Poll: Where are you from?

ObsessiveSketch

Nov 6, 2009
Wow! I'm actually shocked at how many of the users being polled are from across the pond! I thought we'd get a hefty majority from the states, but glad to see we're a more diverse community than I'd thought.

HenrySugar

Feb 6, 2012
What if all of the poll questions were done by students at universities and we were their lab experiments for their thesis papers?

SpAc3man

Jul 26, 2009
capper42 said:
On another note, I've always wondered if there's any particular reason this site is so popular with New Zealanders.
We think alike maybe? I started coming here because I watched a bunch of ZP reviews with some mates and wanted more.

There is a highly international community here so perhaps we find we fit in better compared to other sites with more localised communities. Also might have something to do with being a rather tight-knit developed nation with a relatively low population making the degree of separation between each New Zealander very low compared to other nationalities. While the entire world population is said to have 6 degrees of separation, it has been suggested that New Zealand has as little as 2 degrees. For example our Minister of Foreign Affairs has his electorate office just down the road from where I live and I have even said hello and spoken to him as I passed him on the street. He would know pretty much all of the members of parliament so that's my 2 degrees of separation from all the MPs in the New Zealand Government. Seeing as everyone knows everyone in NZ a lot of Kiwi gamers would be drawn to an online community that they already know to be frequented by people they know.

Zack Alklazaris

Oct 6, 2011
I live in Florida, but I'm from Milwaukee, Wisconsin... don't come here unless its Orlando because everything else sucks.

Crayzor

Aug 16, 2009
No one ever seems to have heard of where I'm from, although I suspect that's because at least half the people I spend time with aren't from the UK. Anyway, I'm from the Isle of Wight, but currently living in Colchester for uni.

Bloodtrozorx

Jan 23, 2012
Sun Flash said:
Bloodtrozorx said:
Actually the most populated country in Europe is Germany, ~80 million, then France :)
Ahh, I didn't know that, had it in my head they had around 60 million. Thank you for making me a little bit smarter, good sir!

I don't recall saying any such statistic but hey, Knowledge is POWER!

Sleepy Sol

Feb 15, 2011
United States, Mississippi.

...I don't like living here all that much. At least I live in one of the better parts of the state though.

Zorg Machine

Jul 28, 2008
I come from a land up over, where women are cold and vikings plunder. Don't you shove, don't you shove in the line. You better wait, you better wait your turn....yeah I'm from Sweden (stockholm raised btw) but I thought that was a very boring answer.

Number-14

Dec 13, 2010
Why isn't there a "middle east" option ? I mean where I'm from it is technically Asia but I'm not Asian. Just why ?

BTW I'm from UAE, United Arab Emirates. And no not Dubai.

Matthew Dunn

Apr 1, 2011
Gizmo1990 said:
I am English. The Europe option will just piss people off. Governments like europe. People do not.
Also English and Also think we shouldnt be put together with the Europeans
Have you noticed we dont use the plaggy currency ?

DoomyMcDoom

Jul 4, 2008
I hope I'm not the only person in this thread that feels rather insulted that you put almost all options on a continental/regional scale, EVEN north america, but put the United States as a unique option where ANYONE else can't choose their country of origin... you should have just listed north america, because the way it is right now infers that the united states is the only country on earth, that's special enough to merit mention in your poll as a unique entity.

I'm from Canada.

doomspore98

May 24, 2011
USA. Although I wish I lived in Europe. The town I live in is called Kalamazoo, so I think thats almost as good as anything in Europe. Kalamazoo is in Michigan.

Boris Goodenough

Jul 15, 2009
Matthew Dunn said:
Gizmo1990 said:
I am English. The Europe option will just piss people off. Governments like europe. People do not.
Also English and Also think we shouldnt be put together with the Europeans
Have you noticed we dont use the plaggy currency ?
You're still in Europe, the region, no matter how much you hate it, mu ha ha ha ha ha.
Estonia, Lithuania, Latvia, Poland, the Czech Republic, Slovakia, Hungary, Romania, Bulgaria, Denmark, and Sweden also don't use the Euro.

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
Europe, more accurately Finland.
In case someone doesn't know, it's the place with the sucky beer and grumpy people.