Poll: Who still watches Extra Credits?

Whyso

May 8, 2011
i never got to watch it, a shame
i could have gotten at least 2 achievements

Ilikemilkshake

Jun 7, 2010
Comrade_Beric said:
I got massively turned off of the show when James hijacked two whole episodes to talk about how he used to play games so much that he didn't function as a human being. The humor was gone, the intelligence was gone, the whole show had become a forum for James to lecture us about how terrible games had been for him
What? He didnt hijack the show, if he decided to use the show to promote his new band or something yeah, that would be hijacking but what he did was do a 2 part on a topic which they had already discussed before, sharing his own experiance, it wouldnt have been the same with Daniel saying it because it was personal to James.

And i think you missed the point of the videos a bit if you think you was just giving a lecture about how terrible video games are

Anyway, Yes i still watch the videos but i usually forget to watch them the day they come out, because i dont visit Penny Arcade as often as i visit The Escapist.

There's probably less mention of them here, because i imagine all the discussion has moved to the PA forums.

Aug 25, 2009
Other - I would watch it, but the Penny Arcade video viewing thingy never seems to work for me. Similarly I would still watch Enn (or whatever they're calling it now) but I just can't.

I liked Extra Credits, I thought they were a nice contrast to Yahtzee.

Gitty101

Jan 22, 2010
Whenever I get bored I always check them out. They're still good, so I still watch them.

rabidmidget

Apr 18, 2008
I watch it constantly, I'm surprised to see so many people here disliking it, but maybe my perspective is different because I'm currently starting out as an amateur indie dev.

cryogeist

Apr 16, 2010
i only watched it when i was bored so when they left i didn't bother following them
(considering the whole incident with money made them look like total dicks, i could care less about what they do)

Xerosch

Apr 19, 2008
In my opinion some of their analyses were very overinterpreted, but I watched them on a regular basis, anyway.

And to be honest I completely forgot about them when they left. Had to think about the thread's title for a second. Should be easy to figure out what I've voted for ;)

Move127

Jul 29, 2011
I watched every episode before they left, but when the whole ordeal happened I lost a lot of respect for them. I felt that asking for more money than what Allison needed for her surgery was not very professional, even if they were not profiting from it. Since I watched their show because I respected their ideas, the moment that respect started slipping I didn't bother following them.

babinro

Sep 24, 2010
Yes, but I don't frequent the other site and actually hate it's layout.

So the end result is while I do watch extra credits eventually, I'll tend to watch them 5 or so episodes at a time when I'm bored enough to check the site out.

If they were still on Escapist I'd watch them on day of release

Ilikemilkshake

Jun 7, 2010
Whyso said:
i never got to watch it, a shame
i could have gotten at least 2 achievements
All of their episodes are up on http://www.penny-arcade.com/patv
So you can still watch them if you want :)

Rawne1980 said:
Only ever watched one.

That was enough for me. Well, I say one, I managed 53 seconds before his high pitched "chipmunk on acid" voice and preaching attitude forced me to turn it off before I was overcome with the urge to hunt him down and choke him with his own intestines.

Irritating prick that he is.
Wow.. Just.. Wow... it took you a mere 53 seconds to decide that you should disembowel and forcibly choke someone with their own intestines, because you dislike their voice. I think you have some serious problems.

IceStar100

Jan 5, 2009
I watched them here but could not bring myself to care enoug to follow them. They where an intrest but like a band at a bar I like. I'll listion to there music becuase they are already here. If they are not at my bar anymore I won't follow becuase I don't find them worth the troble.

Smooth Operator

Oct 5, 2010
Well I still check it out but the last few episodes got really strange, they had so many shelved topics gaming wise but are now going completely off course, I find their old shows insightful and entertaining and now they leave me with "what the hell are you on about".

Maybe it's a sign the whole thing is coming to a conclusion, which would be better then a decline into oblivion.

UrieHusky

Sep 16, 2011
I stopped watching after they stopped doing the youtube reminders.
I don't like the PA website so yeah... they're pretty much done for me, it was really nice while it lasted

Flames66

Aug 22, 2009
I wondered where extra credits went, I will check it out on the tube later on.

FamoFunk

Dad, I'm in space.
Mar 10, 2010
I never did watch it when it was here. I think I will start watching it now it's moved over though, but my attention spawn is awfully low.

jonnosferatu

Mar 29, 2009
Comrade_Beric said:
Personally, I watched the show religiously every week when they were here and I did follow them to Youtube, but I got massively turned off of the show when James hijacked two whole episodes to talk about how he used to play games so much that he didn't function as a human being. The humor was gone, the intelligence was gone, the whole show had become a forum for James to lecture us about how terrible games had been for him... I have not watched a single episode since. What about you guys? Are you still watching the show or did you lose interest?
Let's play "Spot the Fallacy."

James made a single two-part episode in which he talked about game addiction, something with which he has had extensive personal experience and something that he did not feel he could address without describing those experiences. This episode represents a COMPLETELY unique event in the show's history, as its style and tone were not used at all prior to that episode and have not been used since. However, based on this single, isolated incident of something you didn't like - an incident you had no reason to believe would ever recur - rather than continuing to follow the show "religiously," you assumed that all ensuing episodes would thematically identical to the one you didn't like and that the show therefore would not be worth watching, despite there being absolutely no evidence whatsoever to justify that assumption.

Now, I may not have any particular schooling in informal logic, but it seems to me that the term "hasty generalization" doesn't even begin to describe the thought process (or, apparently, total lack thereof) that led to your current situation.