Poll: Which is worse - Hot weather or cold weather?

Sacman

Don't Bend! Ascend!
May 15, 2008
Cold Weather... entirely because it does horror to my hair... makes my hair all dry and scalp all flaky...<.<

Wolf In A Bear Suit

Jun 2, 2012
Hot, I'm pretty used to the cold at this stage. Suprisingly though I went to Africa this Summer and the heat didn't obliterate me which was nice. The rush of heat getting of the plane was insane. Night time was warmer than any Irish Summers day. Once I got used to it, it was fine.

Sethzard

Megalomaniac
Dec 22, 2007
Country
United Kingdom
I seriously loathe hot weather. Hot humid weather is my idea of hell. As some other people have said, it's easier (and more legal) to wrap up than it is to strip.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
Well, as I live in Pittsburgh where the three seasons are Summer, winter, and RAIN...where the word 'drought' is a laughable term...where many of us have insurance against flooding, landslide, and MINE SUBSIDANCE...I would say hot weather is worse.

You see, it takes far more energy to make hot to cold than vice versa. Living in foul weather territory, I can tell you that winter happiness is thick clothes, a decent coat, and a reasonble space heater, and that's for those with low funds. One furnace heating made payable by utility taxes is probably less of a to-do than the strain and consumption on electricity during times of heat. Suffice to say, I'm definitely use to ther cold, so that sort of makes the win.

OmniscientOstrich

Jan 6, 2011
1000 times hot weather. Leaving aside the fact that all you have to do is put on more layers to combat the cold, really hot weather actually worsens my mood; it leaves me feeling arid and languorous, cold weather doesn't really weigh down on you or take the energy out of you in the same way, it's just a lot easier to deal with, though I suppose living in England I've gotten more acclimatised to it. I don't mind it being warm and sunny, with a nice breeze during the summertime, but anything over 25°C just seems pointless to me. I generally prefer winter over summer at any rate.

The_Echo

Mar 18, 2009
I despise them both, but it's far easier to escape cold than heat.

Heat is basically my antithesis, the bane of my existence. I'm prone to headaches, heat being one of the bigger causes. (So, I get headaches much less often in the winter than the summer.) All of my pants are jeans, and I don't enjoy wearing shorts. So that's no fun either.

I also have a fairly robust tolerance for cold. I can stand most temperatures during the winter (northern Ohio) with only a jacket.

TheFunPolice

Mar 29, 2011
I think we complain about the weather no matter what it is...In the boiling summer, we wish for the winter. In the winter, we whine about missing summer

But I'd say hot weather is probably worse. you have less control over how cool/hot you get...Whereas in the winter you can put on a jacket and remain warm for as long as you like ^_^

GundamSentinel

The leading man, who else?
Aug 23, 2009
When it's cold, you can always do something about it. Dress more warmly, turn up the heater. When it's too hot, there's only so much you can do.

MeChaNiZ3D said:
I'm in Australia so we don't get incredibly cold but generally speaking we get both, and I've come to the conclusion that I hate HUMIDITY. I'm happy with hot or cold, but fuck humid weather. Overcast muggy hot without rain in the worst, I would say. I'm absolutely fine with dry and hot, raining and cold, dry and cold, but humidity leads to discomfort in all scenarios that don't involve precipitation.
And this as well. Hot and cold weather are a lot more bearable when it's not so damn humid.

trollnystan

I'm back, baby, & still dancing!
Dec 27, 2010
Hot weather is my bane! Then again, I'm pretty sensitive to heat. Everyone at work wears several layers regardless of time of year, while I'm can work in the frozen foods section in midwinter wearing short sleeves and still feel a bit hot.

Thankfully I live in Sweden where we can have up to six months of winter =D

F'Angus

Nov 18, 2009
Hot, you can always put on more clothes if you're cold, but if you're too warm all you can rely on is a fan.

DrunkenMonkey

Sep 17, 2012
Both are terrible in extreme circumstances, see twilight episode for that with the earth moving closer and farther away from the sun. But if it's a normal scenario def. the heat. You can add layers of clothing and make artificial heat, if it's cold of course. When it's hot you can only strip so far...

Nazulu

They will not take our Fluids
Jun 5, 2008
The rules are a little different in Australia, but I'd still say it's easier to warm up than cool down.

Sigmund Av Volsung

Hella noided
Dec 11, 2009
Hot; you get fucking sweaty, your concentration breaks down and the sun hurts.

At least during cold weather it feels like you're alive, and at the most, all it can do is sting a bit.

wolf thing

Nov 18, 2009
well Scotland's weather ranger from a bit cold to shit so im not really used to either extreme like some country, but i suppose hot weather is worse because it make my house very uncomfortable to be in a night, but if it snow the whole country (including england) go fucking bananza and train and busses get cancelled and school get called off like its the appoclopys has rolled around.

ThatRandomGuy42

Aug 21, 2011
Sleeping on a hot night is seriously difficult sometimes.
Cold nights however, all you have to do is wrapped yourself up in a duvet or wear thicker nightclothes (or actually wear if you don't)

wrightguy0

Dec 8, 2010
Cold, it's hard for me to warm up and my joints tend to get sore in colder than average temperatures. Not to mention the viciously cold winds and ice.

winter is pretty to look at though, but it would be better if it wasn't cold

MrBenSampson

Oct 8, 2011
I'm pretty happy living in Canada. Unlike the rest of my family, I prefer winter over summer. No sweating, no allergies and no mosquitos. It's the only time of the year when I actually enjoy being outside, and shoveling the driveway beats mowing the lawn.

Edit: I just remembered when my dad told me about the day he spent in Dubai. It was over 40C with 100% humidity. He said he felt like he was melting.

Shilefin

Aug 18, 2011
Me and my viking friends agree, hot is greatly more annoying. Especially if you're afraid of insects or other little living creatures that dwell in it like I do. Goddamn those things are terrifying. And cold? I love cold. It's peaceful and quiet. Damn, the cold weather circumstances you've described sound like fun to me.

Squilookle

Nov 6, 2008
MeChaNiZ3D said:
I'm in Australia so we don't get incredibly cold but generally speaking we get both, and I've come to the conclusion that I hate HUMIDITY. I'm happy with hot or cold, but fuck humid weather. Overcast muggy hot without rain in the worst, I would say. I'm absolutely fine with dry and hot, raining and cold, dry and cold, but humidity leads to discomfort in all scenarios that don't involve precipitation.
Agreed on all counts, and since humidity isn't a problem in Winter, I guess it's a vote against hot weather for me.

I suppose the real question is what is worse: Hot Weather with Humidity, or Cold Weather with High Winds?

Doclector

Aug 22, 2009
I hate hot weather. It's constant annoyance, and makes everything you do harder and more goddamn annoying. Plus, when it's cold, I can put on as many clothes as I like, but when it's hot, I could sit around in the nude and it would still be unbearable. Not that I'm allowed to, oh no. Mr steroid abuse can walk around without a top on fine, but when I get too hot, there's hell to pay...

So, yeah, hot weather's worse.