Poll: Who Among Us Uses Steam?

Catalyst6

Dapper Fellow
Apr 21, 2010
So, a story. I'm holding an open contest on my blog, and in an attempt to figure out what the hell I could offer as first prize I jumped on Steam. Now, Steam has a "gift" option, so I decided to award a cheap Steam game to whoever won.

However, I'm realizing that people may not actually use Steam, or really want to install it at all. Thus, a question out of curiosity: Do you use Steam? Or, failing at that, would you at least be willing to install it?

Thanks, my Escapist companions.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
if Im on the comp Im on steam

thenumberthirteen

Unlucky for some
Dec 19, 2007
Sure do. Now i have a big hard drive I can save space and money by downloading rather than buying retail (easier too) I just got Mass Effect for just over £3.

FunKing

May 17, 2010
i love steam, even use it to buy internet friends gifts for their birthdays...sure beats shipping it to them :)

ottenni

Aug 13, 2009
I got steam so that i could get TF2. And now the bloody thing wont let me escape. Curse it and its bargains!

dfcrackhead

Apr 14, 2009
FunKing said:
i love steam, even use it to buy internet friends gifts for their birthdays...sure beats shipping it to them :)
Wanna be friends? I'm dfcrackhead on steam and I'd really enjoy getting KOTOR :) lol

Billion Backs

Apr 20, 2010
I'm using Steam. Mostly for multiplayer games like TF2 and such... And for the awesome sales.
Got a couple of awesome games for 4.99 during the sales this week. Too bad my current computer is too shitty to run some =/

I really gotta get my old computer back, or build a new one.

RaphaelsRedemption

Eats With Her Mouth Full
May 3, 2010
Steam has been nothing but shit for me.

I sign up. Then I try to access my account. I cannot log on. Apparently, my password is wrong.

But it's ok, isn't it? I just change my password with the secret answer.

The system doesn't recognise my secret answer, and tells me each new password I try to put in is invalid.

I email Steam, explaining I don't want to just make another account because I am fearful it might just happen again. I mean, I never even got into my first account!

I receive an automated reply. They have received my email. Now, to get results, I just need to create another account, access Steam and then I can get my first account fixed...

Grrr. I really wanted Steam. I really, really want it to work. I really want those deals. But no, I am excluded.

Omikron009

May 22, 2009
I have steam and I'd like to get some games, but the computer I have it on is relatively new and my parents need some convincing. I have Portal and Bioshock (both of which I got for free), but I'd like much more.

Disaster Button

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2009
I don't know what I would do without steam.

I'm kinda mad at it for being a jerk right now. I bought Mass Effect in the sale and they went and ran out of keys so theres a bajiblion people wanting to play right now and they can't.

Canid117

Oct 6, 2009
It is an excellent service that does exactly what it is supposed to. And unlike Itunes you can use it on multiple computers.