Poll: Who is your favorite game developer?

Benmonkey7

Jun 15, 2010
Bethesda is my pick. Gotta love open-world RPG epics. I can't wait for Skyrim to come out. It's gonna be awesome (I hope). I think I put more hours into Fallout 3 than any other game I have played.

Joey Wonton

Jun 12, 2011
Mojang Studios?

But more generally... Ubisoft, because of Assasins Creed and Far Cry, and others I cant remember, but I know they've made games I like. And "Stargate, Ubisoft, Sparkle!"

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
the only bad thing about huge/much praised developers is they have alot of expectation/ crazy cult surrounding them

do somthing wrong and all hell breaks loose

I quite like Violation if I was going for somthing less high profile...just for Red faction and Saints row

Raggedstar

Jul 5, 2011
Team Ico, Insomniac, Nintendo, Naughty Dog, Square Enix (in that order).

I don't really need to explain for Team Ico, and Insomniac has consistantly held my attention through the 3 Sony generations. The only game I won't give a damn about is Resistance, which I guess leaves 3 Spyros, 4 PS2 Ratchets, and 2.5 PS3 Ratchets that will hopefully turn into 3.5 (Overstrike looks interesting through). Nintendo is a "no duh", Naughty Dog for a similar reason as Insomniac (minus the PS3 era), and Square tickles my "guilty pleasure JRPG" tastes.

Trippy Turtle

Elite Member
May 10, 2010
Bethesda or whoever made Jak and Daxter. I love open world games that the story is more of a side feature then the main idea of the game.

CrustyOatmeal

Jul 4, 2010
i was going to say bethesda but then i saw blizzard/ activision and i love blizzard games and i loved CoD4 (none of the others after that though) so i had to pick them. if it werent for the activision and blizzard teamup i would have most likely picked bethesda

AlternatePFG

Jan 22, 2010
I like Obsidian quite a bit, despite their buggy games. Sucker Punch also has made some of my favorite games ever, and I feel like they are rather under appreciated.

TheYellowCellPhone

Sep 26, 2009
Eight options isn't enough to let everyone to get a fair vote in. A majority of the votes will be in the optional field!

Valve, anyway.

Raggedstar

Jul 5, 2011
Trippy Turtle said:
Bethesda or whoever made Jak and Daxter. I love open world games that the story is more of a side feature then the main idea of the game.
That would be Naughty Dog who made Jak and Daxter

RedEyesBlackGamer

The Killjoy Detective returns!
Jan 23, 2011
Atlus. I love their games. Especially if you count games that they published and brought to the States like Odin Sphere.

SeeIn2D

May 24, 2011
Insomniac who made Ratchet and Clank, Resistance, the first three Spyro games, and Disruptor which was a great PS1 title. My first game that I obsessed over was the original Ratchet and Clank and my first PS3 game was Resistance: Fall of Man, so this company has a near and dear place in my heart. Such quality games.