Poll: When will world of warcraft die?

Phon3s94

Sep 30, 2009
i wish it would just die, but fan boys will burn down blizzard HQ and kill their parents if it did die, so i say it never die

GrinningManiac

Jun 11, 2009
Probably when the current, more impatient (more impatient than US, dear gamers) generation grows up (I'm talking about the five-year-olds)

They'll likley find no appeal in the WoW system, and we'll probably grow out of it (I say we...I don't go near the thing)

Twilight_guy

Sight, Sound, and Mind
Nov 24, 2008
It'll die when it become unprofitable or when Wow2/WoS(World of Starcraft) is released.

jobobob

Oct 17, 2008
My word another thread just like the rest, sigh. Allright WoW wont die untill blizz come out with a new MMO or the world ends. It has long lasting apeal there will allways be people playing it. In fact i dont see why it has to die is it a ghoulish monster terrorizng the village? No its a video game, avoid it and stop caring.

benbenthegamerman

May 10, 2009
Cilliandrew said:
I find it all depends on the day, as to whether you'll find people leveling low level alts or no. Some days i have no problem putting together runs for SM, ZF, ST and the like.
You, sir, have the patience of a fucking SAINT.

i belong to a leveling guild, and since im one of the 15 80s thats always online, i have to keep running the lowbies thru sunken temple and scholo and zul'farrak. Scarlet monastery i have absolutely no problem with but ST, scholo, and ZF give me nightmares whenever somebody brings it up. /shudder...

Azure-Supernova

La-li-lu-le-lo!
Aug 5, 2009
I hope it dies as soon as possible... perhaps the players could use the jolt back into reality when they can't get into the servers? Then who knows, onto Diablo2 Sequel :D

KittywifaMohawk

Aug 17, 2008
It's not gonna be ending any time soon at all.
Especially with that new expansion coming out. It's sucking my brother(who's been off of WoW for a good 8 months now) back into it.
It won't die for a few years, if not more.

Greyfall

Oct 2, 2009
I give it 2 more years. Maybe then Blizzard will go back to making RTSs. I'll wait for Warcraft IV, even if its another 8 years.

slipknot4

Feb 19, 2009
I won't die. Not this decade.
Just look at CS... it's about... 12 years old or something and they have like 6 million players.

M3707ik

Sep 13, 2008
When blizzard ends WoW it wont be over money or subscriber issues, and i hope they are not so shallow as to dump the game in search of a prettier graphics engine. If blizzard ends WoW it will because of a general agreement among developers. And even then they probobly wont shut down the servers just stop updating them.

Maybe thts to nice, activision is never going for tht.

If it ends perminitly its gunna be activisions fault.

gamegod25

Jul 10, 2008
The reason (or one of them) why WoW is still around is because, while not the complete overhaul like in normal sequels, every expansion has changed the game and make steady improvements little by little over time. And now with Cataclysm the entire world of Azeroth is getting a facelift and tune up to reflect all the things Blizz has learned over the years. So I'd say WoW has at least another 4-5 years left in it. Unless Blizz comes out with a new MMO to be it's successor that is.