Poll: When you hear "Dune", you think of...

XavierHarkonnen

May 31, 2010
Definately the books, I've got the entire series prequels, original series, and the endings that never should have been written... All the same though I absofuckinglutely love the books and am currently reading through them again.

+ 1 cookie if you figure out which book my name is from.

The Aimless One

Aug 22, 2009
Frank Herbert's excellent work.....naturally.

Also the first movie, not quite so excellent.

And the first two games. Both quite brilliant.

The second one is actually the father of most modernday RTS games. (As opposed to the C&C series wich was years later). Dune II Battle for arrakis that is.....Not the 2000 thingy!

natster43

Jul 10, 2009
I think of the lyrics to Final Fantasy by Duane and Brando. "I am the Fighter,(name's DUNE) I'm the leader of the gang. Can't use any magic but I'm critically acclaimed."

chromewarriorXIII

The One with the Cake
Oct 17, 2008
I think of a game that I was working on a couple years ago called Dune's End. It eventually got too buggy though, and had to be put down.

garfoldsomeoneelse

Charming, But Stupid
Mar 22, 2009
In this order:
1. The excellent book series.
2. Baja truck. Don't ask why.
3. Iraq
4. The movie, which I thought was pretty good.

Folio

Jun 11, 2010
Muad'dib! Muad'dib!

I missed that line in the thread too. Anyway, my dad reads the books so I chose 'books'. He can explain the entire universe of Dune as if it's scientifically proven. I've also watched the old movie and the new movie including the sequel.

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
Considering nobody I know even knows the meaning of the word "Dune" in Polish, I know it as the book series. Although I never read it.

Volafortis

Oct 7, 2009
Nalgas D. Lemur said:
Volafortis said:
Nalgas D. Lemur said:
Volafortis said:
The book.

*seethes* There were no other books set in that universe!!!
http://xkcd.com/566/
Yeah, I only remember there being one book, too. It also probably could've made a decent movie, but I don't remember anyone ever trying to adapt it. Probably for the best, since sci-fi stuff like that usually gets butchered.
No, there were actually (I want to say 3) sequels. They were all terrible, and are often shunned by anyone who enjoyed the first. Which is why I linked to that XKCD.
Apparently my agreement with you was too subtle. I also only liked the first book, totally failed to get into/enjoy anything past that, and thought the movie was junk. Heh.
Ah, okay. Wasn't certain if you were just agreeing with me, or being serious. Can never be certain on the internet.