Poll: Which Pokemon Gen did you start off with?

UnwishedGunz

Apr 24, 2009
For as far back as i can remember, the first Pokemon game i played was Pokemon Yellow Version. i still remember my fat little pikachu who followed me around everywhere who would suddenly vanish whenever i got on my bike.

Anyway, i wanted to know what generation of Pokemon you guys started off at, and what you remember most about it.

GodofDisaster

Premium member
Sep 10, 2009
I started of with the 1st Gen, playing Pokemon Blue and I've played all the other gens that came after it. And do you know something, I loved every single one of them including Pokemon Black, it kicks ass.

I remember getting my copy of Blue on Christmas day along with my first Gameboy colour, it was snowing that day but rather than go outside and play I stayed in and played Pokemon.

Smeggs

Oct 21, 2008
Silver version. 2nd Gen. Because somehow I hadn't even known a game for Pokemon existed then. Kinda glad I didn't, if I'd asked for the Gamboy I would have never gotten the GBC anytime soon. Though it hardly would have mattered, as I found out I was able to play Silver on an old Gameboy, just without color. After beating Silver a few times I got my hands on a copy of RED.

Played every single generation since.

Still hated 4th Gen, though. Never touching that shit again.

feeback06

Sep 14, 2010
I started with Pokemon blue way back when I was 10, I can still remember reading about it in Nintendo Power and being really excited about it.

Daget Sparrow

Oct 2, 2011
I got Silver Version for Christmas one year, and I shall never forget it. But by the time Black/White rolled around, the enthusiasm was gone...

EscapeGoat_v1legacy

Aug 20, 2008
The very first. Pokemon Red and a Game Boy Color were my first console and game, back for Christmas when I was 6 or 7, I think. I've played every Generation since then, and enjoyed almost all of them. The only exception was the 4th, with Platinum, but my love of the series was very quickly rekindled with the release of HeartGold and SoulSilver.

I guess what I remember most about the First Generation games is the time consumed by them. There was nary a moment of my childhood between my first getting the game and the release of the Second Generation where I wasn't playing it. It was the first videogame that I seriously put time and effort into. It was the first videogame to make me want to play it continuously, to make me want to beat it and to make me want to be proud of doing so.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
The first gen, but I kinda find it unplayable now due to the steady gameplay improvement the series has undergone.

DAT BOX SYSTEM

hopeneverdies

Oct 1, 2008
Onyx Oblivion said:
The first gen, but I kinda find it unplayable now due to the steady gameplay improvement the series has undergone.

DAT BOX SYSTEM
It's like you don't have to save when switching between boxes anymore!

OT: Gen I, when I was 5. I vague remember going to the BX and my parents buying Blue for my Gameboy Brick.

I played up through Gen 3. Although, my Ruby version disappeared, followed by my GBA SP with my Gold version inside it.

Shame.

DanielBrown

Dangerzone!
Dec 3, 2010
First, when I was eight years old or something. I didn't start with the games though, I started with the cards!

DJDarque

Words
Aug 24, 2009
I started with the first generation. Blue version to be more specific. The only generation I haven't played is Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald.

Auron225

Oct 26, 2009
First - Red version, when I went through the whole game with nothing but a Charizard and a Pidgeot that ate anything that looked at them funny X)

Ive played every gen since then.

EDIT: Just had to throw in there - as some others have said, Gen 5 kicks ass! Pokemon White... its just awesome.

ShadowsofHope

Outsider
Nov 1, 2009
From the very first Pokemon Pikachu Special Edition Gameboy Color/cartridge set that I got for the Christmas it came out on, and have a White version I still play to this day.

You could say I am a Pokemon veteran (although I stopped watching the show around Johto). I also started watching Digimon around the same time period, give a year or so roughly.

I collected the cards for both series, but neither of them lasted. I liked Digimon cards better though, for the art, despite having had a rare Charizard card I would never leave out of my sight for the better part of my elementary years..

iLazy

Aug 6, 2011
Pokemon Yellow! It was the most magical time! I've played every generation except Black/ White. Fav. though was XD on the Gamecube, only because I love my gamecube. So perfect.

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
The very first one, Pokemon Blue on the original Gameboy, or the grey brick.

And I've played every single one since then.

Kajt

Feb 20, 2009
I was first introduced to the series when my cousin bought Pokémon Blue, but I didn't get my own game until generation two (Silver, shortly followed by Red). I then stopped for several years at generation three and didn't buy any Pokémon games until maybe a year later or so when I bought one of the generation two remakes (Soul Silver).