Poll: Who Do You Think is the Best Sci-Fi Soldier?

Apprentice88

Jun 16, 2011
Blasphemy and Heresy abounds in this Thread, It must be Purged with divine fire in the name of the God Emperor.

milna64

May 6, 2009
Definitely Space Marines. By a million miles. It's not even a question. There is a story about a Space Marine (albeit in terminator armor) being STOOD ON by a warlord titan and surviving.

BoredDragon

Feb 9, 2011
I have to go with Prophet from Crysis because of the nano suit because he took on an entire alien army and came out alive... mostly.

btw for, for those of you choosing spartans, the following is not a troll statement but:

arbiter > master chief

Tuesday Night Fever

Jun 7, 2011
Vote: Other

United States Colonial Marines.

Why get into a fight on the ground when you can just nuke the site from orbit? Afterall, it's the only way to be sure.

That, and from what's in the Colonial Marine Technical Manual, they seem like the "space Marine" force that actually operates like an actual, competent, military during an actual war.

Shock and Awe

Winter is Coming
Sep 6, 2008
RevRaptor said:
Warhammer space marines will stomp all over everything on this list. They know no fear are completely fanatical 8 foot genetically engineered killing machines encased in the best armour known to man, seriously they are way tougher than tanks in the game. Every thing about them is ridiculously over the top.

We are talking about this:

vs this:

Now honestly if they were storming towards you
which one of these would make you crap your pants more :)
The Spartans wouldn't let you see them at all, therefore more deadly.

let's rock

Jun 15, 2011
Stormtroopers can't hit a single person at 15 yards, all but one of the spartans got killed in reach, I'm going to say combine soldiers, ther are strong enough to overwhelm all of earth's combined military forces in 7 hours.

EradiusLore

Jun 29, 2010
Reet72 said:
EradiusLore said:
no way you can compare any of the others to a space marine, they are walking tanks with the agility of an acrobat and guns bigger then the others on the list. your talking about 30,000 years of development (missing out the last 10,000 because no real development happens) thats a lot longer then anything else really, i guess you could argue stormtroopers but at the end of the day they are just crack soldiers
How could you argue that stormtroopers are better? Would the space marines get so bored of gunning the millions of them down with ease that they died of pure exhaustion?
hmmm maybe i just imagined the first part of my post but didnt i say space marine?

darthotaku

Aug 20, 2010
obviously the Adepta Sororitas. all the power armor and bolters of the space marines, but carried by hot, religious psychopathic chicks. yeah, they can purge my heretic any day

Foxblade618

Apr 27, 2011
deshorty said:
The best sci-fi soldier (singular) is Shepard. But for groups of soldiers... definitely Spartans.
Well since you brought up Shepard as a singular, I throw my hat in the ring for the SPECTREs. I mean look what Saren and Shepard were capable of. Imagine all SPECTREs together, Spartans wouldn't stand a chance, I mean, look what happened to Reach...yikes.

GroundWalker

Jun 3, 2011
let said:
Stormtroopers can't hit a single person at 15 yards, all but one of the spartans got killed in reach, I'm going to say combine soldiers, ther are strong enough to overwhelm all of earth's combined military forces in 7 hours.
Not all spartans were killed. ;)

OT: Definately Space Marines.
Space Marines have terminators...and Dreadnaughts...did anyone mention Titans?...'nuff said.
To be honest, Space Marines would probably win both in hand-to-hand, as well as fully equiped.

Spartan448

Apr 2, 2011
I'd like to see the Imperium Army take on the Cheif, but that's just my theory. Cheif's not really that great either. I'm going with the Star Trek Redshirt.

Okay, you got me. My REAL choice is the guys from Dust 514.

Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gw0gOjOWDuI

RevRaptor

Mar 10, 2010
Shock and Awe said:
RevRaptor said:
Warhammer space marines will stomp all over everything on this list. They know no fear are completely fanatical 8 foot genetically engineered killing machines encased in the best armour known to man, seriously they are way tougher than tanks in the game. Every thing about them is ridiculously over the top.
[snip]
The Spartans wouldn't let you see them at all, therefore more deadly.
Really?
A typical imperial space marine has to spend decades as a scout sneaking around behind enemy lines and acting as spotters before they get to be full fledged marines and marine armour has powerful sensors built right into it, their eyes are more keen that an eagles and they have super acute hearing. not to mention the powerful psychic abilities of the librarians they would see the spartans coming a mile off.
Space marines are actually described in cannon being very stealthy when they need to be and lightning fast. Pretty much doing everything several time faster than humans, including thinking. :)

Laser Priest

A Magpie Among Crows
Mar 24, 2011
The Stormtroopers are personally my favourite, as they're the few that seem at least slightly like actual people.

But they're useless, and between all of these in a fight, I think the Spartans would win with their being super-soldiers and all.

RaNDM G

Apr 28, 2009
Every space marine listed is essentially cannon-fodder in the stories they come from. I gotta go with the Mobile Infantry since they at least have personality to them.

Spartans? There's only about twenty of them left alive in the Halo Universe. Too few to make an impact.

Stormtroopers? They've got personality, but the fact that they couldn't prevent a farm boy, a smuggler, a Wookie, an old Jedi, and a princess from escaping the Death Star, the most technologically advanced and highly guarded fortress in the Empire's control, is a testament to the Empire's low recruitment standards.

Terran Marines? Cannon-fodder.

Warhammer 40K Marines? Fascist, racist brutes with guns. Plus they rely way too much on magic for me to really care about them.

Mobile Infantry? They've got the numbers, firepower, and skill to stand up to hordes of alien bugs, and they've got the dark sense of humor to get them through each mission. Starship Troopers win.

ChupathingyX

Jun 8, 2010
RaNDM G said:
Mobile Infantry? They've got the numbers, firepower, and skill to stand up to hordes of alien bugs, and they've got the dark sense of humor to get them through each mission. Starship Troopers win.
And the Imperium of Man don't?

You do realise that they have so many numbers that the Imperium's government can't even keep count.

Firepower, the most basic weapon the Adeptus Astartes use is practically a fully automatic rocket launcher.

Skill, do you realise how long it takes for someone to go from being a normal human to being a Space Marine? Not to mention the amount of organ implants they are givent to buff them up to 11.

You'd be surprised at the amount of characters in the 40K universe that have a sense of humour, mostly the Imperial Guard. Merrick in DoW II: Retribution is a good example.

Oh and Space Marines aren't racist, they're just extremely xenophobic, and you would be too if you were being constantly attacked by space elves, orcs and dinosaur bugs.