Poll: Which of the "Big Three" anime is your favorite?

Firia

Sep 17, 2007
You gave me the choice between garbage, sewage, and rotten fish. ;T
I suppose I'll choose garbage (Naruto). Or Bleach. Cause they're kind of the same in terms of garbage. Hard to say which is smellier.

Now, Ghost in the Shell! There's a proper anime!

Ocelano

Apr 14, 2009
This one is tricky for me as it depends on which version of one piece your talking about, the original Japanese one piece was my favourite one one your list of three but the sanitized kiddy american version sucked beyond all comprehension with hole sections being cut out and the guns being replaced with strange things like spring loaded hammers and shovels, that along with the sh*tty voice acting killed the american version for me. Maybe if they ever get around to releasing an uncut version like they did with dbz I may watch it again but I was lost to this by the time they reached alabaster.

Sticking with the english versions bleach closely followed by Naruto

Sacman

Don't Bend! Ascend!
May 15, 2008
Bleach is my favorite though all the God Damn filler arcs are really pissin' me off especially that the journey into Hueco Mundo(I think it's called) isalmost nearing it's completion...

herio

May 20, 2009
Naruto Shippuden i get bord
BLEACH - i like it
One Piece - cant stop watching it if its on

Artina89

Oct 27, 2008
Out of the 3 you've given me, Bleach (first one I watched, never seen one piece, and Naruto gets on my nerves) but I gave up after the first couple of seasons. My actual favourites are Cowboy Bebop, Death Note, Hellsing, Devil May Cry and Samurai gun.

ThatTallGuy

Jul 24, 2009
Bleach for me, when it's not a filler arc. Also, I wasn't aware that One Piece was one of the "Big Three." I assumed that the "Big Three" advertised were Naruto, Bleach, and DBZ, but no worries.

Nazulu

They will not take our Fluids
Jun 5, 2008
Probably Naruto is the best out of them but I only watched the first 100 episodes and a bit of Shippuden, it started getting a little too silly for me after that. What am I saying? It was silly to begin with!

Azraellod

Dec 23, 2008
Huh. Well, I guess I haven't watched any of the big 3 yet, so I cant pick an option.

I'm not sure what to think of that. I guess it means I can pick something else, but I tend to have difficulty picking favorites.

Eh, whatever. I'll just go with Yu-Gi-Oh because it fits my avatar.

[hr]

Douk said:
I agree, if they made an "alternate ending" then the series would be perfect.
Well, here are two. Take your pick I guess.

Summerstorm

Elite Member
Sep 19, 2008
Hahaha... big three... Big three neverending, not really telling a story, addiction-based, "entertainment" for boys? But seriously: There are not many animes which can justify going over 26 episodes. These three are not part of it. I see no value in them except some of the fights (which could be cut out and shown seperatly *g*)

NeutralDrow

Mar 23, 2009
You probably should have clarified that those are the Big Three Shounen titles.

That said, I actually don't watch the anime version of any of them, though I read each manga. At the moment, I'm most enamored of Naruto, though that can certainly change.

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
He clearly said which is your Favorite. Give the guy a break. Seriously.

I choose Naruto because I watched those the most.

Bruce Missile

Jan 12, 2010
The majority is for one piece (for now), and so am I.

This pretty much summarizes my thoughts on the other options.

Cleverpun

Dec 11, 2008
Popularity and length don't equal quality, though I will admit that I've watched all three, and I got ending fatigue around the end of the first arc for naruto, and partway into the second for bleach.

They all have similar, noticeable, numerous flaws, so I'll have to agree with all the people who are complaining about the question rather than answering it.

Kae

That which exists in the absence of space.
Legacy
Nov 27, 2009
Country
The Dreamlands
Out of those options one piece because it has pirates, well actually it's the only one I've watched more than 30 episodes out of those and I don't really like Naruto and I think Bleach might be good but I only saw like 5 episodes then again I'm not much of an anime fan 70% of my anime knowledge comes from my brother and 20% from when they announce a video game for them and only like 10% into actual research or watching anime myself although I do like Fullmetal alchemist but only because when I saw it for the first time I could relate to him because I was REALLY short (I mean I was in high school and people confused me with 2nd grader) and everybody laughed at me for it and I got mad and attacked people like a rabid racoon strangely enough just 2 and a half years later I'm tall now which I really find odd.

shini

Jan 23, 2010
I suppose I could pick Bleach because I actually bothered to watch it? I can't say I "like" it though.

Agayek

Ravenous Gormandizer
Oct 23, 2008
Bleach was good until the Bounto arc. Then it just got dumb. Entirely too much filler and it's just not that interesting.

Naruto was good until the end of the first series (the real series, not the 150+ episodes of filler). Now it's just terrible. It suffers from what I like to call "Dragonball Z syndrome" (though not quite as bad as that just yet), where the "average" level of strength is ridiculously high and it just keeps getting higher. Plus, they really shoulda renamed Shippuuden to "Sasuke", because that's who the story is about now.

One Piece is just meh. There's nothing about it I find interesting.

I would say either Trigun or Tengen Toppa Gurren-Lagann are my favorite animes though. Trigun because it's Trigun, and TTGL because it gets so ludicrously over the top that the entire series is one Crowning Moment of Awesome.

Nazulu

They will not take our Fluids
Jun 5, 2008
Legendsmith said:
Those are the big 3?
Yeah I was disappointed as well but they are no doubt over-hyped and extremely popular.

Anomynous 167

May 6, 2008
Naruto Shippuuden: Made the HORRIBLE mistake of listenning to the fan base and stopped making filler arcs, causing viewer pains as bad as the Namek Saga.
Bleach: Watched a few episodes, liked it, never got into it.
One Peace: Had an annoyin openning that made me give up on it.