Poll: Who else is a little depressed about the content loss?

Starbird

Sep 30, 2012
Res Plus said:
I liked Jim, he amused me! Don't really miss Bob's sneering and posturing or any of the SJW content Rath pumped out. Excited to see if the site can be re-balanced so it isn't a far left wing echo chamber.
Eh Bob could be a bit of a twerp online, but he knew his stuff movie/old tv series/comic wise which is why I tuned into him.

Fortunately he is still making good stuff on youtube. His new project sounds fantastic.

Starbird

Sep 30, 2012
Res Plus said:
Starbird said:
Res Plus said:
I liked Jim, he amused me! Don't really miss Bob's sneering and posturing or any of the SJW content Rath pumped out. Excited to see if the site can be re-balanced so it isn't a far left wing echo chamber.
Eh Bob could be a bit of a twerp online, but he knew his stuff movie/old tv series/comic wise which is why I tuned into him.

Fortunately he is still making good stuff on youtube. His new project sounds fantastic.
Just found the politics a huge turn off personally, everything seemed to be seen through the lens of a certain type of political moralising. However, credit where it's due, he did have an extremely impressive level of knowledge as you say.
Mm. I never really found it a barrier. He did soapbox sometimes, but at least it was interesting to listen to even if I didn't agree with half of it. He also seemed to be very easily baited online into saying stupid and offensive things (which I absolutely sympathize with).

On the other hand Jim...seemed like a gigantic jerk (reminded me of TotalBiscuit towards the end of his WoW show/start of his SC2 casting). Gigantic ego, not all that much interesting to say.

So yeah, different strokes and all that. Regardless of my feelings, the Escapist feels amazingly empty without them.

SquidSponge

Apr 29, 2013
Depressed? Hells naw, I'm fucking ecstatic. No option for that on yer poll though. I finally get to end my boycott of the Escapist without feeling guilty.

ZP is still here, I was always polarised love/hate (averaging to ambivalence overall) about Jimquisition and purging that detestable little scrote Chipman was a great day for the site (and possibly even for Chipman himself - having an ego that size isn't healthy). Not too torn up about EC disappearing either. So the revised ethics policy is in place, the (overwhelming majority of the), ahem, "less savoury elements" are gone and there's new stuff on the way too? Sounds good to me.

Perhaps now the site's staff will be able to stop whining about the misogyny under the bed for long enough to talk about some gods-damned video games. Provided as Brandon Morse keeps those views to himself during his tenure here, of course.

Res Plus said:
Left-wing is rarely the problem people have with SJWs, it's authoritarianism. For example myself - I'm extreme left-wing but I don't like SJWs telling me what I or anyone else can or cannot think, say, do or partake in. Like getting GTA5 pulled from Target (Aus), or attempting to have Hatred dropped from Steam Greenlight. Traditionally it's been the right-wing who try to get things banned, that doesn't mean I'll tolerate the left-wing doing it either [Insert Voltaire quote here].

But yeah, a bit of balance from some right-wingers would not be unwelcome. Mostly writers/vloggers/whatever just need to assess if and when politics should come into a discussion about video games - it is very occasionally relevent, but not often.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
I'm more depressed by the blooming plethora of joke threads asking if I would date this or that.