Poll: Who Among Us Uses Steam?

firedfns13

Jun 4, 2009
i used to use steam all the time but now I rarely play anything on it so I rarely use it.
I was also real big into mapping, though I never did make anything great.

Blimey

Nov 10, 2009
I use it quite rarely. The only reason I have an account is for Garry's Mod.

Wrann

Sep 22, 2009
I absolutely love steam all the cheap stuff and I really don't like having to put a disk in to play some PC games.

gabizou

Knight of the UAA
Sep 7, 2009
I've been using steam at my friends house and finally have been able to use steam on my mac :). Yes I am a mac person (actually its the government who purchases all our computers in teh house, my dad works for JPL). I like steam enough for the use of gaming without having to deal with developers etc, yet sometimes, I prefer a solution that wouldn't suck up the space on my hard drive like OnLive.

I must say though I do love steam for all that it's worth, yet I love my PS3 much more :-}. (I had the choice of xbox and ps3, i chose ps3 because it's a good blu-ray player and had free wifi and infamous along with killzone 2 :)

iFail69

Nov 17, 2009
steam starts up when my computer does.

and I'm pretty sure it's such an integral part that if I uninstalled it my PC would explode (then I couldn't play TF2 or L4D)

Jun 7, 2010
I used steam once to get garrysmod, which i tried to play not long ago and found every sound effect was horrible screeching noises, i tried to spawn Alyx who held two crossbows in one hand, was pink and had a wireframe head, spawned a pink buggy and drove into some water and then it died on me.

so yeah, fifteen pounds well spent.

Folio

Jun 11, 2010
Hm, I wonder if I have Steam...

Seriously though, I had it when I installed Portal. A few years later I heard of a thing called an Orange Box... A box of oranges? No, The Orange Box... hm *shrugs*.

Until I bought it and almost forgot what my Steam account password was.
Now it's bliss to have a webbrowser, facebook, messenger AND game manager/account all in one.

DazZ.

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2009
I love Steam.

You should join the Escapist Steam Group [http://steamcommunity.com/groups/Escapist].

But more importantly you should all join the Escapist TF2 Steam Group [http://steamcommunity.com/groups/EscapistTF2] as it's more active, tells you where the Escapist TF2 servers are and tells you when a game is happening on them.