Poll: Which Spider-Man movie series do you prefer?

The Enquirer

Apr 10, 2013
Do you prefer the original movies or the more recent amazing spider-man movie (soon to be movies)?

For me I prefer the older ones. I found Toby's version of the character much easier to relate to and I found the villains, any of them really, to be more of a threat than our lovable giant lizard from the amazing spider-man. He wasn't really a threat, just a potential threat. I also felt Toby looked more the part of Peter Parker too.

So what's your opinion of the whole thing? This can take into account anything from acting to story to the portrayal of scenery.

DefunctTheory

Not So Defunct Now
Mar 30, 2010
Neither. Spider-Man has been a horrendously mismanaged movie franchise.

Capthca: butler did it?

Juste Goose

Aug 1, 2013
Where's the option for Italian Spiderman?

But seriously, I don't really like either film franchise. Someday, I'll win the lottery and make my own Spiderman movie. It will star someone who's actually a nerdy 17-year-old instead of a 20-something dreamboat in glasses. And the villains will look the way they do in the comics. It'll be great. In theaters this summer. Pre-order at gamestop. 0% APR. Like us on Facebook.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
The right answer is "Tobey Maguire", if only because the reboot is hideous, but I never liked Tobey's movies to begin with. I think he's a horrid actor. And the movies themselves are kinda cheesy.

somonels

Oct 12, 2010
the 90s cartoon.
cat lady.
i was young, we had no cable or internet or lad's mags.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Juste Goose said:
Where's the option for Italian Spiderman?
I approve this message.

http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk139/Boardwise/Gif/Reaction_ItalianSpiderman.gif

Clearly, as demonstrated above, Italian Spiderman is better.

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
The Sam Raimi series (Tobey Maguire-led) had two great movies and one decent one. The Amazing Spider-Man was awful. So, Raimi's series easily wins, because I'd actually watch all three movies from it again, and I doubt I'll ever see The Amazing Spider-Man again.

With that said, I do have hopes for The Amazing Spider-Man's sequel. Hopefully everyone learned from the first film and will fix its issues.

hermes

Mar 2, 2009
Isn't it a little early to pass judgement on a series of movies when one of them isn't even a series yet?
Johnny Novgorod said:
The right answer is "Tobey Maguire", if only because the reboot is hideous, but I never liked Tobey's movies to begin with. I think he's a horrid actor. And the movies themselves are kinda cheesy.
Yeah, I have a similar opinion. I do like the first one (at least, half of it) but I don't really care about the second one.

However, they pale in comparison with the Garfield movie. It is, by far, worst than any of the Maguire's Spiderman movies (except the 3rd one).

A BigCup of Tea

Nov 19, 2009
I prefer the new movie to the old ones, but that may be because i'm not really that into the lore and such but i found his witty attitude to be better than tobeys (and i may be a bit of a marvel film fanboy as i don't really think they've made a bad film)

UsefulPlayer 1

Feb 22, 2008
Toby.

Spider-Man captured my imagination but Spider-man 2 was the booooooomb.
I just wished Toby Maguire kept the mask on all the time.

Could have been the perfect trilogy if the 3rd movie had been good.

irmasterlol

Apr 11, 2012
The Rami films were, in order, pretty good, fucking amazing, and not THAT bad.

The Marc Webb one was a boring disaster.

I think the answer is obvious.

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
Well, its a bit of an unfair comparison with it just being one movie to three (and that one movie being worse than the 'worst' movie of the three int he other series), so I'm going to say the Maguire series. Neither is exceptionally great as a spiderman interpretation, but maguire's just feels more like spiderman.

WhiteFangofWhoa

Jan 11, 2008
somonels said:
the 90s cartoon.
cat lady.
i was young, we had no cable or internet or lad's mags.
^ This. Spectacular Spiderman looks like an improved version ironing out all the flaws in 90s Spidey but it didn't come out in my time so I can't say for sure.

Less than 2 minutes and already more badass than in Spider Man 3.
And yes I'm aware that fall off the church probably would not have killed Shocker. Crippled, but not killed.

Foolery

No.
Jun 5, 2013
I'm also in the neither crowd. Even the Ultimate Spider-Man animated series is better. My preference would the 90's cartoon though.

Fireaxe

Sep 30, 2013
Dead Century said:
I'm also in the neither crowd. Even the Ultimate Spider-Man animated series is better. My preference would the 90's cartoon though.
This this and this. 90s cartoon Spider-man was awesome!