Poll: Which Thu'um would you pick?

Bvenged

Sep 4, 2009
I'd go with 3 of them. Not because I'm greedy but because IRL we wouldn't have much of a cooldown, more physical exhaustion; and I think the first words are good enough, basically so you don't get arrested for blowing people into cars or setting houses on fire.

FUS would blow objects around and stagger people.

TIID would slow things down for a few seconds, if that's not long enough I'd shout again until I'm exhausted.

ZUL would trick people into thinking I was somewhere else briefly, helping me get out of awkward situations or could even be used to save my life in a rare event.

Versuvius

Apr 30, 2008
I believe, since i spend much of my day shouting this at people i know and one old lady i don't know who got in my way, FUS RO DAH!

DarthVella

Oct 13, 2011
Two words for Clear Skies, and one for Storm Call. Surf's up, but it's raining? You don't want to get wet crossing the road? Fog? Clear skies. Hot day? You want an excuse to not get out of bed? Someone's being a real jackass and deserves a lightning bolt where the sun don't shine? Storm call.

The_Blue_Rider

Sep 4, 2009
I'd take three, but they would be the first level of Storm Call, the first level of Slow Time, and the first level of Become Ethereal.

Whats that, the lights going red? TIID!! Made it through.

Whats that, I drove off a cliff/involved in an accident? FEIM!! Im alright

Other drivers pissing me off? STRUN! Now theyre all dead.

Either that or being able to Call Odahviing, that would be badass as well

Alistar

Aug 20, 2010
My no. 1 choice would be fully upgraded slow time for the Matrix effect, you can concievably, hit slow time, light up your Hannibal from A-team style cigar , chop/nuke down your foe and say "I love it when a plan comes together!".

2) Oh Da Ving Call Dragon, seriously?! it's the medieval equivalent of an airstrike and distracts those pesky sniper archers.

3) Dragonrend- the ultimate weapon- the fate worse than death- "Oh my god I feel merely human! goodbye cruel world! I'm off to jump off the nearest high mountain like a confused peasant!".

Chase Yojimbo

The Samurai Sage
Sep 1, 2009
Tiid Klo Ul (Time Sand Eternity) would have to be my choice. To slow down time by 90% for 16 seconds with a cooldown of a minute? A lot can happen in 16 seconds that's worth it, such as... getting through traffic unhindered.

Fieldy409_v1legacy

Oct 9, 2008
Man. Imagine the money you could make with call storm.

'oh, your country is suffering a drought? pay me 10 million dollars and ill make it rain for a month!'

Since I dont really need the killer lightning part of call storm, 1 soul in that and 2 souls in time slow. Just for the fun of the ability to slow time.

K84

Feb 15, 2010
Actually, i'd choose Frost Breath, Become Ethereal and Slow Time.
And upgrade them to lvl.3 , i found a grey hair in my beard a while ago,
you know what THAT means.

Slow Time has my to be my favorite, it saved my ass waaaayy to many times. >,<

Jodah

Aug 2, 2008
Slow time most likely. Putting one point into whirlwind sprint is tempting though.

King of the Sandbox said:

Pretty much eliminates traffic issues as well. It's just so versatile.
Those poor ducklings! Sorry...I have a soft spot for small, helpless, animals.

Bvenged said:
I'd go with 3 of them. Not because I'm greedy but because IRL we wouldn't have much of a cooldown, more physical exhaustion; and I think the first words are good enough, basically so you don't get arrested for blowing people into cars or setting houses on fire.

FUS would blow objects around and stagger people.

TIID would slow things down for a few seconds, if that's not long enough I'd shout again until I'm exhausted.

ZUL would trick people into thinking I was somewhere else briefly, helping me get out of awkward situations or could even be used to save my life in a rare event.
You know, I've yet to figure out how to use throw voice. I've tried using it to distract while I sneak up to kill them but they just come right at me. Granted now I have invisibility and just roll around at full speed sneaking to stab people in the big toe.

Sprinal

Jan 27, 2010
Etherial Fully upgraded
Well lets just say I would enjoy being a master thief

Sonicron

Do the buttwalk!
Mar 11, 2009
I admit that, up to this point, I only know an embarassingly small number of shouts, but from the ones I do know I'd go for a fully upgraded Marked for Death. It's the ultimate threat - if I use it on someone, all I really need to do is lightly kick their shins to make them pop like a greasy zit.

everfreeDragon

Oct 28, 2009
If there are only three dragons left it means I've been slacking on culling the Blades. I would rather attempt negotiation with these dragon. If this is successful not only have I potentially increased the shouts I can learn to pretty much every shout in full these three know.
Then with all these shouts me and my new dragon friends will cull the Blades and the Thalmor.

Then on the more boring side, if it totally fails I'll honestly have to go for slow time and perhaps leave it at two words, third word would be fade because damn that should could be useful.

seraphy

Jan 2, 2011
If there really were only 3 dragons left. I would leave them alone. Perhaps try to get them to warm up to me.

Come on they are almost extinct. Killing them would be just wrong also evil.

omega 616

Elite Member
May 1, 2009
Sir Rammington Steel said:
Alright, so you're the dovahkiin. The only problem is that there are only three dragons left. So, how would you spend your well earned souls? Would you choose to unlock a full shout, or would you elect to have three shouts at their weakest form? For the sake of argument we will assume that there are no greybeards to impart their wisdom to you and that no amount of training will help you.

For me, I would go with a fully upgraded unrelenting force. Fus ro dah would simply create too many fun shenanigans. There are quite a few close seconds, but in my mind you just can't beat what is basically an awesome force push by means of shouting. So, how about you?

Edit: Let's say for the sake of making things a little more interesting this would be in real life. After all, we all know that there are an infinite number of dragons in Skyrim.
There are shouts to make you etheral, calm animals, throw your voice, make you "flash step" (as they would call it in anime), breathe fire or ice and there is one to sense life force, but you choose the "knock people back" shout? Really?

I would choose the fully upgraded valor shout, summons 1 of 3 warriors (with there own shout) to help you ... I would be tripling my shouts and have kick ass friends.