Poll: Which Fictitious Foot Soldier Would it Suck to be the Most?

Caligulove

Sep 25, 2008
Warhammer 40k.

But then again they have the fact that their whole universe would suck to live in, regardless of where you were or what you were doing. ..

Samurai Goomba

Oct 7, 2008
Imperial Guard.

Their strategy seems to be "Stand here in a big pile, then become bloody when the giant army of orcs/chaos/stay puft marshmallow men crushes you. Oh, and anyone who wants to leave? I'll shoot you."

The Guardsmen are (in the novels, anyway) portrayed as being pretty much the weakest beings in the universe (or outside of it) who still insist on fighting. They're the onstage warm-up act for the Space Marines. Even the all-female army (forget what they're called) is much, much stronger than them.

At least Grunts are pretty tough. I mean, they can kill Marines on their own. They can kill pretty much anything that isn't a Spartan on their own.

Zolrak 22

Sep 9, 2009
Donnyp said:
Zolrak 22 said:
This kinda of reminded me of this: http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2009/10/19/ , tell me Im not the only one who ever thought this might have happened in other "Evil" Organizations.
I like this one.

http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2004/2/20/
Well at least he gives moral support to the troops.Just you know, from a safe distance...
Wouldnt wanna get too much blood on my outfit.

TheCake66

Nov 22, 2009
I could say Warhammer 40k Imperial Guard,but that's to typical so I'll say Cobra Henchmen,they get there asses kicked around all day by overly muscled homosexuals who don't even have any weapons. Also there leader is a huge retard,I mean seriously! a weather manipulator!? why the hell doesn't he just nuke those G.I.Pricks into oblivion!

Mcface

Aug 30, 2009
Call of Duty non main characters.

they just continually run up, die instantly.
over
and over.

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
The Imperial Guardsmen only goal is dying in large numbers to slow down the enemy, and when your job is pretty much to die, it can't get any worse.

TheCake66

Nov 22, 2009
Assassinator said:
The Imperial Guardsmen only goal is dying in large numbers to slow down the enemy, and when your job is pretty much to die, it can't get any worse.
No there goal is to die in large numbers and take 0.02% of an enemy with them,to slow the enemy down.

GrimTuesday

May 21, 2009
The Starship Troopers (or to appease some people, the Mobile Infantry). They say it perfectly in the movie: Pilots do the flying, Mobile Infantry does the dying.

Rahheemme

Aug 2, 2009
Other:
A Star Trek Redshirt
"So this is the future in space. Do we get any super advanced armor?"
"Nope. You get a red t shirt."
"Seriously? That's it? I'm going to get killed in this for sure."
"That's why it's red. Detergent costs a lot of money, you know."

WolfThomas

Man must have a code.
Dec 21, 2007
nikki191 said:
well in the colonial marines defence only one small group in one movie encountered the aliens
Who couldn't use their plasma weapons in the generator core and still put up a reasonable fight against acid blooded monster who could walk on walls. Honestly colonial marines are pretty badass.

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
TheCake66 said:
Assassinator said:
No there goal is to die in large numbers and take 0.02% of an enemy with them,to slow the enemy down.
0.02%? Thát much?
Rahheemme said:
Other:
A Star Trek Redshirt
"So this is the future in space. Do we get any super advanced armor?"
"Nope. You get a red t shirt."
"Seriously? That's it? I'm going to get killed in this for sure."
"That's why it's red. Detergent costs a lot of money, you know."
I never got that too, you'd think you give your security personal something more substantial than red spandex shirts. At least in the latest Enterprise series they had the Mako's with proper combat gear.

spartan773

Nov 18, 2009
Skarin said:
Colonial marines easily. They are walking cannon fodder before they even disembark.
Agree.
So many horrible deaths... either being torn apart by claws... or being faceraped by a tiny alien, only to have it's bastard spawn rip out of your chest.

spartan773

Nov 18, 2009
TheCake66 said:
I could say Warhammer 40k Imperial Guard,but that's to typical so I'll say Cobra Henchmen,they get there asses kicked around all day by overly muscled homosexuals who don't even have any weapons. Also there leader is a huge retard,I mean seriously! a weather manipulator!? why the hell doesn't he just nuke those G.I.Pricks into oblivion!
It would upset the little kids who watched it back then.
also it would cause the series to end negatively and that wouldn't do for the fragile retard children of the 60's-70's who believe good triumphs over evil.
plus the possible toy line.

skcseth

May 25, 2009
I would say Halo Grunt, but aren't the Marines in ODST grunts?
So I'm going to have to go with Storm Trooper. At least everyone else can hit a moving target. Plus I'd be a clone. No soul to worry about ;)

Grubnar

Aug 25, 2008
I voted for the Imperial Guardsmen (Warhammer 40.000) because as someone once said: If you have a problem you can not solve with conventional means, just throw Guardsmen at it untill it goes away.

AvsJoe

Elite Member
May 28, 2009
I'll go with the Colonial Marine because he's the only option on the list that dies scared. I don't want to die scared; that would suck.