Poll: Which is worse - Hot weather or cold weather?

EightGaugeHippo

Apr 6, 2010
You cannot seem to escape hot weather. It Doesn't matter if you're outside or inside it's still boiling.
Where as cold weather, you can either go inside or put a jacket, gloves, and a hat on and you'll be fine.

Lynx

Jul 24, 2009
Hot. Warm is good, hot is horrible. I get all sweaty and smelly and red in the face, ughh. I don't mind cold weather as long as the wind doesn't blow a rain of snow in my face, plus I quite enjoy wearing fluffy socks and trench coats and soft, cuddly cardigans. Then again, I am a Swede.

J-dog42

Aug 1, 2010
Here in New Zealand at the moment, in my city, it is 29C (84F) and I'm finding it pretty unbearable. I much prefer colder weather around the 15-19C mark (59-66F). If I had to choose between too hot and too cold, I would go too cold every time.

kyuzo3567

Jan 31, 2011
Humidity... I seem to radiate heat, and being a very large fat man I'm very well insulated in the cold. However, my favourite place to visit in the states is Arizona as I can handle dry heats even in the 40's as long as I have a drink with me, but because I'm always so warm I just want to die when its humid out. Living in Ontario near the lakeside it's always hot and humid, never a dry heat so I hide in my basement where it's nice and cool

Jaeke

Feb 25, 2010
You can always put on more clothes.

So yeah, HOT weather is way worse, and this is coming from a Floridian.

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
hot. anything above 20c and i feel like dying. im seriuos. i feel fine at -20c today.

Boris Goodenough

Jul 15, 2009
Hot, I wear t-shirts in frost weather and watching people with more than one layer of clothes under their jackets make me sweat.

vxicepickxv

Slayer of Bothan Spies
Sep 28, 2008
Having survived both(and both kinds of hot), the absolute worst is hot and humid weather. Why? Two words. Swamp ass.

If it's cold you can bundle up, if it's dry, you won't be coated in sweat. When it's humid, you're drenched in sweat all the time.

EDIT:When I mention this, I refer to ~100F with 90% humidity, ~125F with <10% humidity, -40F(or C because the two are interchangeable at that temperature).

When it's -40 regularly, you enjoy days when it's closer to freezing(0C or 32F) because it meant it was warm outside.

Relish in Chaos

Mar 7, 2012
For me, I dislike cold weather more than hot weather, because I get less ill in the summer than in the winter. Plus, it can be easier for me to cool off in the sun than it is for me to warm up in the cold.

TheBlueRabbit

Ballistic Comedian
Jan 9, 2009
I'd have to say hot weather is worse for me. I can always put on more layers, but I can only take off so many before people start losing their cookies and I get arrested.

Tahaneira

Social Justice Rogue
Feb 1, 2011
Hot. By far. Give me snow and ice any day, I can just build a fire and layer up. Heat, though... heat you can't really drive away. There's only so much clothing you can take off (especially with roommates).

It helps that I live in western Washington, where most buildings don't have AC. And I also start complaining when the temperature hits 75 F. I'm kind of a wimp when it comes to heat.

Love cold, though.

mitchell271

Sep 3, 2010
Hot weather. I was born and raised in Canada (still live here) and depending where you live, you can get some cold-ass winters. I mean -30C (that's -22F for americans) plus windchill cold. I can go outside in jeans and a t-shirt as cold as -5C with no wind so I usually don't mind the cold. If I ever do get cold though, I can just more layers on or move my body really quickly to warm myself up. When you're hot, there's nothing much you can do except drink lots of water and submerse yourself in cold water.

bossfight1

Apr 23, 2009
I prefer hot weather, mainly because it's easier to accommodate. I live in a room in my house where the heat doesn't pass to easily, but in hot weather I just crack open a window, and turn on a fan.

Zen Toombs

Nov 7, 2011
Humidity sucks worse than both, but I'd rather heat than cold. It's far easier for me to deal with.

Denamic

Aug 19, 2009
When you die from heat, you will suffer horrible before going insane and dying.
When you die from cold, you start feeling numb, warm, even comfortable, before falling asleep and dying.

Besides, when it's too cold, you can just wear more or warmer clothes, but if it's too warm, you can't exactly wear less than nothing.