Poll: When will world of warcraft die?

Ashbax

Jan 7, 2009
They have been slightly increasing the graphics with each big patch and expansion. Simple things though, like extra bump mapping or a bit of detail here and there. Adds up though. Looks a bit like TF2 now, cartoony.

I play it currently, and I think it will live for a long time yet. As its userbase only grows, rather than most old games. Its nearing 12m players now. They've said they wont release a proper sequel until about halfway through the next console gen, which makes sense becuase it has about that much life in it yet. And I think its only one or two more expansions after cataclysm. So while its nearing its end, its still several years off. Phun gaem.

klakkat

May 24, 2008
I'm not a fan of WoW, but given its popularity, my guess is it will die out approximately 5 years after a new MMO comes out that actually has enough popularity to attract subscribers away from WoW (the 5 years thing is based on rough estimates of a similar thing happening with older popular MMOs, and and surgical use of the "MSU" policy often used in business [MSU: Make Shit Up]).

Since another MMO that can rival the popularity of WoW hasn't been invented yet, we're still at least 5 years out from its eventual death, so get used to it.

Mcface

Aug 30, 2009
11 million people dont go away so easily.
I donjt play the game anymore, neither do any of my friends.
But that game will stiill be seeing content upgrades 10 years from now.

ZodiacBraves

Jun 26, 2008
Sexy Street said:
Really, Cat. should be the end of WoW. People really haven't noticed but WoW is following the story. First, level 60. Onyxia, being a dragon god or something, was the lead to Illidan who is working for the Lich King. Go to Illidan in BC and then go to the Lich King. The next one (Blackwing or whatever) is actually one of the great villians in WoW so they are going to let you fight him and I think that is where the series of WoW is going to end. Either that or they will keep going on, but I'll still play... sorry I am brainwashed.
Honestly, you don't have any idea what the lore of WoW is do you?

Arbitrary Cidin

Apr 16, 2009
TelHybrid said:
Arbitrary Cidin said:
About the same time that drugs aren't cool anymore and politicians are aloud to say bad words... and for the same reasons.
Since when are drugs cool? Fun maybe... but not cool.
Since the 60's, I believe. I'm not saying to do drugs, or that drugs are good by the way... just that they're cool, and have been for a long time. To put it in perspective, during the emo fad, attempted suicide was cool.

TelHybrid

May 16, 2009
Arbitrary Cidin said:
TelHybrid said:
Arbitrary Cidin said:
About the same time that drugs aren't cool anymore and politicians are aloud to say bad words... and for the same reasons.
Since the 60's, I believe. I'm not saying to do drugs, or that drugs are good by the way... just that they're cool, and have been for a long time. To put it in perspective, during the emo fad, attempted suicide was cool.
Ooooh.... you mean cool by idiot standards. Not by the standards of people who aren't retards.

Arbitrary Cidin

Apr 16, 2009
TelHybrid said:
Arbitrary Cidin said:
TelHybrid said:
Arbitrary Cidin said:
Ooooh.... you mean cool by idiot standards. Not by the standards of people who aren't retards.
Right, what the majority of people think.[/pompousknowitall]

suhlEap

Apr 14, 2009
certainly longer than a year. i don't play it personally, but i can see why people love it, i can;t see it ending any time soon.

Blatherscythe

Oct 14, 2009
There gonna screw up the appeal of the first part of the game (first 60 lvls) with Cataclysm making old areas "NEW" by making it look like a diesaster hit the area.

caprisun

Nov 8, 2009
I think that once another really good MMO comes out it will be finished. Like there have been some other alright ones (AOC) but nothin as good as WoW, but i think that ppl will be looking to change to a new one if a good one comes out. hopefully FF14 at the end of 2010 will do it, caus that looks epic!!^^

Nemu

In my hand I hold a key...
Oct 14, 2009
I agree with many previous posters: it will die when Blizz chooses to let it die.

After so many "killer of WoW" games coming and going, and the supposed "death of WoW" proclamations before/during/after expansions and big content update patches that are tossed in between, it's pretty obvious that the game is going to keep on keeping on until the developers decided they're bored.

The only threat(s), in my opinion, will be the releases of StarCraft II and Diablo III--they will likely take a big chunk of players out, but I think WoW will survive the exodus those games bring.

*shrug*