Poll: Who still watches Extra Credits?

cgaWolf

Apr 16, 2009
I'm still watching them , luckily youtube lets me know when they put a new episode up, as i'm not active on PA. While the game addiction episodes weren't my all time favourites, the last 2-3 were very good again, and very much worth watching :)

Nexoram

Aug 6, 2010
I have watched them since they were on his "Kirithem" channel on youtube and i will continue to watch them.

jonyboy13

Aug 13, 2010
Almost stopped watching when the show left the intelligent topics and became pretentious and talked about boring topics. Watched some single episodes on PA but again, preachy and pretentious. They talked for a whole episode about zombies in gaming but didn't mention once how over used they are currently.

Alexnader

$20 For Steve
May 18, 2009
Comrade_Beric said:
After a massive out pour of support back when the schism first happened, I have noticed a gradual drop-off of people mentioning the show. I'm curious to know if this is because people have simply stopped talking about it, or have people actually stopped watching EC?

Personally, I watched the show religiously every week when they were here and I did follow them to Youtube, but I got massively turned off of the show when James hijacked two whole episodes to talk about how he used to play games so much that he didn't function as a human being. The humor was gone, the intelligence was gone, the whole show had become a forum for James to lecture us about how terrible games had been for him... I have not watched a single episode since. What about you guys? Are you still watching the show or did you lose interest?

(Here's hoping for a poll that doesn't get eaten [Edit: huzzah!])
I found his story quite affecting and it resonated well with me since I was questioning my own gaming habits at the time. Their entire show has been about the betterment of gaming, I see nothing wrong with two episodes that highlight the dark side of our favoured past time.

I still watch the show occasionally on PATV however I only regularly go to Penny Arcade for the comics so I've found myself falling behind the series.

Clive Howlitzer

Jan 27, 2011
I still watch them even though sometimes his holier than thou attitude really annoys the hell out of me.

Combustion Kevin

Nov 17, 2011
I dont think the game addiction episodes were SUPPOSED to be entertaining.

I still watch it weekly, hell, it even got me to actually read penny arcade. ^^

comadorcrack

The Master of Speilingz
Mar 19, 2009
I still watch it yeah.
And that episode when James came on camera to talk about game compulsion really spoke to me. I recognised a lot of things that I had been doing myself. I realised I was probably on a bad path and while I wasn't exactly on the edge of falling into a problem it definitely put me in mind to put down the controller once in a while.

Fishyash

Elite Member
Dec 27, 2010
I still watch them. I guess I was lucky enough to keep up to date. I subscribed to their youtube channel (which I regularly check my subscriptions on) so I generally get to watch each new episode they put on patv as soon as it comes out.

The gaming "addiction" video they had was... different. I don't really know that in a good way, but I think I understand now why they have Dan talking in an artificially pitched up voice. It was a bit dreary, and it seemed to only target a select few people. It's interesting to see someone's experience on it though, and that's all it was.

Phishfood

Jul 21, 2009
I still watch, although its become a "when I remember, watch the 4 episodes I haven't seen" rather than a "ooh, new EC".

I find it interesting to hear from the "other side" as it were, I've only played games never dev'd them. However, they do tend to make out that managers of dev teams are some special breed when really ALL managers of ALL kinds are pretty much the same. They stopped doing the job, they've forgotten what its actually like and they are out of date.

Korak the Mad

Nov 19, 2010
Hagi said:
I still watch it at times.

I agree that it's rather pretentious but there's some interesting stuff in between.

Just please, let them never do an episode like the 'games ruined my life' whinefest again.
I agreed with you.

I still watch their episodes every week, and there are some things that I did not know until they started talking about it.

I find it very informative, unlike "Jimquisition" which I find rather narcissistic and annoying. There are a few good episodes of "Jimquisition", like the kirby episode, but really nothing else, in my opinion.

Extra Credits is a great show, and there are a few weak episodes, like how game addiction ruined James', as well as other peoples lives. I remember watching it, but I don't remember what he said about it that was informative. There are a few other episode that are weak, but I don't remember what episodes they were.

Besides those few weak episodes, it is one of my favorite shows to watch, and I will always be looking forward to their next episode.

uguito-93

This space for rent
Jul 16, 2009
My guess as to why people are talking less about it is that seeing as how its on a different site the urge to discuss it on the escapist has died down.

Doctor Panda

Apr 17, 2008
The james episodes didn't exact do it for me, but i wasn't offended by them in any way. And you'll be pleased to know they're very much back on track in their new location.

Slavik_91

May 2, 2009
I stopped watching once they tried to find deep and intellectual meaning on Missile Command, I mean seriously...

viranimus

Thread killer
Nov 20, 2009
My thing is I would watch it if it were on a website I would actually willingly frequent.

On the escapist I was watching basically every one. During the short stint on Youtube I kept up to date. Since moving to Penny arcade, a site I cant be compelled to give two shits about I just dont keep up with it the same way. Last week I jumped over to catch up on missed episodes and found I had 6 episodes that I had not yet seen. Essentially a month and a half. So, as much as I do enjoy the show, for me its location is just about as bad as it could possibly be.

Im sorry, but no 5-10 min a week show is going to justify me going to a website I have no interest in and do not wish to have one in. Unless PATV can find some way to lure me in on the rare occasions I visit to check up on EC, Ill prolly eventually give up watching it all together.

flaviok79

Feb 22, 2011
I still watch it. Now l that the show airs on Wednesdays, I sometimes watch it before Zp.

Rawne1980

Jul 29, 2011
Only ever watched one.

That was enough for me. Well, I say one, I managed 53 seconds before his high pitched "chipmunk on acid" voice and preaching attitude forced me to turn it off before I was overcome with the urge to hunt him down and choke him with his own intestines.

Irritating prick that he is.

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
Not as regularly, but I still do. I love the show, and was sad to see them leave, but as long as they keep up the good work I'll watch it.