Poll: Where are you from?

geK0

New member
Jun 24, 2011
1,846
0
0
aba1 said:
geK0 said:
aba1 said:
Canadian guy here. I am from Ontario bout a hour away from Toronto, a place known by people around the area as "the shwa"
Dude! we're from the same city!
AWESOME! what school do you go too ^^
I go to durham college. I'm a taking multimedia.
Durham college, accounting!

Small world eh
 

ejb626

New member
Aug 6, 2009
1,322
0
0
I live in Virginia but in the DC Area part so I'm not in any way southern, in fact I don't know if there are any stereotypes associated with the DC Area besides that we're all stuck up and conceited which is something that I have not come across and I've lived here all my life.
 

aba1

New member
Mar 18, 2010
3,248
0
0
geK0 said:
aba1 said:
geK0 said:
aba1 said:
Canadian guy here. I am from Ontario bout a hour away from Toronto, a place known by people around the area as "the shwa"
Dude! we're from the same city!
AWESOME! what school do you go too ^^
I go to durham college. I'm a taking multimedia.
Durham college, accounting!

Small world eh
No kidding same school and everything
 

Murlin

I came here to laugh at you
Jul 15, 2009
535
0
0
...over there. -->
OT: Is it because of the posting time or are Europeans really the majority on the Escapist? If it were midnight in the U.S. when this was posted I could understand why there would be such a huge difference.
 

matts

New member
Feb 13, 2012
20
0
0
Sam Warrior said:
Arfonious said:
Sam Warrior said:
England, UK. Definitely not European but closest option on the poll.
But you are a part of Europe, and the EU

Why are the brittish so sensetive on that point? Almost xenophobic
Because I'm not European I'm British, Europe normally refers to mainland ie France and Germany and frankly I don't want to be grouped with the French.
Perhaps in the UK when you colloquially speak about "Europe" you mean "continental Europe" (i.e. the mainland), as we do in Sweden, however, you can hardly deny that both Scandinavia and the British isles aaare a part of Europe, both culturally and otherwise. Even though we may be located on the periphery.
 

Hipsy_Gypsy

New member
Jun 2, 2011
329
0
0
Norn Iron here.

Matthew94 said:
Northern Ireland

The greatest country in the world.

Why? Potato bread, checkmate
Eh, I can't stand the place. I want to move overseas, haha. Anyway, the taty bread is better as an ingredient to the oh-so very healthy Ulster Fry, of course!

Soxafloppin said:
Belfawst boi~! Whereabouts ye be?
 

Soxafloppin

Coxa no longer floppin'
Jun 22, 2009
7,920
0
0
Hipsy_Gypsy said:
Norn Iron here.

Matthew94 said:
Northern Ireland

The greatest country in the world.

Why? Potato bread, checkmate
Eh, I can't stand the place. I want to move overseas, haha. Anyway, the taty bread is better as an ingredient to the oh-so very healthy Ulster Fry, of course!

Soxafloppin said:
Belfawst boi~! Whereabouts ye be?
The Notorious Shankill area haha, and I work in the Grove Wellbeing Centre on the Shore Road :) Your self? also "Ballix mate".
 

Hipsy_Gypsy

New member
Jun 2, 2011
329
0
0
Sox<span id= said:
The Notorious Shankill area haha, and I work in the Grove Wellbeing Centre on the Shore Road :) Your self? also "Ballix mate".
Oho! Uppa Shank-al, then? Haha, I'm in the 'poish' part of East Belfast, leek!

Captcha: 'jiminy cricket' Ha!

EDIT: Agh, hope that worked.
 

Burn2Feel

New member
Jan 20, 2010
87
0
0
Stu35 said:
Burn2Feel said:
England, that lovely miserable wet island

Try again.

Great Britain is the Island, and I'm sick of sharing it with bastards who don't know their own rich cultural history and it's modern ramifications.



... thats meant to be tongue in cheek by the way, so don't take it too seriously.
No no, I did screw up, maybe it's the English-hatin' Irish blood coming through again. Though both Scotland and Wales don't like being part of Britain that much anyway, we may as well be a seperate island for all the good it does. Hell, if global warming has its way, we might soon be... scary thought that
 

geK0

New member
Jun 24, 2011
1,846
0
0
aba1 said:
geK0 said:
aba1 said:
geK0 said:
aba1 said:
Canadian guy here. I am from Ontario bout a hour away from Toronto, a place known by people around the area as "the shwa"
Dude! we're from the same city!
AWESOME! what school do you go too ^^
I go to durham college. I'm a taking multimedia.
Durham college, accounting!

Small world eh
No kidding same school and everything
Did you go to highshcool in Oshawa? I went to Pereyma
 
Dec 27, 2010
814
0
0
I'm Irish, so technically European, but not in any practical sense. Europe's so filled with various cultures and ethnic groups, even within individual nations, that classifying them all in one group is a massive generalisation.

(Also: Where the hell is New Zealand on that poll? I mean Christ, you could've at least grouped it in Austral-Asia).
 

Fox242

El Zorro Cauto
Nov 9, 2009
868
0
0
Right now, I guess that I'm from Georgia, although I attend college in Ohio. It's good to be back in the South whenever school is out. Good weather, nice people, awesome soul food!
 

spaceinvaderj

New member
Mar 31, 2011
15
0
0
Ooh, Australians are not that populous on this website.

Oh well, we still have Yahtzee, Vegemite, kangaroos and dinosaurs with funny names.

Hehe, Kakuru...