Poll: Which of these should be canceled

Tiger Sora

Aug 23, 2008
Going off the shows I've seen, which is the first four. I'm going to have to vote against The Office (US). I've seen like five episodes and found the humor to be lacking and dry. Two and a Half Men I'd vote off is Sheen was still there.

The 5th I don't know.

Benny Blanco

Jan 23, 2008
CODE-D said:
I tried Terra Nova, Grimm and Walkin Dead(ITS ABOUT CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT/DRAMA not about zombies!! I hear people say but the zombies are the only thing interesting about its cliche story) but these hour long shows move slowly/are predictable and im findin myself bored with them and wont be watchin them any further
but im glad Chuck and Eureka Are gonna get to end well unlike Heroes.

Also House should end, it had its run. Simpsons and cleveland show should stop and new allen gregory show sucks.
OK, I agree about the Cleveland Show and House.

The Simpsons will run and run and it frankly deserves to.

The Walking Dead isn't about zombies exactly, although it is set in a zombie apocalypse. Although the show does make some departures from the graphic novel series, (such as the CDC plotline) the overarching point is that WE are the real monsters.

If they introduce the Governor character/plotline, this will be a little more evident, but I don't want to spoil that for you. Either get the compendium edition or wait out the series.

goldberg2 said:
Jadak said:
Radeonx said:
None of them.
I like all of them.
This, although I've only actually seen "The Office" a couple times and it usually slips by me, so I suppose that.
That's probably because it is America attempting to remake a British even though most Americans don't understand British comedy
Normally I'd agree but I actually preferred the American version. The British version is just cringe-inducing (mostly due to Ricky Gervais) and I don't like my comedy quite that bleak... Steve Carrell was an inspired casting choice.

CODE-D

Feb 6, 2011
Benny Blanco said:
CODE-D said:
I tried Terra Nova, Grimm and Walkin Dead(ITS ABOUT CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT/DRAMA not about zombies!! I hear people say but the zombies are the only thing interesting about its cliche story) but these hour long shows move slowly/are predictable and im findin myself bored with them and wont be watchin them any further

Also House should end, it had its run. Simpsons and cleveland show should stop and new allen gregory show sucks.

The Walking Dead isn't about zombies exactly, although it is set in a zombie apocalypse. Although the show does make some departures from the graphic novel series, (such as the CDC plotline) the overarching point is that WE are the real monsters.

If they introduce the Governor character/plotline, this will be a little more evident, but I don't want to spoil that for you. Either get the compendium edition or wait out the series.
Dont care, hate the characters along with disinterest of plot.
I dont need a show to be up its own ass with a metaphors.-you see the main characters are the real walking dead blah blah blah humans are evil.

I dont care. The most interesting to happen this season is Blanek killing blankis and that was just okay....

and even if its a good episode it still doesnt need to be a hour long along with long ass commercial breaks.
Id prefer them make zombieland a short fun series or cartoon.

aaaand simpsons need to be canceled or get a last episode or whatever caus eI keep watchin the new ones to see if theyre better but theyre arent

I heard there was an idea for a simpson network, all simpsons all the time and im for season 5-14 are the only ones I find good though.

Benny Blanco

Jan 23, 2008
CODE-D said:
Benny Blanco said:
CODE-D said:

I dont need a show to be up its own ass with a metaphors.-you see the main characters are the real walking dead blah blah blah humans are evil.

I dont care. The most interesting to happen this season is Blanek killing blankis and that was just okay....

and even if its a good episode it still doesnt need to be a hour long along with long ass commercial breaks.
So what you're saying is that your ideal zombie series is a 30 minute weekly show with no character development to speak of and no plot except "bunch of people kill zombies and make wisecracks"?

RaikuFA

Jun 12, 2009
megapenguinx said:
All of them minus Modern Family. I'm still bitter that Community got cancelled....
Not cancelled, shelved. it'll be back. hopefully sooner than you think if ratings go up and those letters get through to NBC.

CODE-D

Feb 6, 2011
Benny Blanco said:
CODE-D said:
Benny Blanco said:
CODE-D said:

So what you're saying is that your ideal zombie series is a 30 minute weekly show with no character development to speak of and no plot except "bunch of people kill zombies and make wisecracks"?
no, there can be humor(why does humor have to die), over arching plot(that gets discussed and focused on) and character development(that doesnt involve onscreen brooding an entire ep) but having character development as the main focus is pretty boring/lame-its just coming off as beating me over the head and that theres no actual plot(or at least one thats interesting).

Why all you walking dead fans diss Zombieland I dont know. The humor was more than "wisecracks", the characters were actually likeable(besides that little girl)which is more than I can say for the wd characters which all seem cliche and there was only one kill kill kill zombies moment and that was deserved and at the end and more epic than anything walking dead can do.

It can also be like Shaun of the Dead or even 28 days later, anything but walking dead.

If your trying to tell me that I should uphold Wd because it realistic and these characters have to adjust to/deal with a shitty world, well zombieland did that, did that better and did it faster-worlds shit, face it, get over it, lets have fun and make the most.

also, Ive already had this conversation so no more.

Project_Xii

Jul 5, 2009
Are you serious? You don't like ANY of those shows?

Ye gods, to be someone who derives such little joy from things in life. All I can say is I'm glad I'm not you.

Though, if i must pick one, like everyone else I think 2 and a Half men should have gone away along with Charlie Sheen.

Xmaspast

Sep 11, 2011
HIMYM is great, in my opinion.
Two and a Half Men stopped being funny as soon as Charlie Sheen Left.
The Office gets by on the nostalgia factor of when it was funny.

Big Bang Theory was okay at first when the nerdiness was kind of secondary. Now it's just in your face nerd jokes that arent' directed at nerds.
Biggest example of that is when my parents or grandparents watch it, people who don't have any idea what half the jokes mean or what they're either references to or alluding to. They're laughing BECAUSE they're nerds, not because they're being funny. It'd be like filming a show in The Castro and calling it "Laughin' At Queers!"

And I have actually not watched Modern Family at all so I really can't judge.

Jadak

Nov 4, 2008
goldberg2 said:
Jadak said:
Radeonx said:
None of them.
I like all of them.
This, although I've only actually seen "The Office" a couple times and it usually slips by me, so I suppose that.
That's probably because it is America attempting to remake a British even though most Americans don't understand British comedy
How does that have anything to do with what I said?

CulixCupric

Oct 20, 2011
CODE-D said:
(I) dont like any of these shows(this is not a debate).
All I want to know is which one the escapists hate most.
I just saw the big bang theory for the first time today, and i like it better than anything else on the list, but im a socially awkward physics nerd, so I AM FAIL.

OT: i think that 2 1/2 should go, if one of these did get canceled.

May 5, 2010
Giftfromme said:
To me these shows are aids and a cancer on TV.
OK, guys, can we please stop talking like this? It's not that you don't like those shows, that's fine. You're perfectly entitled to your opinion. But when you start using that kind of dramatic, ridiculously over-blown language, you make yourself kind of hard to take seriously. They're TV SHOWS. There is no situation where they can reasonably be compared to something like cancer or AIDS. I mean, for fucks sake. You sound like some nutjob trying to organize a mob to go "kill the beast".

Again, it's fine that you don't like them, but please, be classy about it.[footnote]I don't mean to single you out, this is just a big pet-peeve of mine that I see a lot around here.[/footnote]

Anyway....Out of those, Two and Half Men, no contest. I'll admit the show used to be kinda funny, but...For fuck's sake. It ran it's course a LONG time ago. "The Office" is probably one of my all-time favorites, which is why I want them to quit while they're ahead. But since they didn't do that, I suppose I'll take quitting while they're far behind instead. Big Bang Theory's alright (though not exactly my favorite show ever) and Modern Family is hilarious. I haven't really seen a lot of "How I Met Your Mother", so I can't judge.

But anyway, yeah...Two and Half Men. Obviously Two and a Half Men.

Dutchy115

Nov 7, 2011
Big Bang theory just isn't funny any more, so I went with that
HIMYM is the most amazing show currently airing, so don't even suggest such a thing
The Office took a huge blow by the loss of Steve Carrell, but I'd like to at least see how the series fairs before I move to cancellation, the episodes i've seen of it so far have been pretty consistently funny
Two and a Half Men is better now that Charlie Sheen's out of the picture, Ashton Kutcher's character is much funnier and more likeable, so as with the office I want to see where it goes before I judge it
Modern Family hasn't even finished its third season, so don't even dream of suggesting its cancellation, it's got a lot of screen-life left

Racecarlock

Jul 10, 2010
The office. Frankly, I've never been into workplace humor and don't plan on getting into it any time soon, because the jokes are way too banal and safe. I much prefer jimmy carr, Jeff Dunham, gabriel iglesias, micheal winslow, george lopez, and so on.

Charvale

May 17, 2008
Never seen modern family, so couldn't tell you.
I only saw a few episodes of How I Met Your Mother, and the first few times I could see it being okay (especially since it had my favorite actress from the Buffy/American Pie series) but after a while I started to really desire a root canal rather than watching the show.
Only saw Two and a Half Men when Sheen was on there, and stopped watching before Ashton Kutcher, so I'm not really able to say whether I like it or not, although I thought that when Sheen was in there the show was hilarious.
Big Bang Theory... two words... CANCEL NOW! I have seriously never found that show funny in the slightest, and actually felt every reason to just turn off the television... which I've done to the point where I don't watch anything on television anymore.
All of those pale in comparison to (in my opinion) as the worst show on television. The thing has no comedic value, absolutely no viable story, hardly any decent talent, and even less reason to bring that talent onto my screen. I am, of course, referencing The Office, and figure that the only reason why it's even on is because people are waiting for something better to come on and don't want to turn off the television for fear of losing track of time and missing the show they really want to see.

Mind you, this is my opinion, and if you have something different, then I'll respect it, but seriously I don't see why the last two shows I've mentioned are even still on the television at this time.

instantbenz

Pixel Pusher
Mar 25, 2009
To anyone watching all of these shows:

Stop wasting your time watching television. It is a terribly shitty timesuck.

One or two laughs ever few weeks and slightly less awkward silences with coworkers isn't worth your free time.

DanielBrown

Dangerzone!
Dec 3, 2010
All of them, please.
Though I think Big Bang Theory is the worst. I haven't seen a full episode of it, just glimpses when I was zapping, but it looked really... really awful.