Poll: Who would win? Samus Aran or Master Chief?

Nov 28, 2007
I know this is done often, but I am still curious to see how you guys and gals feel on here.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I vote for Samus. Mostly because while Master Chief is most likely stronger, Samus is more agile, and if she wanted to just end the battle, she could morph ball, plant a ball bomb under him, which would take down his shield without damaging her, then screw attack him.

soladrin

Sep 9, 2007
dont even dare to vote or start in this one.. i know nothing of samus beyond my playing super smash bro's and she's got a arm gun... i dont like nintendo xD

beoweasel

Nov 26, 2007
She's one of the few female characters that actually wear full body armor...that alone gets her my vote.

Katana314

Oct 4, 2007
Not that I in any way support either series, but Samus would win. You ever played metroid and sat in lava? I mean take your character, and jump straight into lava. You can sit there for over a minute (all energy tanks) and just soak up the damage. It's pathetically easy.

Enigmatic_Apple

Nov 7, 2007
I doubt Samus would win, my friend showed me the books, (they were kind of mediocre) and apparently Master Chief was INTENDED to be able to jump very high and run very fast. He is also supposed to be taller. The sniper rifle goes can shoot through 16 different people if they lined up. One shot to the head and she is dead. This dumb things can go both ways though. Even if they met MC would most likely talk her into sleeping with him and give her aids. So even if she kills him he would get her sooner or later.

I wonder if he would get a "kill from the grave" metal?

LordOmnit

Oct 8, 2007
Well, that's like a double-indirect way of killing someone because that is giving them the impetus for the impetus of the cause of death. AIDS itself does not kill you, it's complications arising from it, and even then, if you are trying to say the person who gave the person *HIV that turned into AIDS ~eventually~* was trying to kill them with that, then they only succeeded in opening the possibility of opening the possibility of getting them to die before they would have from age.
Height could work against him, because it presents a more clear target. We're talking guns and missiles, you DON'T want to be bigger than you have to be. And as for MC's sniper rifle, Samus has weapons that do anything from nuclear homing missiles to lasers that melt through anything but unpathable areas. MC's little sniper rifle that would kill sixteen people under highly stringent conditions ain't no match (triple negative foo's!).
Besides, how much of Samus' past are we given? She basically is there to go out and kick some hostile alien ass for the sake of being awesome (and... you know... saving humanity and all). MC has so much specific purpose I'm surprised he hasn't gotten an aneurysm and had his head explode from stress. Meanwhile, Samus can always just pull of her helmet at the end and take a breather while looking damn fine.
Sorry for rambling on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on-
Done.

Enigmatic_Apple

Nov 7, 2007
LordOmnit said:
Well, that's like a double-indirect way of killing someone because that is giving them the impetus for the impetus of the cause of death. AIDS itself does not kill you, it's complications arising from it, and even then, if you are trying to say the person who gave the person *HIV that turned into AIDS ~eventually~* was trying to kill them with that, then they only succeeded in opening the possibility of opening the possibility of getting them to die before they would have from age.
Height could work against him, because it presents a more clear target. We're talking guns and missiles, you DON'T want to be bigger than you have to be. And as for MC's sniper rifle, Samus has weapons that do anything from nuclear homing missiles to lasers that melt through anything but unpathable areas. MC's little sniper rifle that would kill sixteen people under highly stringent conditions ain't no match (triple negative foo's!).
Besides, how much of Samus' past are we given? She basically is there to go out and kick some hostile alien ass for the sake of being awesome (and... you know... saving humanity and all). MC has so much specific purpose I'm surprised he hasn't gotten an aneurysm and had his head explode from stress. Meanwhile, Samus can always just pull of her helmet at the end and take a breather while looking damn fine.
Sorry for rambling on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on-
Done.
Very good read hahaha

I just realized that AIDS didn't actually kill people as I was posting that, it weakens your immune system by destroying your poor little white blood cells and the such.

:(

That part about the aneurysm was very funny though, great points.

Let's make this clear though. If for some reason, Samus cloned 16 of herselves; then lined up in a line and master chief had a sniper...

War Monkey

Nov 29, 2007
You Know What? Robocop wins because any conversation about people in mechanical suits like the mjolnir or samus' environment suit inevitably leads to a discussion on robocop, so as always, robocop wins. although i do have to say that that (whoa double that!) was an incredibly well thought out and very entertaining post Necro, and well... good job to everyone else too, except you kieranlol that was unneccesary, but mildly entertaining so kudos all around

danimal1384

Sep 18, 2007
i've followed both series somewhat intently, until recently, when the real world reminded me that i belong there. if there were to be an actual showdown between the two, which i would weep if there was, heres what would happen.

Samus has no sense of tactics or stealth, which the master chief excells in both. so while she would be expecting him to charge out into the open like every enemy she's ever experienced has done, he would be 2 kilometers away with mines already planted and a sniper rifle trained on her head. she would end up dead before she ever found out where he was. now i'm not a halo fanboy by any means, in fact i had spent years fighting against it's proclaimed GOD like status. but i'm putting this into a sense of realism, if there can be such a thing given the subject(s) in question.

As for LordOmnit's comment of the size of MC's sniper rifle, in the game, it fires 14.5mm armor piercing, fin-stabalized discarded-sabot rounds. 14.5mm is fucking big. 20mm were used in World War 2 as anit-aircraft guns. and Sabot rounds are full of burning magnesium, which is around 6000 degrees fareignheight. this isn't a small rifle, nor weak by any means. one shot and Samus's environment suit would be bubbly and melting. if she can't go through lava, she can't take sabot rounds, period. the assault rifles in halo fire 7.62mm rounds. i've seen what 7.62mm rounds do to people, it blows them in half, literally.

If i had to pick a near ideal woman, Samus is damn close. she's a warrior woman, i find ferocity hot and they are traditionally demons in bed. but if you want an actual probable result of a confrontation between the two of them, what i wrote about would sum it up. the chief isn't anything overly special, he's just a master of his domain, and combat is where he lives. samus is a bounty hunter and mercenary, not a professional soldier. tactics and forethought ultimately win the day in a combat situation, and he's got that advantage by a landslide. sorry dudes.

doomgaze3

Nov 29, 2007
Are we talking about practically-naked-because-I just-started-the-game-and-somehow-lost-all-my-stuff Samus Aran or are we talking about fully loaded I'm-about-to-go-kill-the-Mother-Brain Samus Aran? Because if we are talkin' fully loaded, Samus would win hands down. Over 200 missiles, super missiles, small nuclear devices and an ice/plasma beam (that can shoot through walls, no less) would be enough to kill Master Chief 20 times. Not to mention that fully loaded Samus has 20,099 energy compared to Master Chief's lame energy that goes down after somebody swats him over the head hard.

LordOmnit

Oct 8, 2007
To danimal1384:
Sorry for being a bit dismissive of MC's rifle, but don't forget that the point was that Samus *could* be in lava so hot that it lost virtually all viscosity, and that is damn damn damn DAMN hot.
And also, as for the premeditated SLAUGHTER you described, how much notice is being given to the combatants? Because if it was long enough for MC to do all that, Samus would have to be denser than a block of solid iridium metal (the densest thing I bothered to look up at this late hour) to not think that her path to MC would be laden with all kinds of WONDEROUS traps along the way.
And don't forget that Samus is more Sci-fi-y (if you can understand something being beyond something already way out there) than MC, so it's harder to attach tangibles to her capabilities other than saying, "It destroys the target and looks like a laser or missile."

RidleyValiant

White Knight
Nov 12, 2007
It's impossible to tell to be frank, it would greatly depend on situation timing and the rest of it. Equally it seems one is just a wee bit more technologically advanced than the other so a comparison seems a little unfair. It's like comparing you're average fighter jet to the starship enterprise. The only way a comparison could be done is if both characters were using exactly the same equipment as described below.

If you were tos trip them both of armour and weapons shove them in say a small arena with weapons lying around etc, I'd go with Master Chief, as this would be the only fair way to compare tactics and abilities of characters.