Poll: Who IS buying the Xbox One?

neppakyo

Apr 3, 2011
TomWiley said:
Their supposed DRM isn't as restrictive as it once seemed, Kinect can be turned off and the ability to digitally share games with friends seems pretty neat.

Besides, it seems to have more exclusives than Sony's box. So yeah, might give it a chance if it gets enough interesting titles.
*ahem*

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!

You seem a bit naive. The xbone exclusives are not good at all. They are horrible. Ryse is a horrible, horrible God Of War knockoff, Killer Instinct is a shitty F2P game, where you have to buy characters. And anything that says xbone/PC is not an exclusive. Most people would chose the PC version over the xbone.

So, basically for exclusives you get a shitty halo and a shitty Gears of War. Sony has the better exclusives this launch, even though both systems are lacking in that, PS4 is by far better than the xbone.

EDIT: OT: I vote no. Im a member of the glorious PC master race, though stuff for the PS4 looks pretty good (The Order 1886)

Zenn3k

Feb 2, 2009
llagrok said:
Japan, and I'm getting the PS4.

An easy answer really, considering that the Xdone will have inferior titles and service.
Should be even easier considering the XBONE doesn't work in Japan.

Zenn3k

Feb 2, 2009
Christyr Belacqua said:
You know, it would have been nice to include a second option for 'No'. I was genuinely interested to see how many people said yes or no...
153 people voted "ME" in this poll, its been up for days. Also, this thread is 9 pages long, at 35 post per page....its gotten more replies than "ME" votes, which is pretty damn telling.

odanhammer

Oct 11, 2009
you know i can honestly say at one time or another i have been a fanboy to Nintendo .. back in the days of the SNES anyways.
But these days , i'm 30 , i have a kid , i'm married. I really pay attention to the value of video games and consoles. As i want to get the most i can for what little i can spend on games. Used games are an option when it comes down to buying a used game for 10 bucks VS buying it for 30 plus either new or via download. As my only other option would be to not purchase it as i can't afford , or worse pirate it , which is something i rarely do. Outside of there is no demo.

This new generation , god.... The posts not just here , but people i work with , people like my dad that doesn't even play video games, to hearing people on the street. Microsoft hasn't just said to its honest gamer base , fuck you , but also said you don't deserve any rights what so ever.
Anyone that buys an xbox one , should also start wearing a star on there arm , over clothes , the star being white with 5 points , on a black background. The Star should be at least 8 inches tall , and 10 inches wide. You need to wear this star at all times. Kinect will be watching you , as will others.

You think i'm joking at the level this stuff goes? Do you really want a company having a camera and audio equipment active 100% of the time its plugged in , that will sell info to 3rd parties?
This is a company that already with the 360 sells ad space to companies , even if you upgrade and pay for gold.

I had an xbox 360 , i sold it and everything with it , because of this control. I wish others would speak with wallets and voices as loud as possible... even if they don't .. i know i did.

And anyone that plans to purchase the xbox one , i will enjoy mocking. Cause you'd have to be a bloody idiot.

Aesir23

Jul 2, 2009
I'm only getting the PS4. It's the check once every 24 hours that is the main thing driving me away as well as all that crap regarding sharing games.

Of course, the other reason (quite a big one at that) is that it's $100 more than the PS4 and doesn't have a lot of the titles that I'm looking forward to.

klaynexas3

My shoes hurt
Dec 30, 2009
I pre-ordered a PS4, and I am working on making my PC into a good gaming PC. With enough funds, I could easily emulate the Xbone, and would lose no benefits for doing so. I'd pay for the games(used only), so it isn't piracy, but they still get none of the money, AND I could play the exclusives. Though only one exclusive for the Xbone is totally an Xbone exclusive(Project Spark is on the PC) that I am actually interested in.

jelock

Nov 29, 2009
I will be getting one, for me while I dont agree with some of the restrictions, they are not issues and I am attracted to the console. I dont trade games and buy new, I dont travel with my console so the always on is not really an issue and I am not bothered by Kinect, it is actually good (I have a young child just getting into gaming so motion is great) and the whole 'its spying on me' thing, well turn it around to face the wall if its that concerning.

The only thing that will break it for me though is how they region code the games. I live in New Zealand and prices here are studid high so I buy all my games from the UK. If they are going to region encode more than PAL / NTSC then it will be an issue.

In honesty I will probably at some point also end up with a PS4. I currently have 360 and PS3 so am not fanboying, Im just going to be the minority and say it is my preference.

This may not be the correct place to pose this question but also seriously question just how long they will be able to get away with the disabling without checkin, restricted trading etc. I dont know about the US but in the EU Consumer Laws and Unfair Competition Laws are pretty strict and I wouldnt be surprised if some of these breach them. The EU has been quite happy to take on Microsoft before and won on several occasions. I realise it should have to happen that way, but hey...

TomLikesGuitar

Jul 6, 2010
neppakyo said:
*ahem*

You seem a bit naive. The xbone exclusives are not good at all. They are horrible. Ryse is a horrible, horrible God Of War knockoff, Killer Instinct is a shitty F2P game, where you have to buy characters. And anything that says xbone/PC is not an exclusive. Most people would chose the PC version over the xbone.

So, basically for exclusives you get a shitty halo and a shitty Gears of War. Sony has the better exclusives this launch, even though both systems are lacking in that, PS4 is by far better than the xbone.

EDIT: OT: I vote no. Im a member of the glorious PC master race, though stuff for the PS4 looks pretty good (The Order 1886)
Look at yourself.

Look at the way you choose to conduct legitimate conversations.

You would insult others for only giving their opinion on a topic, and that, simply put, makes you an asshole.

I honestly think you are just angry that the points that he makes are legitimate, and I'd propose that you are the naive one for letting yourself get sucked into the "h8 M$ OMG" bandwagon.

Arkaijn

Apr 30, 2013
I'm getting one because with MS I know what I'm getting into and know what games are coming out for it and what the game play is gonna be like. Sony's conference was mostly stuff everyone bitched about at the XBone unveiling, sports technology that no one cares about, media apps that are already on the 360, CG trailers for games that might come out sometime and a whole lot of promises.

Sony isn't ensuring that you'll be able to trade in your used games, they're just not gonna change their current approach to it. If a publisher decides you need to input a code to even play the game and not just the MP modes, there's Frak all Sony can do about it.

Then there's the licensing thing, while I would prefer to own my games I don't see much of a difference between MS approach and what's Steam is currently doing, aside from the fact that on Xbox, and as a co-op gamerI'll be able to let 10 of my friends and family enjoy my titles and I'll have the ability to trade my games if I want to.

When you boil all that down, my reason is the same as the OPs, it's just a better choice for me.

Bonus is that I get to fight for the winning team and call Sony fanboys brainwashed sheep.

EightGaugeHippo

Apr 6, 2010
I'm certainly not planning on buying it for a long long time, I'll buy it towards the end of its life time just to play exclusives like Halo.

But my console of choice is PS4, I'm one of the 360 guys who jumped ship, so my vote wouldn't count.

nettkenneth

Apr 6, 2009
i will admit as a PS3 owner i wasn't really considering it but the bad PR and practices of Microsoft against consumers makes me a bit scared since i want the Xbox one to be competitive so that we get proper competition between the console so the industry and game developing advances and to ensure PS+ value adding, but i feel Microsoft has decided we can't really compete with sony so we won't try, let's just hope we can pull a fast one and sell it as a multimedia box that you can play games on.

in conclusion why i'm not buying a Xbox one:
1: it's more expensive
2: the kinect
3: as an european i won't get many of those TV perks it advertises
4: region locking in half of europe
5: it has to phone home every 24 hours.....I don't play games every day
6: Sony reaches more out to indie games
7: Sony seems to have more confidence in the PS4 than Microsoft has in Xbox one
8: the kinect seems to have started a legal hellstorm in Germany
9: Sony Pictures makes breaking bad

to be fair i won't run out to buy the PS4 on release and i beside this post here i won't defend the PS4 until death, unless Microsoft does the mother of all backpedaling, shoots the kinect, stops trying to fuck the Brick and mortar shops and the consumers i feel this will be a very one-sided console war and that is bad for core gamers

Ayay

Dec 6, 2009
Not getting near this Xbox One thing (One ring to rule them all ...yea that did not work out for the last dude).I cant understand why they would screw over the gamer base (you know the crowed that made the box what it is).And for what? a TV market that allready have plenty of other solutions.

The_Merchant

Nov 9, 2011
>Buying an X1 for the controller despite not having tested the redesigned PS4 controller

what

May i add that this is a totally stupid reason to pay 100+50 bucks more on a more restrictive and privacy invading console

Corvo-Attano-77

Apr 26, 2013
UK.

I don't buy or sell used games so that's not an issue for me. I also have no friends so sharing isn't an issue either. But I'm still choosing PS4 because 1) it's more powerful 2) it doesn't let the NSA watch me wank and 3) it's cheaper.

Misho-

May 20, 2010
I'm not getting one, never had a XBox, the service has always been crap over here (Costa Rica) (You can't donwload 99% of the games from the Xbox store), it will probably won't be available at launch (from the 21 countries that will be able to get the Xbox) and finally I'M NOT GETTING a PS4!

I hate it that just because people don't like the XBOX it immediately means that you must be on the other side and must buy a PS4! The current gen is pretty ok in my book and has many more years of possibilities still in it.

(Mini rant)Oh by the way, for a person who doesn't have 10 feet of clear space in my living room I really don't understand why the Kinect must be integrated into the core use of the console :p (/Mini rant)

mjelaine

Jun 18, 2013
I will not be getting an Xbone.

Not that this is much of a blow to Microsoft, seeing as I've never bought any of their consoles. I'm strictly a PS3 and PC fan. None of the Xbox exclusives have ever appealed to me even a little, and it doesn't seem like that's going to be changing anytime soon.

I also don't know anyone who is looking to get an Xbone, even out of those friends who have had the previous versions of the console. So.. not the greatest outlook for Microsoft there.

TomWiley

Jul 20, 2012
neppakyo said:
TomWiley said:
Their supposed DRM isn't as restrictive as it once seemed, Kinect can be turned off and the ability to digitally share games with friends seems pretty neat.

Besides, it seems to have more exclusives than Sony's box. So yeah, might give it a chance if it gets enough interesting titles.
*ahem*

I think your reply says more about you than me.

Either way, I'll go where the games are. The games that are interesting to me, not you or the consensus. Xbox One has a bunch of interesting exclusives, Forza, Titanfall, Below, Quantum Break, and indeed Halo. The Order: 1886 is the only PS4 that interests me and I'll most likely buy a PS4 as well at some point.

blackrave

Mar 7, 2012
Who is buying xbone?
Masochists with too much money on their hands, I assume.
It is strange that M$ went for that demographic, but hey, it is a good day for masochists with too much money on their hands.
So good for them.