Poll: Who here prefers Video Games to Sex?

Sleepy Sol

Feb 15, 2011
I can't say I've ever had sex, so I'm sure the answer is obvious. Get back to me in a few years and maybe I'll change my tune.

Icehearted

Jul 14, 2009
Sex, but only because if I have to choose that one usually wins out. It's not hard to have both as long as the person your with is nice or has a good attitude. Bonus if the person you are with is into games too, because there's nothing like spending a quiet afternoon feeling good and playing games or watching movies together.

Funny, when I'm having sex I sometimes think about games, and when I'm playing games I sometimes think about sex. It's like my brain is fighting with itself because it wants both and can't get enough of either.

ShakyFiend said:
i'm pretty sure i'v had what is (or pretty close to at any rate) the best sex i'm ever going to have.
That sounds kind of grim, bub. If there's one thing I've learned at my old age it's that people can surprise you and you can feel things with only one person you may never feel with another. I can't tell you your future, but I can tell you that with great sex, or event eh best sex, it can still always find a way to get better if you let it. At least that's been my experience.

IamLEAM1983

Neloth's got swag.
Aug 22, 2011
Sex wins, because there's a lot of fun stuff that precedes and follows it. I'm the weird sort of guy who values his preliminaries, when the norm in terms of depiction of male arousal is more along the lines of:

1. Get your freak on
2. Find proper socket
3. Interface
4. Packet exchange
5. *SNORE*

I tend to prefer to enjoy things beforehand, maybe so I'm all primed and ready for it when an opportunity for sex does arise.

Video games, in comparison, don't quite tickle the same pleasure centers. My higher brain loves gaming, my Caveman Og side would rather I spent my time dating Rosie Palms. Caveman Og usually wins by default. That's something that no super-hyped and super-hot new release could possibly equal.

gazumped

Dec 1, 2010
The_Scrivener said:
lisadagz said:
That's right, sex is arguably more important to me than living, let alone computer games.
What a trooper.
I WILL DIE FOR THE CAUSE okay it was a bit dramatic. :p But yeah, still, pretty important.

Divine Miss Bee

Feb 16, 2010
as of this post, 79 escapists have never had great sex. my sympathies.

i love games, a lot. gaming is the only hobby i've kept up for over 15 years. but i still pick sex every time.

Saraswati

Apr 6, 2010
It's actually a really difficult question, and as many have said the answer may vary from time to time. I would however probably go with games, in preference, but stated as an ultimatum I would have to think long and hard.

On the subject, I think my girlfriend would answer the same as me. We have been living together for almost a year now, and we still spend most of our time together watching movies and series and playing games, and talking a lot of course. To be honest, we rarely have sex, partly because we're both too lazy and addicted to gaming but also because we're so stressed out from life in general that our sex drive is way low at the moment. The perfect relationship! X)

Grey_Focks

Jan 12, 2010
Eh, if the lady in question wants sex, and I'm currently playing video games, I know which I'd choose.....9 times out of 10.
Casual sex aside, if I was in a relationship and she asked me to give up video games, I'd do what an actual adult would do, and talk it the fuck out, and figure out why she wants me to give up my favorite hobby. Someone who would needlessly give me an ultimatum isn't someone I want to spend the rest of my life with.

Also, nobody can get pregnant from video games. So video games.

Olas

Hello!
Dec 24, 2011
Divine Miss Bee said:
as of this post, 79 escapists have never had great sex. my sympathies.
Or maybe 115 have never played a truly great game.

Personally I find it hard to compare them because it's mental stimulation vs physical, however I can play games for hours, enjoy talking about games, have an account to a website centered around games, spend money on games, and I call myself a gamer, not a sexer.

Iyon

Recovering Lurker
May 16, 2012
If I had to choose between sex and a video game at any given moment, I'd choose sex.

Though if I had to give one of them up for the rest of my life, I'd give up sex before video games.

disgruntledgamer

Mar 6, 2012
lisadagz said:
I think in general I have a higher libido than my boyfriends, though.
Yeah that's what I'd ask a genie if he came down. "Can I have a GF with unlimited sex drive?"

lisadagz said:
My current one just plain isn't physically able to have as much of it as I'd like, but we have a relationship where we'll pay attention to each other all the time when we're together (i.e. actually do stuff together) so I don't mind.
What do you mean by isn't physically able, he's got a tongue doesn't he? Even if I was in a wheelchair I'd still be able to whenever you wanted. You sure he's just not being selfish?

I don't know maybe it's just because I eat a lot of pineapple.

lisadagz said:
As opposed to my previous boyfriends who'd invite me to their house, then stick a DS in my hand to keep me occupied while they went about playing their own game or reading stuff on the internet or something else that didn't involve - god forbid - actual interaction with me... /passiveaggressivegrumble
Yeah someone should inform them they're doing it backwards. You put the DS in your hand after they finished with you, actually scratch that if they're doing it right you would be asleep you wouldn't need a DS.

JagermanXcell

Oct 1, 2012
I'm kind of young 18 to be exact, so I don't plan on having sex anytime soon. Plus I don't really wanna compare it to games.
But boy, when I find the girl of my dreams who so happens to like playing video games...
8 HRS OF BOTH AT THE SAME TIME! HOW MUCH INTERACTIVITY CAN YOU ASK FOR!!!

AlexWinter

Jun 24, 2009
I can't decide! D:

On one hand the best sex I've ever had was better than the best game I've ever played.

On the other hand when I game I only have to think about my own enjoyment.

Then again if someone gave me the option of games or sex then I'd choose sex.

Although I think I prefer games to sex.... No, I dunno.

OK, there is no game that can compare to sex, but still sometimes I'd rather be lazy and game. But if I had to choose between staying in and gaming and going out and having sex, it'd be sex. I can game any time.

So, both? I enjoy them equally in moderation.

AlexWinter

Jun 24, 2009
disgruntledgamer said:
Can't this continue over pm? It's getting pretty intense :L and generally, buddy, my GF has a much higher libido than I do, and it's a pain in the backside. Think about how you're going to make her feel when you say you don't want to because you can't keep up with her. Just, trust me it's not at all as good as it sounds. *looks over shoulder*

Signa

Noisy Lurker
Legacy
Jul 16, 2008
Country
USA
Games for sure. Sexual experiences while enjoyable, are hardly more than recreational drugs that the body produces. Games let me live other lives, learn and think, feel the euphoria of adventure and the grimness of defeat. It's like comparing a delicious candy bar to a 5-course meal. One gets me kicks, while the other satisfies me in every way possible.

Lunar Shadow

Dec 9, 2008
Sex. The feedback is much better. Love the little noises my GF makes when I am pushing her buttons just right :3 Not to mention the post-coital snuggle.

ZZoMBiE13

Ate My Neighbors
Oct 10, 2007
I came in here thinking I'd say "What are you nuts, sex rules!" and whatnot. But then I think how long it's been since I decided to share that activity with someone and how long it's been since I played a round of Halo 4.

I'm confused.