Poll: Which do you reckon is coming first? Half Life 3, or Beyond Good and Evil 2?

Borty The Bort

Jul 23, 2016
Considering that both games appear to have been put on hold indefinitely despite being teased since the beginning of time, which of these two snails will reach the finish line first?

(If you're not good with metaphors, that basically means which game is going to be released first.)

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
Borty The Bort said:
(If you're not good with metaphors, that basically means which game is going to be released first.)
A robot dares to lecture us humans on metaphors?

We need a second Omnic Crisis.*

But to answer your question, Beyond Good & Evil 2. That's at least been confirmed to be in development. That at least has trailers. That at least is coming from Ubisoft which needs to produce content to stay afloat, whereas Valve can ride Steam profits until the end of time.

*Yes, I know that's technically already occurring in Overwatch.

Chimpzy_v1legacy

Warning! Contains bananas!
Jun 21, 2009
Neither, because they're actually the same game, but its conflicting nature causes it to continuously cancel itself out.

Your mind may now blow.

shrekfan246

Not actually a Japanese pop star
May 26, 2011
Half-Life 3 is actually hidden in Frog Fractions 2 1/2.

It doesn't exist and it never will, so obviously Beyond Good & Evil at least has the potential of coming first.

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
Considering the whole of BGaE2's development thus far is a single CGI trailer and 0 actual development, which is the same stage it was at a year ago.

So, maybe by 2022?

Bat Vader

Mar 11, 2009
Beyond Good and Evil 2. Half-Life 3 at this point won't be able to live up to the massive amount of hype people have built up for it. Not to mention the fact that I have lost all interest in Half-Life 3. I love the Half-Life series. They are some of my favorite games to replay. One can only wait so long before one stops caring and I have just stopped caring.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
Borty The Bort said:
Considering that both games appear to have been put on hold indefinitely despite being teased since the beginning of time, which of these two snails will reach the finish line first?

BG&E has been teased for a decade now. HL3/EP3 requires Valve to actually even acknowledge it could exist in order to tease it, which they don't even bother with.

Though at this point I have no hope for either. Valve clearly isn't interested in HL3 or they would have said something by now and not let their best writers walk(unless the HL3 script is already written and sitting in a box labeled "Open in case Steam becomes unprofitable"). BG&E doesn't look like it's going to be remotely like the original and I suspect we'll be waiting 5 or so years just to find out regardless.

Here Comes Tomorrow

Jan 7, 2009
Neither. The "devs" of BGaE2 (I suspect they're just guys who Ubisoft formed to specifically figure out how to "win" E3 and they came up with the BGaE2 "trailer") have promised something impossible to deliver on, Ubisoft probably won't want to invest the large amount of money it would cost to make a game of that scale.

Valve no longer make games.

B-Cell_v1legacy

Feb 9, 2016
beyond good and evil 2 will release since its re announced.

Half life 3 will never ever ever going to released. all developers at valve left.

iseko

Dec 4, 2008
They will never release half life 3. Ever. If they do it is going to be considered shit no matter what they do with it. So why bother trying?

Bobular

Oct 7, 2009
Even if they do actually make this Beyond Good & Evil , it doesn't actually look like its going to be an actual sequel to Beyond Good & Evil. So I don't think either will ever really get their sequels, even if we do get something with the name.

Same with Prey[footnote]Note: I do actually like the new Prey[/footnote], the new Prey game is not a sequel to the first Prey, the gameplay is different, the style is different, the characters are different. If you told me it was a sequel to System Shock 2 then I'd believe that more than it being a Prey sequel.

Pseudonym

Legacy
Feb 26, 2014
Country
Nederland
Half-life 3 will, in all likelyhood, never be made whereas BG&E2 might very well be made. I'm pretty sure at least parts of ubisoft, including some of the people that made BG&E, have definite intentions of making it. It'll still be years and it might be canned in the meantime but there is a decent chance it'll happen in the next couple of years. Then again, maybe it won't be. Wouldn't be the first time it was announced and canned.

Also, as it stands it will also probably be a very different game from the first one, but still in the same universe. I don't think that is a terrible thing, tbh.

Imre Csete

Original Character, Do Not Steal
Jul 8, 2010
We'll se an Opposing Force HD remake with Duke Nukem as the new protagonist before Half-Life 3 gets released.

So BG&E2 first.

B-Cell_v1legacy

Feb 9, 2016
Ezekiel said:
]I still want Half-Life 3. I just don't think about it. It's not that important to me. I could wait years more.
and i have been telling you since 2014 when on GT days that Half life 3 will never going to happen. valve last full fledge game released in 2011 and last full half life was at 2004. then they start making fp2, coop, MP games.

Now they dont even make F2p anymores.

they are not game development company.

I see 4A games and id Software are new valve of this generation who made quality FPS games that valve used to make.

you are missing out alot if you skip Doom. its best game of this generation by far.

Sep 28, 2016
Both will happen eventually. Don't literally hold your breath for it. Worst case scenario is they will only happen when the developers are out of ideas and money, leaving past glories to lean back on. They're inevitable, but not imminent.

sXeth

Elite Member
Legacy
Nov 15, 2012
BGaE2 seems like a much higher candidate. The people who own it still make games, and they do keep throwing out trailers to at least gauge demand.