Poll: Who is your favorite developer, did you grow up with them, are you a loyal fan and why?

FolkLikePanda

Apr 15, 2009
Top 10 (not in order but Naughty Dog are first):

1) Naughty Dog (Crash, my favourite games when I was younger)
2) Nintendo (Always been there)
3) Konami (MGS, CastleVania and fun arcade games)
4) Sega (Early Sonic games on MegaDrive when I was younger)
5) Rockstar (GTA, Played 1 & 2 on PS1 and was a fan ever since)
6) Capcom (Resident Evil, Street Fighter though I am annoyed when they realse the same game over and over again making me feel I missed on something)
7) UbiSoft (First Rayman, Splinter Cell and Assassin's Creed)
8) Valve (Left 4 Dead and Portal)
9) Epic (Gears wowed me when I first played it)
10) Suda 51 (Mad bastard!)

Would have said Bungie but I feel the Halo games could have been much better.

lord.jeff

Oct 27, 2010
Snotnarok said:
Favorite developer? That never makes a difference to my choices in games. I don't get why someone would be loyal to a company like that.
Because most developer have a unique style, like Shin Megami always make adult catered, story orientated RPGs, or Bioware for much the same thing. People follow developers for the same reason people follow authors, they cater to a certain group.

On topic, if I had to pick just one developer it'd be Nintendo, Zelda is one of my favorite series, plus over the course of there existence they've probably have had the most influence on the medium.

Grivahri

Mar 26, 2012
Used to be Bioware. All my top 4 favorite games have been made by them. Kotor 1, mass effect, mass effect 3, mass effect 2. Then I completely lost respect for them. I love the games that they have made. I just don't feel that they have anything more that I want. They will never make Kotor 3 which is quite painful, and I don't want a mass effect MMO. Enough with the fucking MMOs.

SajuukKhar

Sep 26, 2010
Valve, because they have never made a shitty game, they brought PC gaming back into a high-profit business, and they made Steam.

Also I did grow up with them

Snotnarok

Nov 17, 2008
lord.jeff said:
Snotnarok said:
Favorite developer? That never makes a difference to my choices in games. I don't get why someone would be loyal to a company like that.
Because most developer have a unique style, like Shin Megami always make adult catered, story orientated RPGs, or Bioware for much the same thing. People follow developers for the same reason people follow authors, they cater to a certain group.

On topic, if I had to pick just one developer it'd be Nintendo, Zelda is one of my favorite series, plus over the course of there existence they've probably have had the most influence on the medium.
They're still companies and they have one overall goal, to get your money. I can understand liking games made by the company but I've never thought of a company in recent years I liked. I did that with Square when I was a kid thinking they could do no wrong especially after Final Fantasy Tactics then they put out Final Fantasy 8, 9, 10, etc, Tactics Advanced, then Tactics Advanced 2 then their extremely shitty port of the original Tactics and I quickly learned how shitty a company could get and how good they can get at destroying your favorite game with lazy porting.

lRookiel

Lord of Infinite Grins
Jun 30, 2011
Top 5:

1: Black Isle, for bringing me Baldurs gate, my favourite game of all time, I'm also enjoying Icewind Dale and Planescape torment. (I'm actually just playing BG now :D)

2: Valve, because of Steam and Half Life, mainly Steam. :3

3: Bethesda, because they made Skyrim, nuff said. :3

4: Blizzard, for Diablo 2, Starcraft and soon Diablo 3! IT WILL BE MINE >:3

5: Relic, for bringing me Company of Heroes and especially Dawn of War! :D

ZehMadScientist

Oct 29, 2010
Game Freak. Pokemon was a big part of my childhood, hell, Pokemon WAS my childhood. I have played every Pokemon game to date, and will continue to do so for all future installments. (The normal ones, not the Ranger games or any of that jazz)

And then there is BioWare. As much hate as they are receiving right now, I still think they are one of the best, if not the best developer around.

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
one i grew up with?
try 3, my holy trinity growing up was Nintendo, Capcom and Konami.
now? Konami seems to just not want to any more, Capcom hates its fans now, and Nintendo, >.> is being rather experimental, which i don't see as inherently bad, but dose kinda make getting what i liked them for to begin with difficult

and more recent example would be
Tanis said:
I love them as a developer, and even more as a PUBLISHER.

Atlus
them :D i have most they're PS2 library, and they have only failed me once, Atlus, i love,

Relic to actually, they don't make 'the best games evar' but they are consistently good, that's really the more important thing far as I'm concerned

Terminate421

Jul 21, 2010
Bungie because while the Halo games are my second favorite games of all time, Bungie are the first people to make developing games look more like a party than an actual job.

Realitycrash

Dec 12, 2010
Eh, I grew up with Bungie, and even though they have been stuck at remaking Halo for the past years, I still keep them in my heart.

Chanel Tompkins

Nov 8, 2011
Probably Square Enix or whatever one does Pokemon. I grew up with them, and I love them both. Because, come on, Square Enix and Pokemon man.

z121231211

Jun 24, 2008
Chanel Tompkins said:
Probably Square Enix or whatever one does Pokemon. I grew up with them, and I love them both. Because, come on, Square Enix and Pokemon man.
Squaresoft is where it's at. Don't know what happened but every game I've been disappointed by them was Square-Enix, but the Squaresoft games helped define my childhood.

I'd have to go with Grasshopper Manufacture, though they seem a little too focused on NMH.