Poll: Which Chaos god would you serve?

Blizzard36

Sep 7, 2011
As much as Tzeentch is the only Chaos power that would ever intruige me to intentionally serve, I have to admit that it would totally be Nurgle that would take me. I mean, I get sick so often my friends already call me the Plaugebearer sometimes!

Jadak

Nov 4, 2008
Tzeentch: limitless knowledge of all things and the ability to bend others to your will.

Nurgle: immortality and practical invulnerability, a life free of disease or sickness, eternal, pleasing comfort.
Hmm, well overlooking the fact that limitless knowledge could presumable allow me to work out immortality for myself, I'll go with Nurgle and immortality, everything else is fairly useless once I'm dead, not dying is always useful though ;)

Zantos

Jan 5, 2011
I'm always really pulled between Khorne and Tzeentch, it's a toughy between those two. I think I'd rather go with spending my free time killing S&M fetishists than Zombies though. Plus, do zombies even bleed? So, blood for the blood god I guess.

Though what's wrong with chaos undivided? Abaddon is allowed to choose it, and he's the sort of person that gives himself his own cruddy nickname. I mean, why do the legions of the eye of terror take him seriously when he goes around calling himself the despoiler?

Though in fairness, this is all heresy anyway. Take it away Gabriel!

Matt King

Mar 15, 2010
The only chaos god's i've had gaming/war hammer experience with is khorne and nurgle and out of the two i would chose nurgle, because apparently he looks after his minions.

Yojimzo

Jul 3, 2012
While i do believe in knowledge being power, I dont think I'd like knowing everything, would get boring, so Nurgle it is, *proceeds to soak up damage for other daemons*

TimeLord

For the Emperor!
Legacy
Aug 15, 2008
As already said, this thread has been marked for Exterminatus.
All those loyal to the Imperium of Mankind will endure. Traitors, mutants and heretics will perish!

None can stand before our Lord and His armies.

In His name.
The Emperor protects.

Gitty101

Jan 22, 2010
Slaanesh. Why? I reckon I'd fit the whole depraved and hedonistic character archetype quite well, not to mention indulging myself until I corrupt the fabric of my existence. It just seems sensible to worship one's pleasure rather than committing to super-violence, disease or twisted warp magic.

Albino Boo

Jun 14, 2010
TimeLord said:
All those loyal to the Imperium of Mankind will endure. Traitors, mutants and heretics will perish!

In His name.
The Emperor protects.
hmm timelord let's check the dictionary of deviants. Time Lords, has physic paper and travels in a blue box that is bigger on the inside. Class 1 deviant, marked for immediate cleansing. Call the Inquisition!

Be pure
Be vigilant
BEHAVE

TimeLord

For the Emperor!
Legacy
Aug 15, 2008
albino boo said:
TimeLord said:

In His name.
The Emperor protects.
hmm timelord let's check the dictionary of deviants. Time Lords, has physic paper and travels in a blue box that is bigger on the inside. Class 1 deviant, marked for immediate cleansing. Call the Inquisition!

Be pure
Be vigilant
BEHAVE
*cough*

I found a heretic! Over here! Kill him before he turns others to his traitorous cause against our Emperor!

Loop Stricken

Covered in bees!
Jun 17, 2009
thaluikhain said:
Malal. Just cause I wanted to spoil your poll.

Actually, Malal likes mucking things up for the other Chaos Gods, so that fits perfectly.

Cap: vote pancakes

No, I'm voting for Malal.
Malal doesn't exist anymore due to copyright infringement or some bollocks.

[sub]*ahem*[/sub]

[HEADING=2]BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!

SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE![/HEADING]

Radoh

Bans for the Ban God~
Jun 10, 2010
Hey guess what, I know absolutely nothing about the Warhammer series and even less about the individual players on the field and even I know that Nurgle does NOT grant immortality in a blissful disease free life.
Nurgle does the exact opposite in fact.

uzo

Jul 5, 2011
I could never turn my back on He On Earth ...

... but hypothetically (and heretically I might add) I'd go Tzeentch.

Just as the God Emperor manipulates and directs humanity, so too does Tzeentch.

If anything, I'd regard Tzeentch as the 'Star Child' spoken of in the Emperor's Rebirth. The ironically named Chaos God of Order, and only seems chaotic as we cannot possibly fathom Tzeentchian schemes.

Just as some of us are earmarked as expendable pawns by the Emperor's machinations, likewise we are expendable pawns to Tzeentch's ploys.

Whether you are a pawn, knight, rook, or king is not your decision to make.

**spoilers re: 40k novel below**

PS - There was a 40K novel I read ... can't remember the name ... about a planet that had been cut off by warp storms for millenia. The Imperium had rediscovered it and was going to reclaim it - and unfortunately for the inhabitants - their purity was found to be lacking. The people there, cut off from the Emperor's Light for so long, were scheduled for extermination rather than being brought back into the Imperium.
The book followed two of these people - only young teens I think, from the same village - who were desperately trying to stay alive during an Imperial invasion. One of them was chosen by Tzeentch to be its avatar, and was slowly taken over and possessed by Tzeentch to become a Greater Daemon / Lord of Change. Said Lord of Change's entire purpose was to launch itself into space and sacrifice itself to bring the warp storm again, cutting off the planet from Imperial reinforcements (an Imperial battle fleet en route). I remember it was particularly interesting because Tzeentch showed more concern for the mere mortals than the Imperium did - even giving the boy and girl a chance to say goodbye before the sacrifice necessary to bring the Warp Storm.

Capcha: boiled cabbage. My brains after Tzeentch is done with me.

Ulfsson

Mar 17, 2009
Khorne. Absolutely no doubt. Ability to unleash unending bloodrage against all enemies of the Chaos Gods? I'll take it

PinkiePyro

Sep 26, 2010

I know nothing of warhammer but
you have left off option purple: Discord

ALL HAIL DISCORD BRINGER OF CHOCOLATE RAIN!

userwhoquitthesite

Jul 23, 2009
See, the problem with the Warhammer gods is that they all have a major downside. I'm also just not as deep into the warhammer universe as I'd like to be. But, from the two i really know anything about, I would be a Nurgle devotee.

But, the point's moot. I already am/worship a chaos god, and I have a sweet cane.

Odinsson

Jun 11, 2011
Khorne, because chain axes.

Of course, I am no heretic. All foes of the Emperor will be crushed under the boot of the Sons of Russ.

game-lover

Dec 1, 2010
evilthecat said:
Jamash said:
I hate even the idea of disease or sickness, even the sight of my own phlegm or a pussy spot makes me feel a bit queasy, so "a life free of disease or sickness" sounds like a deal clincher... the "eternal pleasing comfort" is just icing on the "delicious, disease free and totally not sick or rotten in any way" cake.
Just to clarify the OPs description. Nurgle is the plague god. Servants of Nurgle become absolutely infested with disease to the point that they are only questionably alive, but they don't suffer any pain or debilitation. In fact, the experience becomes a kind of narcotic bliss to them.

The reason why they're so tough to kill is because.. well.. how do you kill something whose organs are all mushy gloop already?
Oh HELL NO! That's cheating!

I'm not picking an option until I hear the bloody fine print on what these Gods offer respectively.

Ascend

Mar 14, 2012
If I had to choose ,Tzeentch because of the Thousand sons and psykers but I like the IG the best because BEINBLADESSSS.