Poll: Who is the Best Doctor?

Dr. Danger

Let's Talk Lobotomy
Dec 24, 2008
Why are these the options? I definitely prefer Tom Baker.

But I guess I'll pick Christopher Eccleston.

Matt_LRR

Unequivocal Fan Favorite
Nov 30, 2009
Tennant, but Smith has been doing a great job so far. A little too same-y maybe, but a great job, none the less.

-m

Claymorez

Our King
Apr 20, 2009
interspark said:
Just dont ***** about it if you prefered one of the old doctors ok? Those are the options.

Stay tuned for the best assistant poll.
What about the other DOCTORS! Please add them to the poll! My favourite was Tom Baker

First Doctor
William Hartnell
1963?1966

Second Doctor
Patrick Troughton
1966?1969

Third Doctor
Jon Pertwee
1970?1974

Fourth Doctor
Tom Baker
1974?1981

Fifth Doctor
Peter Davison
1981?1984

Sixth Doctor
Colin Baker
1984?1986

Seventh Doctor
Sylvester McCoy
1987?1996

Eighth Doctor
Paul McGann

Ninth Doctor
Christopher Eccleston

Tenth Doctor
David Tennant
2005?2010

Eleventh Doctor
Matt Smith

The_Eskimo

Mar 4, 2010
Trivun said:
Susan Arendt said:
Oh, god, just of the new ones? No contest. Now if you mean out of ALL of them...hmm. You know, I think my answer might be the same, come to think of it.

Gotta say, though, Matt Smith is rapidly endearing himself to me.
I agree completely here. Though David Tennant was my favourite before, out of them all, Matt Smith has grown on me a lot recently. And although this is better off in the 'best companion' poll too, I have to say I much prefer Amy Pond as a companion than any of the earlier ones. She's much more 'hands-on' action girl and willing to get involved in adventures than others were...
and she wears very short skirts....

Necromancer1991

Apr 9, 2010
That said:
flamingjimmy said:
flamingjimmy said:
House is way better than all of them!
do you even know who or what "doctor who" is
Yes, a mediocre childrens TV program.
Look if I tried to convey the deep subtext character depth and jut plain technobabble involved in an average episode of Dr.Who to a child, their head would explode like this

Quaxar

Sep 21, 2009
yellowhead said:
Quaxar said:
yellowhead said:
Christopher Eccleston =D

He was MY Doctor :)
Wait... you will have to share!
I simply loved his acting, especially that smile of his. Just... yay for Eccleston!
Then again I haven't seen many other doctors, especially not the older ones, but I'm going to catch up on that, promise.
Well if you want MY opinion, find a Peter Davison story. =D
Oh, I always appreciate second opinions. Especially when they know more about all the doctors than I do.
I'll try to find Dr. Davison on Amazon.uk, I just hope they have the DVDs I'm a little confused by all the different versions and the fact that there are like 10 "first season"s available.

Feb 13, 2008
claymorez said:
Eleventh Doctor
Matt Smith
And

Peter Cushing, Rowan Atkinson (unofficial Ninth Doctor),Richard E. Grant (unofficial Tenth Doctor), Jim Broadbent (unofficial Eleventh Doctor), Hugh Grant (unofficial Twelfth Doctor), Joanna Lumley (unofficial Thirteenth Doctor), David Morrissey (The Next Doctor), Trevor Martin (Stage), Adrian Gibbs (Logopolis:The Watcher), Richard Hurndall (The Alternate First Doctor), Michael Jayston: The Valeyard (The Anti-Doctor), Geoffrey Hughes, David Banks, Nick Scovell, Lenny Henry, Rod Hull (various spoofs), Mark Gatiss (TV spoof), Nicholas Briggs, Geoffrey Bayldon, David Warner, David Collings, Ian Brooker, Derek Jacobi, Arabella Weir, Jon Culshaw (Audio Alternate Doctors)

So...yeah...

IshFish

Sep 17, 2009
Agema said:
My choice is Tom Baker.

Other major missing options are William Hartnell, Patrick Troughton, John Pertwee, Peter Davison, Colin Baker, and Sylvester McCoy.

I don't care if I'm not supposed to *****, some of us are old enough to have watched it in those days.
I highly agree even tho im not old enough

LostTimeLady

Dec 17, 2009
I'm not sure out of two. It's difficult to come down on one side or the other between Doctor10 or Doctor11 not that I'm saying Doctor9 wasn't brilliant it's just that Doctor10 was my Doctor and Doctor11 I have fallen in love with.
So with that in mind, after doing a quick mental add up of percentage of Doctor Who episodes for each Doctor out of those three that I'd watch happily on a rainy day when I need cheering up, I find myself drawn towards Doctor11 and his bow tie.

But I'm not voting, cos I feel like I'm betraying David Tennant just by thinking about it.
And anyway, isn't the Doctor the Doctor what ever body he's in? The fact I find myself having such a hard time choosing is 'cos at the end of the day, every single guy who's played the Doctor within the cannon (note that remark) of TV and books has truly been 'the Doctor'. I'm just happy that every actor that's played the Doctor is the Doctor 100%.

(Oh, and a little message for all those who saw Doctor Who on Saturday, "Don't blink!").

ethaninja

Oct 14, 2009
I assume these three are in a show of some sort? I'll just go ahead and pick Matt Smith because that is a name of a mate of mine.

Feb 13, 2008
Quaxar said:
Oh, I always appreciate sedonc opinions. Especially when they know more about all the doctors than I do.
I'll try to find Dr. Davison on Amazon.uk, I just hope they have the DVDs I'm a little confused by all the different versions and the fact that there are like 10 "first season"s available.
Peter Davison stories

Castrovalva(4) 4th->5th: Confusing but good.
Four to Doomsday(4): Not bad
Kinda(4): Scary
The Visitation(4): Confusing
Black Orchid(2): Creepy
Earthshock(4): Renowned
Time-Flight(4): Brill

Arc of Infinity(4): Good
Snakedance(4): OK
Mawdryn Undead(4): Black Guardian Trilogy (1) : Vampires
Terminus(4): Black Guardian Trilogy (2) : Lepers
Enlightenment(4): Black Guardian Trilogy (3) : Pirates
The King's Demons(2): Must see

The Five Doctors : Must see

Warriors of the Deep(4): Good
The Awakening(2): Good
Frontios(4): Ok
Resurrection of the Daleks(2): All Dalek ones are good
Planet of Fire(4): Peri!
The Caves of Androzani(4) : 5th->6th

robakerson

Feb 19, 2010
Interesting that the "old school doctor camp" is generally choosing either Tom or Jon, or saying "Of these three, Christopher Eccleston".

Personally, I'm going to abstain from the poll simply because we're choosing from a doctor with 4 episodes, a doctor with 1 season, or a doctor with 3 seasons and countless specials.

I'm enjoying Smith so far, I preferred Tennant to Eccleston, but probably only because Eccleston was doctor for only one season, 5 years ago (with worse graphics and the burden of recreating everything from scratch, to boot!).

Hashime

Jan 13, 2010
David Tennant was the best, followed by Eccleston. I cannot comment on any others as I have not seen them yet.
I don't know the official forum term, but I was just going to make this tread and then I saw it!
And to those complaining about the lack of choices, there have been 11 doctors, and there are a max of 8 choices for a poll on the escapist. One cannot include all and therefore limiting to the "modern" doctors is best.

Nov 28, 2007
Tom Baker, then David Tennant, and I'm not quite sure between Eccleston and Smith. I'm tentatively saying Smith, then Eccleston, but I need to see how he does in the long run.