Poll: Which generations of Pokemon do you "recognize"?

pppppppppppppppppp

Jun 23, 2011
So with the 5th generation of Pokemon out and the 6th one in the works, it's pretty apparent even even to diehard fans that the creators are slowly running out of ideas. A lot of people started adopting the mentality that there are "only 151 Pokemon" or "only 251" ect, ending at the point they felt the Pokemon series jumped the shark.

So which Pokemon do you consider legitimate, or at what point did you stop liking the series? Or if you still play the games, at what point in the series did you stop trying to memorize them and stuff like that?

Personally, I stop at the first 250. I'm pretty sure Luvdisk marked the beginning of the end of my love for Pokemon, it's just a...disk...heart....whatever....thing....

The_Blue_Rider

Sep 4, 2009
I think they're all valid, because even though first generation had some pretty awesome Pokemon, it also had some really stupid Pokemon.

The Madman

Dec 7, 2007
I've only ever played Pokemon Red, that's about the extent of my Pokemon knowledge. Do vaguely remember the show though, remember being pretty shocked when the main protagonist didn't end up winning that big tournament. No clue if he ever did in further seasons however, but that was a neat twist.

So yeah, 151. I hesitate to even ask how many there are now...

AstylahAthrys

Apr 7, 2010
I recognize all of them, but I really like to stick to the first two. RBY/GSC/FRLG/HGSS is where it's at for me! I bet that's mostly nostalgia talking, though.

Sleepy Sol

Feb 15, 2011
I still love the games, and I think all generations have their gems and their failures, but I sometimes find that I do have difficulty remembering the names of some Pokemon now. Most of the forgotten names are in the 3rd and 4th generation.

I guess those 2 generations just weren't as memorable to me as 1, 2, and 5. To be fair, the 5th generation is pretty fresh in my mind due to White and Black coming out this year.

Smertnik

Apr 5, 2010
Wait, there're more Pokemons beside Pikachu, the fire lizard and the water turtle?

Scrustle

Apr 30, 2011
Well they are all "legitimate", they're all made by Nintendo, but I can only reliably recognise up to generation 3. I know some of 4 (I have Pearl), but I don't know them anywhere near as well as I know the ones before. That isn't directly because they are running out of ideas, it's just I am less interested in them because they are running out of ideas. The designs themselves aren't forgettable, they just suck. So I'm not interested in memorising them, or playing the games long enough that it happens without me trying.

StorytellingIsAMust

Jun 24, 2011
I think all of Pokemon is valid because, despite whatever opinions you may have about what they look like, gameplay, depth, and strategy in Pokemon has only been getting better and better, although it seems like it peaked with HG/SS and that it just plateaued with Black and White.

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
I liked 1st and 2nd and played the third gen games but after that I've left it.
So answer in poll is 1st and 2nd for me :)

Tazzy da Devil

Sep 9, 2011
All the pokemon are valid, I don't think we should be able to pick and choose which pokemon we accept. Even if some are a bit derpy at times.

piplink

Mar 11, 2011
up to the 3rd gen, after that, i blank out. i REALLY loved crystal, my fav of them all.

Rule Britannia

Apr 20, 2011
I know 1st and 4th lol I only know the starting pokemon of 3rd, or is it second?
quilava, bayleaf faraligator. (or are those the second stage of them)

Terminate421

Jul 21, 2010
All of them. Fuck haters, true fans like all generations and are open to new ones. Cutting off at a certain generation just because you don't like the look of one is stupid.

There are ugly Pokemon in every generation. I've been playing since red and blue hit US shores.

Puddleknock

Sep 14, 2011
Went for 1st and 2nd. No problem with the rest its just Silver was the game I enjoyed and played the most. Didn't play gen 3 or 4 and tried 5 but I guess I've moved on from Pokemon.

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
I would probably recognise all the generations. Each one has some good ones and some bad.

DEAD34345

Aug 18, 2010
I recognise only one Pokemon, and that one is Pidgey: Destroyer of Worlds.

All others are mere cattle to be slaughtered by the almighty gust!

So... first generation, I guess. I stopped playing when I was unable to obtain a pidgey very early in the game, so I think that's just blue, red and yellow. I never bothered to memorise or use any others, it just amused me that I could defeat everything in the universe with a pigeon.

sextus the crazy

Oct 15, 2011
The_Blue_Rider said:
I think they're all valid, because even though first generation had some pretty awesome Pokemon, it also had some really stupid Pokemon.
So true. I wish people would realize this, but instead they're blinded by nostalgia.

Leoforce

Dec 15, 2011
It's interesting to see how every generation will progress, especially with the legendary. They've sort of written themselves into a corner, already creating deities for the three states of matter. All that needs to be changed is the fire starter NOT being a fighting type as well. Fire/Steel or Fire/Grass or even Fire/Flying again.