Poll: When you're thirsty, do you prefer normal water or some kind of soft drink or juice?

BartyMae

Apr 20, 2012
What's the difference between soda and soft drinks? I was under the impression they were the same thing...

Regardless, I only drink juices/(whole) milk/water. I never have soda, coffee, tea, etc.

PolarBearClub

Aug 7, 2008
Depends for me. Definitely don't enjoy bottled water, so it's always tap. But I tend not to drink water when I'm generally thirsty as I prefer the taste of other drinks.

Saying that, if I'm at the gym or have been cycling, any kind of exercise, I'll go straight for water.

Daverson

Nov 17, 2009
I think I've got to the point where the only things I drink are Coffee and beer.

Understandably, I'm in amazing physical state.

geK0

Jun 24, 2011
I drink a little more coke than what's good for me.......speaking of which, ima grab a coke!

If I'm actually feeling dehydrated though I drink either water, watered down iced tea, or a sports drink.

DoomyMcDoom

Jul 4, 2008
Water mainly, tea otherwise.

For non thirst quenching refreshment of other varieties, like the getting my buzz on refreshment, beer, followed by water so I don't overly dehydrate myself.

smearyllama

May 9, 2010
Water when I'm thirsty, soda or milk or juice when I'm not. Sweet tea, if it's an option, is a favorite too.

Inconspicuous Trenchcoat

Shinku Hadouken!
Nov 12, 2009
I drink alkaline water from a water "ionizer" filter machine, because my work has one and it looks fancy. I also like the water's taste more than most tap and bottled. There's some people who claim ionized water is excellent for you and alleviates many stresses and illnesses of the body. I personally haven't noticed any difference whatsoever in the year I've been drinking it, but I like the taste, so whatever.

Also I drink water from the tap (the tap water here tastes better than any bottled water I've tried), Propel Zero and Powerade Zero (whatever the zero calorie and sugarless versions are called).

This month marks my 1-year anniversary from dropping all soda, yay! I primarily drank diet soda, so a significant lose of weight hasn't accompanied this, sadly.

Compatriot Block

Jan 28, 2009
6th And Silver said:
Well, I'm fructose-intolerant, meaning I can't drink soda or juice. (Incidentally, what's the difference between "soda" and "cola"?) So I usually drink water.

My captcha is "Only DISH". Do these ad-captchas seem kind of...Orwellian to anyone else?
It's really just one of those regional words that all mean the same thing.

Soda, pop, cola, coke, etc. Depending on where you are, cola can either mean the specific type (Coca-Cola) or just soda in general.

Sennune

Apr 15, 2009
I prefer to drink the closest, easiest, and readily available fluid. So popping the top of a can or twisting off a bottle cap is faster than getting a cup and filling it with anything. So, it's not a matter of preference but convenience.

the doom cannon

Jun 28, 2012
Compatriot Block said:
6th And Silver said:
Well, I'm fructose-intolerant, meaning I can't drink soda or juice. (Incidentally, what's the difference between "soda" and "cola"?) So I usually drink water.

My captcha is "Only DISH". Do these ad-captchas seem kind of...Orwellian to anyone else?
It's really just one of those regional words that all mean the same thing.

Soda, pop, cola, coke, etc. Depending on where you are, cola can either mean the specific type (Coca-Cola) or just soda in general.
Cola generally refers to dark sodas or pops such as Coke, Pepsi, Dr. Pepper, etc. Soda, pop, and soda-pop are interchangeable and their usage depends on region

bulbasaur765

May 1, 2010
Water and tea. I drink soda occasionally whenever I'm hanging out with friends on Friday nights sometimes, or juice if I feel like I'm coming down with a cold or some other illness.

lRookiel

Lord of Infinite Grins
Jun 30, 2011
Fanta.. I require ONLY Fanta to sustain me.

[sub]ok fine tap water aswell[/sub]