Poll: Which sex do you play?

Skeleton Jelly

Nov 1, 2009
Male and I am a male.

I tried playing Fallout 3 and Mass Effect as a female, but it was just too weird. Plus, girls look weird in Fallout 3...

Woe Is You

Jul 5, 2008
Male characters if I can create one, female ones if they are premade.

If we had more fragile speedster types in the male category, I probably wouldn't be doing this that much.

Jinx_Dragon

Jan 19, 2009
My logic is simple:

For the next few hours, maybe even days, I'm going to be staring at this avatar. Hence I want it to be something I find pleasant to look at. For most cases this is the female form for me, cause lets face it, females are more attractive on average. That isn't to say I will mindlessly make a female though, there are many cases where males are yummier then their female counter-parts.

Phoenixlight

Aug 24, 2008
Really? To me it seems it shouldn't matter whether I know what gender someone is because it wouldn't (or at least shouldn't) affect how I react to them.
In most of these threads, you have no idea what anyones gender is, how is that any different than on an MMO.
It's just better if people are honest and don't try and deceive other players, paedophiles do this kind of thing it just shouldn't happen.

Mar 9, 2009
When I play the Pokemon games I always play a girl. When I was like 11 and 13 I used to really enjoy playing as girls in games, and I was convinced that game was actually easier when you were playing as a girl. Now I don't really play games where they give you the choice anymore.

XoXoButterflyXoXo

Apr 14, 2010
It depends on the game for me, usaully in RPG games I like being female in some FPS games where you can choose an avatar person i usaully pick a boy.

snake116

Apr 14, 2010
genraly as a male unless im playing as a elf in witch case playing as a male is just wrong

Irony's Acolyte

Back from the Depths
Mar 9, 2010
I'm male and my main character is mainly male for RPG's because I like to put myself in the shoes of the character and so males are easier for me relate to. I'll usually play a female character or two mainly because they're usually easier to look at than the male characters. I don't have any problems playing as a female character if it's the only choice for a particular class (i.e. the Siren class in Borderlands).

Eremiel

Apr 24, 2008
I pretty much always play female characters. A male character for me is a rarity.

I'm male.

Arqus_Zed

Aug 12, 2009
I'm male, but I play female, because I'm a confused little boy.
:)

If I can be male, I will be male.
...Unless it's my second playthrough of Mass Effect and I really wanna know what all the fuss is about.

Lisolet

Mar 27, 2010
I'm female and if given a choice I'll always play female. I don't mind it when there's no option but male. But I like being female and it's easier for me to get lost in the character when female.

SextusMaximus

Nightingale Assassin
May 20, 2009
LOTS OF IT

Oh! Gender, it's usually Male, but after I complete a game I like to reverse my choices as much as possible (Evil->Good, Male->Female, etc.).

Zetero

Apr 11, 2010
Depends on the game. Played skate as a male, but after a few hours changed it into female. Made the game much more interesting...

imaloony

Nov 19, 2009
My first playthough is generally with a male, then I go through with a female or two, and if the game hasn't bored me to tears yet, I'll do another male playthough.

Although quite honestly, the only games that have merited that many playthroughs so far are Fallout 3 and Mass Effect.

Serioli

Mar 26, 2010
I'm male and I tend to play male on my first time through, I tend to play female on my second time through to see if it's much different with the NPC's.

If there's a good/evil system I flip a coin now. (It used to be that my guys were always good and my women were always evil and the 'change two variables at once' thing made me miss some of the m/f differences)

Darkenwrath

Apr 12, 2010
Depends on the game, on MMO's like guildwars I mostly play female, though I'm male, on games like mass effect I play male characters. I don't actually know why...