Poll: Who is the Best Doctor?

Lt.Snuffles

Apr 12, 2010
For me, Ecclestone is first with tennant as a close second. Matt smith has a nice character, but i think that he is being let down by the writing and the episodes, like how in half of the episodes, its not him who saves the day but the assistant, which can work but should only be used rarely, and there should be somthing that should stop the doctor from being able to help (the episode "42" was a good example of this)if this is used. For me, the assistant should be slightly less clever and the doctor should be slightly cleverer. But there are plenty of episodes to go before i can really judge him against the others, and the most recent episode was excellent.

Ciler

Nov 16, 2009
SirBryghtside said:
But from the new series, Eccleston - he didn't overact.
I agree about Eccleston. I had to give up on the show not long after Tennant took over, his acting bothered me.

bartman675

Jul 16, 2009
Tennant was good due to the fact I have seen the most episodes staring him I have only seen like five episodes with Eccelston and as an American viewer I have only seen two episodes with stone and need more episodes to make an opinion on the new doctor.

Tharwen

Ep. VI: Return of the turret
May 7, 2009
I think Matt Smith is far too new to have become a favourite yet, but of the older two, Tennant wins out despite the classic 'lots of planets have a North' line.

TraderJimmy

Apr 17, 2010
I feel very much in a minority here, but I loathed Tennant. The bug-eyed faux-enthusiastic schtick just made my skin crawl - and then the bits where he got 'serious', those I believed even less.

I only have a dim memory of the old Dr. Who film and series from my childhood, but I do vaguely recall a lot of them being closer to Tennant (hyper-active, over-excitable, extremely quirky) than Ecclestone (reserved, mysterious, 'grittier'). So maybe he's closer to the archetypal Doctor, and I'm plain WRAWNG in my preference. Eh.

Oh yeah, other things that bias me against Tennant:

I renounce Catherine Tate, and all her works.
"Are you my mummy?" was the best Dr. Who ep I've ever seen.
Constant unfunny comic relief peppering his run.

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
Big Ears Eccleston for the lead in to the new series, and Tennant for how it's been established. Tennant started his role strong, by defining who the Doctor is, and never got worse. Man was practically built for the role.

Jack and Calumon

Digimon are cool.
Dec 29, 2008
Vanguard_Ex said:
Catkid906 said:
We haven't seen enough of Matt Smith to draw a conclusion.

Calumon: I like David... He's funny! ^^
Incidentally who is Calumon?

Also, I dislike Matt Smith. He looks weird and he always tries too hard to do crazy eyes ><
My avatar and here comes for the Seventh time The Explanation

Calumon: I am me. You are You. We are happy Family! ^^

Little Duck

Diving Space Muffin
Oct 22, 2009
Wahful said:
I can't honestly say that im a Dr. Who fan. From what i did see i liked David Tennant the best.
I can honestly say, you have enough hair to be the next doctor who.

Tennant plays it better than the others, still it's early days for Matt and his scripts haven't been as strong as David's have.

arc101

May 24, 2009
Agema said:
My choice is Tom Baker.

Other major missing options are William Hartnell, Patrick Troughton, John Pertwee, Peter Davison, Colin Baker, and Sylvester McCoy.

I don't care if I'm not supposed to *****, some of us are old enough to have watched it in those days.
here Here

Vanguard_Ex

Mar 19, 2008
Catkid906 said:
Vanguard_Ex said:
Catkid906 said:
We haven't seen enough of Matt Smith to draw a conclusion.

Calumon: I like David... He's funny! ^^
Incidentally who is Calumon?

Also, I dislike Matt Smith. He looks weird and he always tries too hard to do crazy eyes ><
My avatar and here comes for the Seventh time The Explanation

Calumon: I am me. You are You. We are happy Family! ^^
I embrace it with open arms.
My love to you Calumon ^^

Darkenwrath

Apr 12, 2010
This pol is slightly unfair considering smith has had only 4 episodes, but he already seems a better, darker Doctor than Tennant, the type of Doctor I'd expect to turn up after all he's been through. Though Tennants leaving episode was absolutely superb and really made me feel for him, I think Matt as a Doctor, (not the series as a whole) is better.

Tranka Verrane

Jul 21, 2008
Agema said:
My choice is Tom Baker.

Other major missing options are William Hartnell, Patrick Troughton, John Pertwee, Peter Davison, Colin Baker, and Sylvester McCoy.

I don't care if I'm not supposed to *****, some of us are old enough to have watched it in those days.
Also Paul McGann and arguably Peter Cushing. I really liked McGann, it's not his fault the script sucked huge swinging donkey balls.

But yes, no-one can beat the Baker at his best.

TimeLord

For the Emperor!
Legacy
Aug 15, 2008
Tennant, then Eccleston

[sub]What? Don't look at me like that :([/sub]

8bitlove2a03

Mar 25, 2010
Of those three, I pick Tennant. I do object though, since Smith has had all of four episodes for us to compare to three seasons and five specials worth of Tennant episodes.

EeveeElectro

Cats.
Aug 3, 2008
David Tennant was really good. Matt is awesome as the doctor but has very big shoes to fill which might make people not realise his potential. Plus he is bang tidy.