Poll: Which horrible film should my Literature & Film class watch

MrMixelPixel

Jul 7, 2010
FalloutJack said:
Killer Klowns From Outer Space.

Failing that, Night of the Lepus.

Failing THAT, The Green Slime.

But... but... Killer Clowns from Outer Space is a great movie. -cries-

Ot: Birdemic or the Room. Both will be entertainingly awful. I voted for Birdemic though...

Vladeon

Jul 16, 2009
Actually, a good movie to do a critique about would be that Hunger Games movie. You might not enjoy it, but it's a "critical success" that's actually very poorly done mainly due to the piss poor writing/story. There are a lot of very awkward, unnecessary scenes that could've been easily cut. I know there's going to be a lot of people out there that's going to be mad because they love the books and whatever, but the thing you have to do even with adaptations is to take the movie on its own merits and try and forget about the books. If you do that, there's a lot of necessary information that was either not included or cut that makes it a truly poor movie.

There's a lot of people here who are saying to go with birdemic or the room or other such travesties, but the fact of the matter is that there's so much wrong with these movies that your critique would simply be "it's broken," and nothing would be learned or conveyed, it would just be a waste of time. For my money, go with the Hunger Games. It's a terrible movie that made a lot of mistakes but also made a ton of money. And before anyone chimes in about how the movie was just trying to appeal to the book's existing fan base, I'll tell you right now that that's a terrible way to make a movie and no existing studio would do that. Why appeal only to the existing fan base when you can wrangle in more fans by explaining everything correctly and not relying on the audience's prior knowledge.

Sonicron

Do the buttwalk!
Mar 11, 2009
Watched quite a few really bad stinkers over the last couple of years. Feel free to torment your class with any one of the following:

- Dungeons & Dragons
- Dungeons & Dragons: Wrath of the Dragon God
- Give 'em Hell Malone
- Green Hornet
- Jonah Hex

Of course, your choices are pretty damn excruciating as well, so go nuts with those if you want.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
MrMixelPixel said:
FalloutJack said:
Killer Klowns From Outer Space.

Failing that, Night of the Lepus.

Failing THAT, The Green Slime.

But... but... Killer Clowns from Outer Space is a great movie. -cries-

Ot: Birdemic or the Room. Both will be entertainingly awful. I voted for Birdemic though...
Oh, I'm with you on that. I like it. I like it because it's so nuts that you can't not like it. However, professionally speaking, it's regarded as a B-movie. But then...so is alot of Bruce Campbell's work, and we love him.

BarbaricGoose

May 25, 2010
Marter said:
There's nothing to really analyze in either of them, but I vote for The Room. It's (probably) funnier.
YOUR AVATAR IS TEARING ME A POT, MARTAR! I can't tell what's happening. It looks like one guy I don't have time to make out is hitting another guy I can't make out with some sort of book-like object, and they appear to be in a... I'm gonna say castle? The camera cuts too many times, and too quickly to figure anything out.

I'm not joking when I say that is the most infuriating gif I've ever seen in my entire life. It's just interesting and long enough that you want to figure out what's happening, but you can't, and yet you keep trying.

OT: gotta give it to The Room. Tommy kills the best actor in the movie by throwing it out a window in the third act.

Pink Gregory

Jul 30, 2008
Not actually a bad film as such, actually quite a fun movie:

Bram Stoker's Dracula, it's an exercise in over the top camp that's a joy to watch, you've got vampire Gary Oldman, Anthony Hopkins absolutely stealing every scene he's in, TOM WAITS AS RENFIELD (that's just for me, though, probably), wonderfully creative and camp Tim Burton-esque sets, and it's directed by Francis Ford Coppola, of all people.

Olas

Hello!
Dec 24, 2011
If you want a movie of just astounding, borderline creepy badness, go with Legend of the Titanic. Some movies are just badly made, but this one is baffling to the human mind, and is just insulting to it's source material, american history, and the sanity of anyone watching.
part 1
part 2

and then when you're done with that.

direkiller

Dec 4, 2008
Night of the Lepus
unless your friends come here and watch the big picture they will have no idea

Battlefield earth
although they probably heard of that before

Leprechaun V:In da Hood

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
When I read the title of this thread the first two movies that popped into my mind were The Room and Birdemic. Wonderful! If you have the time, do both. Otherwise, I'd go with The Room but only because I haven't seen Birdemic in full.

As for Other...Green Lantern. Although I don't blame you for not wanting to drop the $15 on a copy or, use the hard drive space to download a copy.

Darren716

Jul 7, 2011
OlasDAlmighty said:
If you want a movie of just astounding, borderline creepy badness, go with Legend of the Titanic. Some movies are just badly made, but this one is baffling to the human mind, and is just insulting to it's source material, american history, and the sanity of anyone watching.
part 1
part 2

and then when you're done with that.

It's funny the Legend of Titanic was actually the film I was telling my friends about before they told the teacher that we should watch the room.

ClockworkPenguin

Mar 29, 2012
Dungeon Siege.

Firstly, they forked out the cash for Jason Statham and that guy who played Hellboy, so they must have actually been trying.

Secondly, it was so bad that I preferred the game.

No more need be said.