Poll: Who WEARS wrist watches anymore?

Som_kun

Jan 24, 2011
I own a pocket watch my GF bought me, it's a wind, and super badass. I prefer pocket watches to wrist watches because i'm always elbow deep in a pc, and wrist watches get stuck... I prefer it over my phone because i always know what pocket it's in, wear as my phone runs away from me.

Theminimanx

Positively Insane
Mar 14, 2011
I wear one every work day. It's more convenient than having to take my cellfone (which I don't have with me all the time) out of my pocket. But more importantly, I can't leave my cellfone on in class, so I need something else to tell me how much boredom I have left to sit through.

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
I would wear one because they're a good way of telling time, and you're less likely to forget it. Also I can use it during exams, I'm not even allowed to be within arm's reach of a phone...

steampunk42

Nov 18, 2009
i wear a watch ...i like it for the fact the hour hand only goes all the way around once a day....and there are 24 numbers on the face.

Sun Flash

Fus Roh Dizzle
Apr 15, 2009
I do. Not right now though, because I'm getting the clasp fixed.

If I don't have a watch on, I'll put a sweatband/bracelet/strap thing.

I don't like having naked wrists.

Shirokurou

Mar 8, 2010
I was given an actual swatch, commemorating the Beijing 2008 Olympics from a guy who was part of an Olympic team. So hell yeah I wear it with my tux on grand events.

Roofstone

May 13, 2010
Nah. I react allergically to the usual leather straps, and the gold or silver watches are just.. Uncomfortable. I got a pocket watch though, hangs by a chain to my wallet. <3

...I need a monocle and top hat!

AlkalineGamer

Jan 6, 2011
I use some cheap Casio digital watch, it's damn useful, and a thousand times more practical that looking at a phone, and i'm powerless without it.

bobknowsall

Aug 21, 2009
I wear one pretty much constantly. Why stop to whip out your phone when you can just glance at your wrist?

Also, there are some places in which I definitely wouldn't want to wave my phone/smartphone/whatever around.

XJ-0461

Mar 9, 2009
It's a rare day if I go out without a watch. Personally, I find it much more conveniant than using my phone or something, as I can just lift my arm and, hey presto, the time.

Kenjitsuka

Sep 10, 2009
I never could stand the touch of it on my wrist.
I tried a few times, but... just no.

Yay for the all in one clock, music player and microcomputer; the smarthphone!

one_madrak

May 29, 2010
I wear a wristwatch - I have since high school. They are just faster and easier to check than a cell-phone, which has to be taken out of a pocket or case to be read. Also, watches never crash or freeze up, unlike today's smart phones.

SilkySkyKitten

Oct 20, 2009
I wear a loverly Casio Databank DBC-30 calculator watch at the moment.

I don't care who you are, having something you can tell time with by just looking at your wrist is hundreds of times more convenient than having to dig out a clunky cell phone. Plus having a calculator on your wrist is nice, too.

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
Um, I wear one. An analog Swatch. But it's colourful to accentuate my childish side. I know a hell of a lot of people that do. And those that don't are constantly asking us that do what time it is.
It's the quickest way to tell time.
It looks good (it is technically jewlery).
It can have a lot of other funtions than to tell time.
I'm used to it, it would feel weird not to wear one.

OP, are you serious?? How can you not wear a watch, I've never understood that. I'm not trying to question your opinion, I'm just curious.