Poll: Where are you from?

Happy Yay

Jul 1, 2008
I am from Seattle, and I doubt I'll be leaving.

I would lay the poll out like this, I think it would produce more interesting statistics:

United States
Canada
Other Americas
United Kingdom
Other European
Asia (other than Middle East)
Middle East & North Africa
Sub-Saharan Africa
Oceania

Arfonious

Nov 9, 2009
Sweden

and bunching together Europeans is like calling Canadians Americans, technicly correct but stupid

SpAc3man

Jul 26, 2009
capper42 said:
Stop moaning about New Zealand not being listed. If you hadn't noticed the poll is made up of continents, not individual countries, except for the random inclusions of China and the USA. If you're from New Zealand, answer Australia, as regardless of how much it hurts to say it, that's the name of the continent you belong to.
We consider ourselves part of Oceania or perhaps Australasia (we still don't like it) if you exclude most of the Pacific islands. We are NOT part of Australia.

Commissar Sae

Nov 13, 2009
Goofguy said:
Canada here. Currently in Alberta, moving to Quebec very shortly.
Welcome to Quebec from a Montrealer. I want to apologize for our politicians and roads in advance.

OT: Canadian for my part and its a beautiful 22 degrees outside today.

MetalMagpie

Jun 13, 2011
TomLikesGuitar said:
Sorry if the options aren't well distributed, but I split the US and China into their own groups.
Did you not put China in as an option after all, or is it not showing up simply because no one voted for it? (Or am I blind?)

Daffy F

Apr 17, 2009
GrimTuesday said:
so screw you you name stealing Canadians
Haha, that's funny coming from an American ;)
On topic: I'm from the south of England - Winchester, if you must know.

Sacman

Don't Bend! Ascend!
May 15, 2008
Dr. Pepper Unlimited said:
The United States. California to be a little more exact.
I'm in Emeryville... the square mile stretch of land, stuck on the side of Berkley a bit south of you...<.<

I'm originally from Sacramento though, the capital...

capper42

Nov 20, 2009
SpAc3man said:
capper42 said:
Stop moaning about New Zealand not being listed. If you hadn't noticed the poll is made up of continents, not individual countries, except for the random inclusions of China and the USA. If you're from New Zealand, answer Australia, as regardless of how much it hurts to say it, that's the name of the continent you belong to.
We consider ourselves part of Oceania or perhaps Australasia (we still don't like it) if you exclude most of the Pacific islands. We are NOT part of Australia.
Apologies, I know kiwis hate being called Australian. I accepted earlier though that I was wrong about New Zealand belonging to the Australian continent. I more just meant that the guy who created the poll would have wanted you to answer Australia.

On another note, I've always wondered if there's any particular reason this site is so popular with New Zealanders.

Da Orky Man

Yeah, that's me
Apr 24, 2011
Hallvard Dovakiin said:
Da Orky Man said:
GrimTuesday said:
I'm from Washington state in America. Yes, We get lots of rain (I think its raining now actually) and there are a lot of hipsters. the city I live in is the original Vancouver, so screw you you name stealing Canadians[footnote]The poster of this post doesn't really have anything against Canadians, in fact he likes the cut of their jib, he is simply tired of saying he lives in Vancouver and people thinking he lives in Canada, also, fuck you Washington DC, because of you, I always have to add state to the name of Washington so that people don't think I live in DC.[/footnote]. I'd rather say I was from the proud country of Cascadia, but unfortunately, seceding is frowned upon in the US.
You think you get a lot of rain? Try living in Wales, the little bit sticking out of England's beer belly. The sky hasn't been blue for months.
I'm from Norway, and what is this blue sky you speak of? We have snow and rain. THAT'S IT.
At least you get snow, which probably means white clouds. I sometimes dream of seeing white clouds. All we get is a constant covering of grey, punctuated by rain.

Kuroneko97

Aug 1, 2010
New York, U.S. Although I currently live in North Carolina.

I still love New York so much...*sigh*

Taranis_tm

Jul 5, 2010
Kalisz, the oldest city in Poland.

No we're not situated on the north pole, nor do we drive polar bear pulled sleds to work.

mmins

Aug 22, 2011
America, Alabama
(NO... I'm not redneck...)

I'm presently surprised that the majority of the votes are in Europe. Not sure why I should be though. o_O

aether-x3

Jul 15, 2010
I live in a teeny tiny town(Well not by scottish standards) in Scotland that you probably couldn't point out on a map of Scotland, or that you would even know exists.

so, Europe > United Kingdom > Scotland > Nowheresville