Poll: Where are you from?

Rule Britannia

Apr 20, 2011
I used to live in England but in 2009 I moved to Ontario, Canada. Right now it's sunny (though usually this time of year it's very snowy)

matts

Feb 13, 2012
DoomyMcDoom said:
I hope I'm not the only person in this thread that feels rather insulted that you put almost all options on a continental/regional scale, EVEN north america, but put the United States as a unique option where ANYONE else can't choose their country of origin... you should have just listed north america, because the way it is right now infers that the united states is the only country on earth, that's special enough to merit mention in your poll as a unique entity.

I'm from Canada.
I second that, especially since pretty much the only other countries in North America are Canada and Mexico.

I'm from Sweden

p.s. wow, so many Europeans here... weird isn't the site originally Australian... not to mention English speaking

Mo-shi

Mar 27, 2011
GrimTuesday said:
I'm from Washington state in America. Yes, We get lots of rain (I think its raining now actually) and there are a lot of hipsters. the city I live in is the original Vancouver, so screw you you name stealing Canadians! I'd rather say I was from the proud country of Cascadia, but unfortunately, seceding is frowned upon in the US.
Hallo there! If my Grade 10 history serves me well, we Canadians used to own Fort Vancouver! We just built another Vancouver after the 49th divided. Is that correct? No ill will here!

I'm from the Canadian Vancouver, and there are a shit load more hipsters here. I fit in with them pretty well since I like nerdy gamer stuff. And indie music. I don't care. I like indie music.

Arfonious

Nov 9, 2009
Sam Warrior said:
England, UK. Definitely not European but closest option on the poll.
But you are a part of Europe, and the EU

Why are the brittish so sensetive on that point? Almost xenophobic

XSTALKERX

Mar 10, 2012
I'm from South Africa. And no we don't walk with lions and wild animals down the street. We look at them from inside our cars and take pictures of them.

sharinganblossom25

Jan 2, 2011
United States, in a place called New Mexico. It's home to the largest gathering of hot air balloons in the world. The first nuclear bomb was tested here. IT'S THE 47TH STATE. So I just laugh when people ask me what it's like south of the border. xD

robmastaflex

Jun 15, 2009
Crayzor said:
No one ever seems to have heard of where I'm from, although I suspect that's because at least half the people I spend time with aren't from the UK. Anyway, I'm from the Isle of Wight, but currently living in Colchester for uni.
You mean people actually live on that rock? And here I thought it was just used for tiger storage...

OT: Leeds>Yorkshire>UK>Europe in that order. Us Yorkshire-folk are particularly strict on this.

Aesir23

Jul 2, 2009
I'm from Canada, specifically the province of Manitoba. We are the flattest province in the entire country (even more so than Saskatchewan). It is a land where our winters will freeze the arse off of a polar bear and our summers would cook an egg on the sidewalk.

StBishop

Sep 22, 2009
TopazFusion said:
What's this? No option for New Zealand?
I was just thinking that Oceania would have been better than Australia. What about all of the Pacific Island nations???

OT: Australia.

Burn2Feel

Jan 20, 2010
England, that lovely miserable wet island where the people have a dislike for nearly everything and the government are trying to convince us that we should be more French. I love this country.