Poll: Who IS buying the Xbox One?

Anatoli Ossai

Sep 5, 2012
Casual Shinji said:
You mean that 500 dollar electronic ankle bracelet?!

I'd rather get the 400 hundred dollar kind, thank you very much!

I think you mean $500 home surveillance system!!!

neppakyo

Apr 3, 2011
TomWiley said:
Either way, I'll go where the games are. The games that are interesting to me, not you or the consensus. Xbox One has a bunch of interesting exclusives, Forza, Titanfall, Below, Quantum Break, and indeed Halo. The Order: 1886 is the only PS4 that interests me and I'll most likely buy a PS4 as well at some point.
Titanfall isn't a xbone exclusive.

Jumpingbean3

May 3, 2009
It's not much of a poll if there's only one option. I would like to see how many people won't be buying an Xbox One in comparison to the people who are.

Reyalsfeihc

Jun 12, 2010
Trillovinum said:
... you do realize you're not locked out permanently right? The Xbox One passively checks in while you're using the console, even if it enters a low power state.

BrownGaijin

Jan 31, 2009
Jumpingbean3 said:
It's not much of a poll if there's only one option. I would like to see how many people won't be buying an Xbox One in comparison to the people who are.
Hear hear! I'm curious as to why you can only vote as pro Xbox. Either way I'm not clicking that button.

OT: As for myself, the Xbox asks too much of me to simply sit down and have some game time. At most I will be upgrading my PC, and at least I will eventually be buying a PS4, and using the hundred dollars I saved to buy me a console that plays old school games *cough* retron 5 *cough*

Lygus

Apr 7, 2013
Remove the Kinect dependencies and I'll buy one.

At this rate, for me it's Xbox None.

KillerRabbit

Jan 3, 2009
Not going to buy either - My PC has all the games I need, and all the features. When I upgrade my PC I do not loose anything, can still play my games from -82.

Warped_Ghost

Sep 26, 2009
9thRequiem said:
I am. At least 1, possibly 2.
From the UK.

And yes, I do have very good reasons for picking this over the PS4. It's not just blind loyalty - it's legitimately the better choice for me.
Could you explain why it is the better choice for you?

Warped_Ghost

Sep 26, 2009
Soxafloppin said:
Not me, I went on the Xbox360achievements website just to see what the general opinion as, while there was a lot of rage and fanboyism, the PS4 was beating it on polls by a fair margin..on an Xbox site. I was actually in shock.
They took the xbox and grabbed all the worst parts of it then grabbed a PC and took all the worst parts of it. I was a xbox 360 person until a few months ago where I switched to PC gaming as my main game machine. Near the end of the xbox 360 lifespan i started to get very annoyed because i was paying $5 a month so microsoft could advertise shit I dont want on my console and they gave me bing and internet explorer. The Xbone is more expensive than a ps4, less powerful, and a bigger pain in the arse.

9thRequiem

Sep 21, 2010
Warped_Ghost said:
9thRequiem said:
I am. At least 1, possibly 2.
From the UK.

And yes, I do have very good reasons for picking this over the PS4. It's not just blind loyalty - it's legitimately the better choice for me.
Could you explain why it is the better choice for you?
In short :
In favour of X1:
- No discs required.
- "Family" sharing is unmatched levels of awesome.

What would otherwise be in favour of PS4:
- I'm always online anyway, so that's not an issue.
- Cheaper price, yes, but because of the sharing, I'll definitely buy fewer games, so long-term will save money with the X1.

misg

Apr 13, 2013
I'm not, just don't see the value in the system, may buy a ps4 if it has some really good titles I can't get on pc.

BrotherRool

Oct 31, 2008
Even after the news, still not, the PS4 is cheaper more powerful and with more developers that I enjoy. MS' house of developers has got a bit shaky recently. Their big franchise games (Halo, Gears of War) weren't even made by developers MS owns (although Epic are enough of MS fanboys with their 'Sony are trying to screw you over' that they're practically in house)

Rare has been shaky for years, Remedy are still trying to find their feet. Sucker Punch and Naughty Dog are already world class and Quantic Dream is further ahead than Remedy

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
Now that Microsoft has had a major reversal when it comes to online requirements, used-game friendliness, etc, I can say that I will definitely not be changing my mind when it comes to getting an XBone (or rather, Xbox 180). Hasn't there been a clause since day 1 of Xbox Live and indeed, since the XBone reveal that services can (at any point and for any reason) be changed? There's no telling if Microsoft will do another 180 once the console is out: making it so that you have to be online or, check-in once every 1 to 24 hours to keep the system working.

That's all conjecture though: The deal-breaker from day 1 has been the Kinect. Yes, it can be shut off to a degree (it will always listen for that "on" command) but it's also still mandatory. XBone still requires one to funciton and is still creepily...powerful.