Poll: Where Are You From?

sirdanrhodes

Nov 7, 2007
Parallel Streaks said:
It's because Yahtzee is based in Australia and it gives you guys a sort of civic pride, I guess. I however am English, but I went for Other - Please Specify because I refuse to believe that England is part of Europe just yet.
Were part of the EU, I just hope we dont go to the euro, you know we'll have our game prices jacked right up to take advantage of no currency knowladge.

Brodden

Apr 14, 2008
I am canadian from the province of Ontario, and very proud, but it's not the Canada kicks-ass pride. It's more like:
Watching with binoculars to the US rally their forces and wage war on a country for the sake of justifying their annual military expedutures or some other non-war related reason saying to my friend, "I sure am happy to not be there."

I'm here by birth, it wasn't like an elaborate room full of doors giving me the choice where I was born, but I feel that I won the lottery, not because I'm canadian, but I'm not born of a 3rd, 4th world country. And Minnisota isn't cold at all, it's like the Florida of Manitoba.

Limasol

Feb 8, 2008
Not European: British actually, but i conform to exactly no stereotypes apart from the pointy hair thing, fowhawk i think its called. I actually look quite European, damn, going back on myself.

tooktook

Feb 13, 2008
Wow. when I started this I was really hoping there would be more than one South African. Now it just looks stupid....

ilves7

Dec 7, 2007
Born in Finland, moved to the US in 3rd grade... lived in California for a while and now in NY. Definitely consider myself more Finnish than American, though mostly educated in the US (damn my parents from taking me away from the #1 education system in the world).

Singing Gremlin

Jan 16, 2008
England-land here. Not really proud of it, don't actually give a hoot. Pride in one's country seems to involve taking credit for anything ever done by anyone faintly related in your country, and by that token, every patriot should have a helluvalotta guilt right there. Us especially, with that minor conquesting Empire business...

I am addicted to tea though. Well I say tea, its more heated sugar solution pretending to be a hot beverage, but hey!

Anarchemitis

Dec 23, 2007
I already made one of these threads. Oh wells. (At least I used all 8 of the poll option things.)
Annuddha Canadian!

Easykill

Sep 13, 2007
Anarchemitis said:
I already made one of these threads. Oh wells. (At least I used all 8 of the poll option things.)
Annuddha Canadian!
If I remember correctly, you were crucified for doing a much better job than him... And he's getting off scot-free. Weird.

Kogarian

Feb 24, 2008
American. I'm not proud of it, nor do I dislike it. It's just where I was born and live until I become an adult. I'm partially proud to be a Westernern, though.

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
Americano. Parents are from middle-east (Israel) and moved to the U.S. of A. (I was born and raised here)

I'm proud for its pros,
I'm embarased for its cons,
But I'm American, that's all that matters.

Apparently i'm also one of those .01%

jim_doki

Mar 29, 2008
Fraser.J.A said:
Australian. I do think we have some things to be proud of as a country, but there are other areas where we need to pull our heads out of our collective arses.

Australians used to frown on public displays of nationalism (I think we go that from the British). But recently - just in the last five years - young dickheads have taken to wearing the Australian flag as a cape and putting IF YOU DON'T LOVE IT LEAVE stickers on their utes. It's utterly dismaying. I thought we were better than that, but it seems a good proportion of the population absolutely are not. Hence the Cronulla race riots in Sydney a couple of years back. What a slap in the face.
the worst ones are the guys with Southern Cross tattoos. these morons also have their postcodes tattooed, assumedly so when they get lost they can send themselves home, and they also "Proudly" wear the Eureka Stockade flag on their bicep, with no concept of its historical significance.

we've always been kinda racist, but it's been behind closed doors

stompy

Jan 21, 2008
Fraser.J.A said:
Australian. I do think we have some things to be proud of as a country, but there are other areas where we need to pull our heads out of our collective arses.

Australians used to frown on public displays of nationalism (I think we go that from the British). But recently - just in the last five years - young dickheads have taken to wearing the Australian flag as a cape and putting IF YOU DON'T LOVE IT LEAVE stickers on their utes. It's utterly dismaying. I thought we were better than that, but it seems a good proportion of the population absolutely are not. Hence the Cronulla race riots in Sydney a couple of years back. What a slap in the face.
Ugh, don't get me started on those losers. Too much alcohol, not enough brain cells. Actually, you point about wearing the flag as a cape - supposedly, diggers reckon its unpatriotic, 'cos it lets the flag touch the ground.

Now, obviously, you'd be able to tell I'm Aussie. I'm proud of it, but I'm not stupid enough to get into something like the Cronulla riots. Maybe it's 'cos my parents are Indian migrants...

Edit: Shouldn't this be in the Off-topic Section?

MattyDienhoff

Jan 3, 2008
Australian.

Bailey1991 said:
English and Proud. Dunno why Americans are proud. Not much to be proud off. They shoot the English in The Middle East. Stupid Asses. They really are stupid. Sorry to the 0.01% of Americans that are smart.
I would point out how utterly ridiculous and narrow-minded it is to condemn hundreds of millions of people based on their nationality, but I guess this post speaks for itself. It's on par with racism as far as I'm concerned.

ImperialPyromancer

Jan 3, 2008
English (well half Greek, but it doesn't really count as I can't speak the damn language) and I also drink tea. I have a preference to coffee however, and don't eat crumpets so I'm "letting the side down" in almost every single way. Apologies to Her Majesty :'(