Poll: Who Among Us Uses Steam?

Fenreil

Mar 14, 2010
Give me two more days for my new laptop to arrive and I can say yes. I already own TF2 and Mass Effect, just need a platform to put 'em on.

Tony2077

Dec 19, 2007
i use it but I'm poor and don't send money to PayPal all that often well once so far

ProfessorLayton

Elite Member
Nov 6, 2008
I use it all the time. I love it. It keeps a counter of your gameplay time, it keeps track of your friends easier than Xbox Live, and the sales are often too good to pass up. The chat system is great and joining your friends' games is easy. Steam is pretty much the best... and I swear, I am not an ad...

skywalkerlion

Jun 21, 2009
Yeah, cause I got like 20 games one time for 50 dollars.

Their sales are really, really nice, so I use it all the time if I ever wanna buy a PC game.

Last week I got BOTH Oblivion and Morrowind for $13.50.

EDIT: RATIO OF STEAM USERS:NON STEAM USERS----56:1.

Nice.

Assassin Xaero

Jul 23, 2008
Catalyst6 said:
So, a story. I'm holding an open contest on my blog, and in an attempt to figure out what the hell I could offer as first prize I jumped on Steam. Now, Steam has a "gift" option, so I decided to award a cheap Steam game to whoever won.

However, I'm realizing that people may not actually use Steam, or really want to install it at all. Thus, a question out of curiosity: Do you use Steam? Or, failing at that, would you at least be willing to install it?

Thanks, my Escapist companions.
Can I have your permission to hunt down the people that voted for "No, but I'd be willing to get it if I got free stuff."? Because, if that was really true, they would have already got it to get Portal when it was free. >_>

I currently have 64 games on there...

Commissar Sae

Nov 13, 2009
Steam and me have a love hate relationship. I love it but my wallet loathes it with a passion. Stupid sales and my impulse control issues...

Assassin Xaero

Jul 23, 2008
Disaster Button said:
I'm kinda mad at it for being a jerk right now. I bought Mass Effect in the sale and they went and ran out of keys so theres a bajiblion people wanting to play right now and they can't.
Wait... again? I've only heard of them running out of keys for Prey during the holiday sales (which I somehow got a copy of a few hours before they ran out).

Catalyst6

Dapper Fellow
Apr 21, 2010
Assassin Xaero said:
Can I have your permission to hunt down the people that voted for "No, but I'd be willing to get it if I got free stuff."? Because, if that was really true, they would have already got it to get Portal when it was free. >_>

Hey hey HEY! Those are my precious pageviewers you're talking about!

Kidding, of course. Although think of it this way: How would you have know that Portal was free if you didn't read about it on Steam? Hmmmmmm?

Assassin Xaero

Jul 23, 2008
Catalyst6 said:
Assassin Xaero said:

Hey hey HEY! Those are my precious pageviewers you're talking about!

Kidding, of course. Although think of it this way: How would you have know that Portal was free if you didn't read about it on Steam? Hmmmmmm?
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/100633-Steam-for-Mac-Sets-Portal-Free-UPDATED
*cough*
>_>

It was free for windows too, the title is a tad misleading.

Catalyst6

Dapper Fellow
Apr 21, 2010
Assassin Xaero said:
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/100633-Steam-for-Mac-Sets-Portal-Free-UPDATED
*cough*
>_>

Touche, worthy adversary.

Nalgas D. Lemur

Nov 20, 2009
FunKing said:
i love steam, even use it to buy internet friends gifts for their birthdays...sure beats shipping it to them :)
It's great for that, especially with all the ridiculous sales. I buy stuff for people when it's on sale if it's something really good that they "need" to play or I want more people to play multiplayer with. Sometimes stuff is on sale cheap enough that it ends up costing less than paying for shipping for a physical copy, much less the game itself.

Shim

Jun 20, 2010
Quite literally, I use it for Half-Life 2: Deathmatch..and Half-Life 2: Deathmatch only.

Assassin Xaero

Jul 23, 2008
Catalyst6 said:
Assassin Xaero said:
*cough*
>_>

Touche, worthy adversary.
Does that mean I win the free cheap game? ;)

Deofuta

Nov 10, 2009
I use steam, I find it very conveniant and sometimes the deals are just too good to pass up.