Poll: Which is worse - Hot weather or cold weather?

Dead Seerius

Feb 4, 2012
And by "hot" I mean "dang-I'm-sweating-in-places-I-didn't-even-know-possible" hot. At least 100 degrees Fahrenheit ('Murican here).
And for cold, we're talking ice-cold wind in your face, snow on the ground, and big gray clouds as far as the eye can see. So basically, of the most uncomfortable features each has to offer, which is worse to you?

If you've never had the misfortune of dealing with such extremes before, just call to mind your own personal definitions of really hot/cold weather.

And since you asked, I hate cold weather.

Keoul

Apr 4, 2010
Hot. Because it's easier to-
Mr Cwtchy said:
Hot. Because it's easier to-
Twilight_guy said:
Hot weather. It's easier to put on a jacket then to cool off.
Fuck.
Fuck.

Well in that case, winter/cold weather is more awesome because of snow and it makes sleeping the best thing in the world.

Lazy

Aug 12, 2012
Cold. I get cold when it's 30 degrees C out so you can imagine how unpleasant actual cold weather is for me.

EscapeGoat_v1legacy

Aug 20, 2008
Hot weather. It's far too uncomfortable and you feel compelled to be lethargic. All you can do is find shade, get a cool drink and hope for a fan.

At least in cold weather you can wrap up warm, stamp around in boots and you get the need to actually do things to keep yourself warm. At least for me, I can cope with cold weather much better than hot weather, so hot weather is worse.

BloatedGuppy

Feb 3, 2010
Both are unpleasant, and I enjoy generally hot weather a lot more than generally cold weather, but once both have gotten to unpleasant extremes then hot weather is worse, and it's honestly not particularly close. Getting in out of the cold into the roasty indoors, drinking hot beverages...it's actually quite pleasant. Sure, it's nippy outside, but we spend most of our time INSIDE, and it's quite easy to keep the inside toasty warm. Worst case scenario you have blankets and sweaters and cuddling.

Hot weather...you just sweat. You sweat outside, you sweat inside. You can't sleep because it's so fucking hot. You just toss around in a puddle of your own sweat. And god forbid it's hot AND damp, it clings to you like a second skin.

Vegosiux

May 18, 2011
You can always put on another jacket, but there's a limit to how naked you can get.

Also, I don't actually mind cold.

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
Hot and for some reason I live in the hot and it can get to 120 degrees. D:

At least in the cold you can bury yourself in blankets, and you can only take off to many cloths when it gets stupid hot.

Hot sucks, and if it weren't for the whole breathing thing the only solution would be to just hang out under water until it gets cooler out.

BathorysGraveland

Dec 7, 2011
For me, cold.

With hot, the worst it gets is annoying and frustrating, due to the sweat and stickiness (currently like that in Australia, damn it all) but with cold, it can be downright fucking painful. Nothing is worse than that biting feeling in your fingers as they're turning numb.

JoJo

and the Amazing Technicolour Dream Goat 🐐
Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
🇬🇧
Cold, I cannot stand the cold and unfortunately I live in the UK. You can never cover 100% of your body and so when you're out it's impossible to remain completely warm on a very cold day. I like the heat on the other hand unless it's ridiculously hot, and I'm lucky that I don't sweat much compared to most people.

Powereaver

Apr 25, 2010
definitely hot weather.. as people have said above and i tell people, you can always put on more clothes in the cold.. in the hot you get to naked.. and if you're still hot.. tough bikkies!

teqrevisited

Mar 17, 2010
I always find it harder to cool down than to warm up. Fans only tend to circulate slightly cooler air and drinking loads makes you spend half of the day in the loo.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
Hot weather.

As everyone has already said, if it's cold you can put on more clothing, but when it's hot, well... there's only so much clothing you can take off.

Besides, I'm just a creature built for cold climate. I'm quite comfortable in cold weather, so long as I keep moving. But hot? Ugh.

Duck Sandwich

Dec 13, 2007
Cold. I have winter eczema on my knuckles, so if I go for a walk without gloves in -20 degree Celsius weather, it'll look like I had a bare-knuckle boxing match with a brick wall (gloves don't completely negate this effect). Having your hands being too numb to open a door sucks, too. In general, I'm just more inured to hot weather than cold, even though I'm Canadian.

Hot weather is also more conducive to running (which I do a lot of). I think cold weather drains your energy about as much as hot (could be wrong on that, though), and in hot weather, you don't have to slow down to dodge puddles/pits of snow. And you don't have to armour up in 3-4 layers of clothing just to go out to check the mail.

Eclipse Dragon

Lusty Argonian Maid
Legacy
Jan 23, 2009
Country
United States
Hot for the same reason expressed so much already...

Although humidity makes both heat and cold so much worse. Hot with humidity becomes a choking blanket kind of hot and cold with humidity becomes bone chilling.

SlaveNumber23

A WordlessThing, a ThinglessWord
Aug 9, 2011
Definitely hot is worse, because it really drains the energy out of you and with cold weather all you have to do is throw a warm coat on and the cold is pretty much negated. You can't exactly take your skin off to cool down in the heat, there is a limit to the layers of clothing you can take off.

smithy_2045

Jan 30, 2008
Cold weather can fuck off and die. I hate the cold. It makes me terrible at anything requiring reflexes or precision movement, and I hate having to wear multiple layers just to try and stay warm.

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
Cold weather. I'm quite weak when it comes to withstanding the cold whereas with hot weather I don't mind at all. Sometimes I don't even notice.

Dags90

Oct 27, 2009
Cold weather is definitely worse for me. I love hot, dry weather. My general shape also makes me very efficient at shedding body heat, high surface area to mass ratio.