Poll: Who IS buying the Xbox One?

Broax

May 17, 2010
Hi everyone! So... Everyone seems to hate everything about the xbox one so far (myself included) and there are a lot of posts around the forum of people who will NOT buy the next xbox. But MS expects to make SOME money so... Aside from MS employees is there anyone here who is considering buying an xbox? Any one is going to preorder it? More important... Is anyone excited about it? If so please tell me what's making you so interested.

This isn't supposed to be a flame trap... I'm just really curious. I've got such a bad opinion about it I'm curious if there is ANYONE who doesn't care about DRM, used games policy, lack of developer support (specially independent developers) and a general lack of focus on gaming. Or maybe you just think my opinions are skewed...

VERY IMPORTANT: If you don't mind, please add your nationality (only because I really don't think most of it's features will work outside its major markets like US/UK and I want to see if that bothers you).

9thRequiem

Sep 21, 2010
I am. At least 1, possibly 2.
From the UK.

And yes, I do have very good reasons for picking this over the PS4. It's not just blind loyalty - it's legitimately the better choice for me.

Tradias

Jun 12, 2013
I don't know if I count. Personally, I'm waiting for someone to tear open the case and find a way to shut off that damn mic/camera and still have it work. If it can be done safely, I'll purchase it for some of the titles.

mohit9206

Oct 13, 2012
9thRequiem said:
From the UK.

And yes, I do have very good reasons for picking this over the PS4. It's not just blind loyalty - it's legitimately the better choice for me.
How is it a better choice unless you are really into TV stuff. For TV xbox is better but for gaming PS4 is better.

9thRequiem

Sep 21, 2010
mohit9206 said:
9thRequiem said:
From the UK.

How is it a better choice unless you are really into TV stuff. For TV xbox is better but for gaming PS4 is better.
1 - You don't need the disc to play games. This means that a) I can be lazy (Woo!), and b) I can store my games elsewhere (Space in that room is a premium)
2 -
Xbox One will enable new forms of access for families. Up to ten members of your family can log in and play from your shared games library on any Xbox One. Just like today, a family member can play your copy of Forza Motorsport at a friend?s house. Only now, they will see not just Forza, but all of your shared games. You can always play your games, and any one of your family members can be playing from your shared library at a given time.
This. I'll no longer need two copies of games in order for the two of us to play at once. Plus, hopefully they may not look too closely at who is actually your Family, so I can add friends to the list and play their games.

piinyouri

Mar 18, 2012
I'm glad you're making the choice that's right for you.
: )

You should prepare for a LOT of of people forcing their opinion on you though.
I mean yikes, this is gonna be messy.

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
I probably will get one further into next-gen, but as it stands, definitely picking up the PS4 before it.

Definitely not pre-ordering it.

And I'm from the UK, by the way.

Oniontears

Jun 12, 2013
Hehehehe, no. Australian.

It sounds dodgy! Kinect never turns off? Guh. I'm happy with my Xbox. If I'm going to be upgrading anything next year it'll be my PC.

9thRequiem

Sep 21, 2010
piinyouri said:
I'm glad you're making the choice that's right for you.
: )

You should prepare for a LOT of of people forcing their opinion on you though.
I mean yikes, this is gonna be messy.

Hehe, thanks :)
Mostly it's been fine though. My friends are in the same position as me, and I'm fine with people on the internet mocking my choice if they want to.

Oniontears said:

It sounds dodgy! Kinect never turns off? Guh. I'm happy with my Xbox. If I'm going to be upgrading anything next year it'll be my PC.
Kinect does turn off. They've mentioned how to do it, plus you could just stick it down the back where it couldn't detect anything anyway.

Oniontears

Jun 12, 2013
Oniontears said:

Kinect does turn off. They've mentioned how to do it, plus you could just stick it down the back where it couldn't detect anything anyway.[/quote]

Makes me feel better for the people who are buying it! :p

I shudder to think what the Aussie cost is gonna be like :(

Genocidicles

Sep 13, 2012
I'm not getting one until they make Kinect optional and I can go offline for as long as I want with it.

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
9thRequiem said:
From the UK.

As a fan of sport games, Modern Military Shooters, The Mass Effect 3 ending, and a defender of "Project Ten dollar", I just want to say good luck. Ze Escapist, she can be a cruel mistress if you disagree with the mass opinion...

I may hate the Xbox One with about every fiber of my being but as someone who is on the defense a lot for their views, be prepared for the constant cheap shots and ridicule. If it helps, I have decided that I'm going to stop calling the Xbox One the "Xbone" since I'm aware of how annoying it gets to hear "Sport gamers are dumb; it's the same game every year derp a derp!" and "Spunglegargleweewee LOLOLOLOL" bullshit :)

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
You mean that 500 dollar electronic ankle bracelet?!

I'd rather get the 400 hundred dollar kind, thank you very much!

9thRequiem

Sep 21, 2010
tippy2k2 said:
9thRequiem said:
From the UK.

As a fan of sport games, Modern Military Shooters, The Mass Effect 3 ending, and a defender of "Project Ten dollar", I just want to say good luck. Ze Escapist, she can be a cruel mistress if you disagree with the mass opinion...

I may hate the Xbox One with about every fiber of my being but as someone who is on the defense a lot for their views, be prepared for the constant cheap shots and ridicule. If it helps, I have decided that I'm going to stop calling the Xbox One the "Xbone" since I'm aware of how annoying it gets to hear "Sport gamers are dumb; it's the same game every year derp a derp!" and "Spunglegargleweewee LOLOLOLOL" bullshit :)
I can't speak for anyone else who likes the system (But from the poll, there aren't any, so ... ), but I'm fine with it being known as "Xbone", considering I've seen it called the "Satan-box" by someone who seemed to be using the term seriously...

Soxafloppin

Coxa no longer floppin'
Jun 22, 2009
Not me, I went on the Xbox360achievements website just to see what the general opinion as, while there was a lot of rage and fanboyism, the PS4 was beating it on polls by a fair margin..on an Xbox site. I was actually in shock.

Dark Knifer

May 12, 2009
Oniontears said:
Oniontears said:
I shudder to think what the Aussie cost is gonna be like :(
It's going to be $600 Australian PS4 about $550

Xbox is confirmed from retailers and microsoft and sony confirmed their price.

OT: No, I'm not getting an xbone.

Foolery

No.
Jun 5, 2013
Haha, I love the poll. One option. Anyway, not personally getting it but, I do have a friend who is considering it. For Halo 5.

Maximum Bert

Feb 3, 2013
No doubt some people will buy it a few features are actually pretty cool and a few games look good as well its just that its offset by huge downsides to it especially when compared to any of its competitors.

I just hope not enough buy it that Microsoft gets away with the shit they are pulling or even worse what they are doing is adopted as standard. This is the first console I have actually wanted to crash and burn thats how pissed off I am about it.

Reynaert

Jan 30, 2011
I'm not buying one, that's for sure. I've played all Playstations, except the PSP, up to this point. I'll probably get a PS4 eventually, not at launch though. I just stick with one console every generation and I choose the one that fits my gaming needs best. Microsoft is going to have a hard time trying to sell this box outside of the US.
I am from Belgium by the way.

Assassin Xaero

Jul 23, 2008
I'm not, at least not now. I'm against the online once every 24 hours nonsense (just wait until their servers go down and you can't play for that entire time). The used game DRM is annoying, too. But mostly, it would be a waste of money unless it gets really good games, and since I don't care for Halo, it probably won't. I only bought a 360 because it was a tax write off, and I've turned it on three times in the almost two years that I've owned it, and two of those times were when someone came over and wanted to play it. Pretty much every game I was interested in was on PC or PS3. Why would the XBone be any different?