
No they don't.

The low graphic requirement is a brilliant move by blizzard, even people with basic labtops can enjoy the game.

That means a larger player base.

TelHybrid

May 16, 2009
Arbitrary Cidin said:
About the same time that drugs aren't cool anymore and politicians are aloud to say bad words... and for the same reasons.
Since when are drugs cool? Fun maybe... but not cool.

jboking

Oct 10, 2008
It will die when blizzard gets board of it, plain and simple. It's too popular to die any time soon of anything else.

scotth266

Wait when did I get a sub
Jan 10, 2009
Everquest is still around, so I'd really like to see this speculation about WoW end already.

Arbitrary Cidin

Apr 16, 2009
Dark Templar said:
CrysisMcGee said:
Companies follow the money. When they have a better way to make it, they do it. WoW will only die when it's popularity dies. Though it would be nice for them to make a sequel. The Graphics definetley need an update.
No they don't.

The low graphic requirement is a brilliant move by blizzard, even people with basic labtops can enjoy the game.

It wasn't a brilliant move, it was commonplace online computer game graphics. Keep in mind that WoW's original competition was Runescape.

Z of the Na'vi

Born with one kidney.
Apr 27, 2009
Dark Templar said:
Oh shut up, as long as people like the game it can go on as long as it likes.
This.

I am sick and tired of these threads.

Let people enjoy the game, like myself, and stop telling us that "things need to die."

God.

Eldarion

Sep 30, 2009
Arbitrary Cidin said:
Dark Templar said:
CrysisMcGee said:
No they don't.

It wasn't a brilliant move, it was commonplace online computer game graphics. Keep in mind that WoW's original competition was Runescape.
fair enough, but my point is still valid.

Low requirements=more people playing.

Nmil-ek

Dec 16, 2008
RocketPocket said:
Dark Templar said:
Oh shut up, as long as people like the game it can go on as long as it likes.
This.

I am sick and tired of these threads.

Let people enjoy the game, like myself, and stop telling us that "things need to die."

God.
Again this guess what all games don't need to be revolutionary cutting edge full hd blood out the arse titles, I played wow for 3 years and did not regret a thing had tons of fun raiding met plenty of interesting people from all over europe and saved a shitload of money on games per year.

Hell if I ever find myself with alittle more money and time I may pick it up again someday people will play what they want, but have fun seething in your little loathing corner wagging your opinion over people who are not listening.

TheFacelessOne

Feb 13, 2009
It dies when everyone else dies. Yup. Prrrrrruttttttttyyyyyy much.

Actually, think of WoW as a train. The engine is up front, that is Blizzard. Now imagine all the cars behind it. That's the fan base. The only way that train stops is if some guy with a saw blade handy severs the ties between the cars(fanbase, or in other words, they stop playing), or the conductor goes postal and decides to ram into another train(Blizzard stops milking it's baby and throws it down a hole.)

I'll be playing Aion. Those other people can just play their World of Warcraft. Some aspect about wings on your back is too awesome to refuse.

Iampringles

Dec 13, 2008
tehweave said:
As much as I hate the topic here, it should happen. World of Warcraft has been going on for more than 5 years, has the graphics and engine of the previous generation's systems, and other than fueling Blizzard with embarrassing amounts of cocaine money, has no real purpose in gaming anymore.

It was a fun romp through the beautiful forests, and interesting terrain when I played, but was considerably better when 60 was the cap, still fun, but slightly tedious when 70 was the cap, and now feels like it's moving into Sonic and Mario land with WOTLK and Cata. Wow really needs to die.

Not that we should remove blizzard's massive money erection, but maybe they should make a sequel, with a better engine, or maybe they should take starcraft into MMO land, or maybe they should do something else other than spend 90% of their funds on making this game shine. Warcraft 3 and WOW are all they've done over the past decade and it wasn't until a year or two ago that they said "Oh by the way! We're also probably maybe working on trying to begin to start a possible sequel to Diablo2 and Starcraft possibly maybe..."

So, when do you think will Blizzard sever the line between themselves and WOW? Will it still be going in a decade, or do you (like me) feel that the new expansions and patches are needless polishes on a game that's worn down and old?
If people are still playing, which they are, why change it?

By bringing it up to date with current generation graphics, it would just make their shinier polished version accessable to fewer people.

If it ain't broke, and it makes you stupid amounts of money, don't fix it.

thylasos

Aug 12, 2009
Believe it or not, Diablo 1 still has online players. Online games which're regarded as good at the time basically never die, even if it is a pure mix of south koreans and poles playing.

Dogstile

Jan 17, 2009
After a couple more expansions.

Mmos begin to become unbalanced after a few expansions, and the developers cannot do anything about them, so they close one down and bring out another, shame really.

black-magic

May 21, 2009
This is, by far, the stupidest thing i've ever read.

My favorite part: "has no real purpose in gaming anymore."
11 million gamers. Around the world. A lot of them love this game and will always love it.

"Considerably better when 60 was the cap."
Odd, seems a lot more people are playing now... seems like it's more accessible to new players, raids are longer, there is more individual content in the game, I guess I must misunderstand that your opinion, your one, meager, useless opinion speaks for everyone. ever.

Warcraft and WoW are the only things they've done over the past decade?
See, that probably makes sense since Warcraft is still a very popular game and spinoffs of it's custom games (read: DoTA) are still being made, and WoW is being constantly updated to keep it's (not tiny) fanbase happy.

Bottom line is, your not the only asshole out there, don't state your trolling opinions as though they are fact, treat them as your own stupid opinions.

Strategia

za Rodina, tovarishchii
Mar 21, 2008
December 4th, 292,277,026,596: 64-bit Unix time overflows.
December 5th, 292,277,026,596: World of Warcraft ceases to exist.

In all seriousness, I think WoW will continue to exist for some time yet. Look at RuneScape - its graphics are waaay worse than last generation, it offers little in the way of innovations or interesting gameplay aspects, and it's still going strong after (essentially) eight years. WoW has a massive reputation (for better or worse), much more so than RuneScape. I see it going strong for a good while yet.

Flying-Emu

Oct 30, 2008
tehweave said:
As much as I hate the topic here, it should happen. World of Warcraft has been going on for more than 5 years, has the graphics and engine of the previous generation's systems, and other than fueling Blizzard with embarrassing amounts of cocaine money, has no real purpose in gaming anymore.

It was a fun romp through the beautiful forests, and interesting terrain when I played, but was considerably better when 60 was the cap, still fun, but slightly tedious when 70 was the cap, and now feels like it's moving into Sonic and Mario land with WOTLK and Cata. Wow really needs to die.

Not that we should remove blizzard's massive money erection, but maybe they should make a sequel, with a better engine, or maybe they should take starcraft into MMO land, or maybe they should do something else other than spend 90% of their funds on making this game shine. Warcraft 3 and WOW are all they've done over the past decade and it wasn't until a year or two ago that they said "Oh by the way! We're also probably maybe working on trying to begin to start a possible sequel to Diablo2 and Starcraft possibly maybe..."

So, when do you think will Blizzard sever the line between themselves and WOW? Will it still be going in a decade, or do you (like me) feel that the new expansions and patches are needless polishes on a game that's worn down and old?
What the hell is your beef? A game that you don't enjoy anymore is somehow a sin that needs to be destroyed?

Get the fuck over yourself. I'm sick of people like you complaining about a game that you are not required by law to play. If you don't like the game, don't play it, don't talk about it, don't even THINK about it. You're just as bad as those anti-Twilight Fanboys who incessantly ***** about something that they hate.

If it irritates you so much, just fucking ignore it. It's not hard to not click on a forum topic that involves WoW, or to not watch the shows involving WoW, or avoid sites devoted to WoW.

It's not rocket surgery, so stop acting like WoW needs to die because ZOMG WOW IS GHEY AND OLD AND BLAH BLAH BLAH.

Let people enjoy the game.