Poll: Who Do You Think is the Best Sci-Fi Soldier?

Thespian

Sep 11, 2010
Ahem. It's the one described below.

Yeah, the funny part was I knew all of that before I read this comic.

Deadyawn

Jan 25, 2011
If it was a one on one fight to the death with nothing but a crowbar for each combatant, then only one man could possibly be the ultimate winner...Peter Molyneux. Just look at how badly he mutilated fable with his BARE DAMN HANDS.

EDIT: Wait I just thought of something. Saiyans! I don't care how big and tough your stupid space marines are, it's pretty hard to argue with an army of entities that alone can blow up entire planets just by pointing at them. Man, Dragonball Z just has the most overpowered characters ever. So yeah I think I win.

Deadyawn

Jan 25, 2011
EradiusLore said:
no way you can compare any of the others to a space marine, they are walking tanks with the agility of an acrobat and guns bigger then the others on the list. your talking about 30,000 years of development (missing out the last 10,000 because no real development happens) thats a lot longer then anything else really, i guess you could argue stormtroopers but at the end of the day they are just crack soldiers
How could you argue that stormtroopers are better? Would the space marines get so bored of gunning the millions of them down with ease that they died of pure exhaustion?

Gaiseric

Sep 21, 2008
The Liberator clones in the Clone Republic books are awesome.

Death Commandos from Battletech.

....Dammit. All the sci-fi books I read and that's all I can come up with. I am disappoint.

edit: I feel like I'm at a disadvantage for knowing nothing about 40k and that I still haven't read Starship Troopers.

Gitty101

Jan 22, 2010
Aragatory said:
Commander Shepard, by himself.

And Shepard also starts with S and that means I don't have a low content post
Shepard is the ultimate Sci-Fi Soldier! He takes on enemies that threaten galaxies and still has time to do the nasty with blue alien women!

Shock and Awe

Winter is Coming
Sep 6, 2008
Gitty101 said:
Aragatory said:
Commander Shepard, by himself.

And Shepard also starts with S and that means I don't have a low content post
Shepard is the ultimate Sci-Fi Soldier! He takes on enemies that threaten galaxies and still has time to do the nasty with blue alien women!
I think its safe to say hes a pretty cool guy. He kicks ass and gets booty and doesn't afraid of anything.

Hagi

Apr 10, 2011
Space Marines. They have Cyclonic Torpedoes and Life-eater Virus Bombs. And they're more then zealous enough to use them when shit hits the fan.

ps. Please don't reply with Halo rings. Those aren't Spartan equipment.

RevRaptor

Mar 10, 2010
Warhammer space marines will stomp all over everything on this list. They know no fear are completely fanatical 8 foot genetically engineered killing machines encased in the best armour known to man, seriously they are way tougher than tanks in the game. Every thing about them is ridiculously over the top.

We are talking about this:

vs this:

Now honestly if they were storming towards you
which one of these would make you crap your pants more :)

WanderingFool

Apr 9, 2009
Even though I dont really have any idea what all intails Warhammer 40K, I still have to say the Space Marines.

Adecristo

May 20, 2010
You seriously ask if something is better than Space Marines?
This is blasphemy. Madness!

Rems

May 29, 2011
Sgt. Sykes said:
Marines from Space: Above and Beyond.

BTW what's wrong with Starship Troopers from the movie(s)? Who the frak would read that book nowadays?

Starship Troopers from the movie are comically poor. The Mobile Infantry from the books are a far greater fighting force. They are portrayed completely differently.

And just because a book is old or not widely know doesn't mean its crap. Always take the time to read the book behind a movie, its often far batter.

Toaster Hunter

Jun 10, 2009
Warhammer 40,000 Space Marines. Its hard to fight something that literally does not feel fear and has backup organs to replace damaged ones. Plus they use the bolters which are basically automatic RPG's. Though i am partial to the imperial Guard, the Space Marines are the toughest, hands down.

Zeema

The Furry Gamer
Jun 29, 2010
Shock and Awe said:
snip

i gotta say it man you made me do this

'I Can See your Halo' [imagine i sound like Beyonce for a sec when u read it out]

but personally i REALLY like the Helghast that look so badass

Blondi3

Sep 12, 2008
Rems said:
Sgt. Sykes said:
Marines from Space: Above and Beyond.

BTW what's wrong with Starship Troopers from the movie(s)? Who the frak would read that book nowadays?

Starship Troopers from the movie are comically poor. The Mobile Infantry from the books are a far greater fighting force. They are portrayed completely differently.

And just because a book is old or not widely know doesn't mean its crap. Always take the time to read the book behind a movie, its often far batter.
Heinlein is my favorite author of all time. If you're a sci fi fan and you HAVEN'T read his books, you need serious help.