Poll: Who's the best Witcher 3 waifu?

Azure-Supernova

La-li-lu-le-lo!
Aug 5, 2009
Triss. I was really going to go for Yennefer, but after re-reading in prep for Wild Hunt, I realised that Geralt and Yen are super dysfunctional. The Djinn quest just solidified my opinion and I chose to believe that after all this time without Yennefer, Geralt finally got over her and found real affection for Triss. Not just crazy Djinn magic forcing them together.

Gethsemani_v1legacy

Oct 1, 2009
Keira Metz, I've got a thing for her. I think that to me she just comes off as the most human of the three main sorceresses in the game. She uses wit and irony to hide the fact that she's terrified of the situation she's in and she genuinely seems to care about Geralt if you end her questline in a positive way. I find her both endearing and a compelling character. Sure, she's deceitful, but all the sorceresses are; Yennefer never gives Geralt the whole picture and Triss manipulated an amnesiac Geralt back in Witcher 1. In comparison, Keira does what Yennefer does all the time and give Geralt some half-truths and lies of omission to make him agree to help her. To me, the difference is that Keira does it so that she can try to save her own life, whereas Yennefer does it out of habit with everyone.

BloatedGuppy

Feb 3, 2010
Are we choosing as Geralt? If so, it's overwhelmingly Yennefer. Ciri is your adopted daughter (and arguably a lesbian to boot), Triss is a manipulator who lied to you for months and took advantage of your lost memory, Keira is a ruthless pragmatist and views you as a means to an end, Roach is a horse. Shani is a bit of a wild card, but going back as far as Witcher 1 always seemed rather clingy and pushy where her relationship with Geralt was concerned. Yennefer, while often imperious and demanding and therefore not "fun" enough for teenage boys, loves and respects Geralt. They're a genuine partnership.

If we're choosing for me, probably still Yennefer, but because I have a thing for Brunettes.

bartholen said:
bastardofmelbourne said:
In-universe, I always pair Geralt with Yennefer because why the hell wouldn't you, but if we're talking my personal preference? Ciri.
Yennefer in the third game is a bit of a spanner in the works for people who haven't read the books. Because based on them, and the history and chemistry they have, Geralt and Yennefer are blatantly obviously meant to be together. But for people who only know the games Triss is the obvious choice, since she's one of the first characters introduced in the game, clearly cares deeply for Geralt and has been a vital character in both the previous installments. It creates a bit of a dissonance between the games, since the first two used the amnesia plot device to do their own thing separate from the books, while the third fires references to the them at every turn.
Agreed, but only at the start of Witcher 3. By the halfway point it became apparent it was Yennefer or bust. Yennefer's baggage is "she's hurt you shacked up with one of her best friends for months, and is a little chilly at first". Triss's baggage is "she manipulated you and lied to you for months".

Dornedas

Oct 9, 2014
Well the answer is OBVIOUSLY Roach just look at that glorious mane of hair. Those deep, loving eyes.

But let's go down the list in order:
Yennefer: I fucking hate her. I hated her in the books and I hated her as soon as she appeared in the game.

Triss: As said above she manipulated Geralt quite a while. Though this is the age-old question whether concealing the truth is better/worse/the same compared to outright lying.
Because I believe it is in her character entry in Witcher 1 or 2 where it says something along the lines: "I remembered that I was in love with a sorceress but she never said that it was her. I guess she wanted me to remember it by myself." Or something along those lines.

Ciri: Yeah No this would just be weird.

Keira Metz: Come on we can grant Lambert that bit of happiness

Shani: It simply wouldn't work. They just live in different times. Don't get me wrong Shani is sweet and all, at least in W1 haven't played the W3 DLC's as of time of writing. But she is just a simple human. And Geralt will live 2 to 3 times longer than she will.

And since we are doing shoutouts I want to make one towards the only rendezvous I declined throughout the whole series: The one from the Iron Maiden questline.
It just never works out with women you have to beat in combat first. Just ask Siegfried the Dragonslayer.

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
For Geralt - Yen
For me - Triss. Can't go wrong with a cute and kindhearted redhead with a nice rack.

You forgot Fringilla Vigo. Some people might be into elven women.

Also, that Sasha from Gwent tournament is a rather nice looking spy.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
bartholen said:
Yennefer in the third game is a bit of a spanner in the works for people who haven't read the books. Because based on them, and the history and chemistry they have, Geralt and Yennefer are blatantly obviously meant to be together. But for people who only know the games Triss is the obvious choice, since she's one of the first characters introduced in the game, clearly cares deeply for Geralt and has been a vital character in both the previous installments. It creates a bit of a dissonance between the games, since the first two used the amnesia plot device to do their own thing separate from the books, while the third fires references to the them at every turn.
I never read the books, I never even played the previous two games, and I still prefered Yennefer over Triss. Now I admit this is partially because I just have a thing for ***** characters, and also because Triss' voice acting made her come across as that annoying girl at parties who likes to hear herself talk, but I honestly just liked the way Geralt and Yennefer were together. There was this sense to him that he's submitted to loving a woman who doesn't exactly respect him, and with her you could tell she really has a soft spot for him eventhough the thought that she's far above him is never far away either. It made for a sweet dynamic whever they were together.

But as for MY favourite girl, it would have to be Ciri. She's just... so cool. I love her design; her clothes which are one half form fitting and the other half sloppy, her bra strap that tells you she probably made it from some rope, her physique that gives her this steely exterior. Not trying to be too sqeezy, but yeah, I like her. Also, damn the game for cockblocking her and Skjall. That poor guy deserved to get his rocks off.

bartholen_v1legacy

A dyslexic man walks into a bra.
Jan 24, 2009
Casual Shinji said:
bartholen said:
I never read the books, I never even played the previous two games, and I still prefered Yennefer over Triss. Now I admit this is partially because I just have a thing for ***** characters, and also because Triss' voice acting made her come across as that annoying girl at parties who likes to hear herself talk, but I honestly just liked the way Geralt and Yennefer were together. There was this sense to him that he's submitted to loving a woman who doesn't exactly respect him, and with her you could tell she really has a soft spot for him eventhough the thought that she's far above him is never far away either. It made for a sweet dynamic whever they were together.
That's actually expected since you didn't play the previous games. Witcher 3 is right from the start playing up the Geralt x Yennefer angle way more than any other. Triss doesn't even show up until like 14 hours in. Witcher 1 is absolute horseshit as a game, but still manages to build some connection between Triss and Geralt. In the second she's the main love interest, and certain, erm, *scenes* certainly do their job in connecting the player more to her. You didn't have that connection, whereas the people who played the first two did. Based on that (and because redhead, mmmmmm) I sought to continue that road. But Geralt and Yen are just too damn sweet together in the game to break up. There's a sense of history and knowing each other between the characters that's nowhere to be found in the previous games.

yodarulez

Jan 14, 2018
BloatedGuppy said:
Are we choosing as Geralt? If so, it's overwhelmingly Yennefer. Ciri is your adopted daughter (and arguably a lesbian to boot), Triss is a manipulator who lied to you for months and took advantage of your lost memory, Keira is a ruthless pragmatist and views you as a means to an end, Roach is a horse. Shani is a bit of a wild card, but going back as far as Witcher 1 always seemed rather clingy and pushy where her relationship with Geralt was concerned. Yennefer, while often imperious and demanding and therefore not "fun" enough for teenage boys, loves and respects Geralt. They're a genuine partnership.

If we're choosing for me, probably still Yennefer, but because I have a thing for Brunettes.

bartholen said:
bastardofmelbourne said:
In-universe, I always pair Geralt with Yennefer because why the hell wouldn't you, but if we're talking my personal preference? Ciri.
Agreed, but only at the start of Witcher 3. By the halfway point it became apparent it was Yennefer or bust. Yennefer's baggage is "she's hurt you shacked up with one of her best friends for months, and is a little chilly at first". Triss's baggage is "she manipulated you and lied to you for months".
Sure, Yennefer has that 'Queen-Control' thing going for her but Geralt is used to that. They have this great dynamic together. Sure, she has a sharp tongue but...

If you pay careful attention to the facial expressions in the game, you may notice that she really loves him.

Triss, on the other hand, seems more childish.

As for Ciri... She is a daughter to him, and he loves her to bits.

I can't really say too much as I am currently on my first playthrough. I will try them both to see which one is better.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
Well, Ciri is essentially Geralts daughter so ewww, no.

Triss was deceitful and mantipulative, taking advantage of Geralts Amnesia. That being said, she's still a lot more likable then Yennifer.

Yennifer just comes across as a controlling ***** in Witcher 3 and it doesn't help that anyone who didn't read the books never actually got to meet her before that point. It's possible book Yennifer is more likable but since she didn't show up until W3(while Triss was around for the entire trilogy), it's hard to judge her beyond that.

TheFinish

Grand Admiral
May 17, 2010
Shani, obviously. She's the kindest, the most down to earth, overall just the best. And anyone who says otherwise is a fool! The only bad thing about Shani is that you don't get to spend nearly enough time with her during the game!

PsychedelicDiamond

Wild at Heart and weird on top
Legacy
Jan 30, 2011
Of those, Ciri for sure. If we cast a wider net, god, Ana Henrietta from Blood and Wine really does it for me. Her accent is just so melodic. I could listen to her for hours. I also rather liked Dandelions girlfriend, the singer.

JohnnyDelRay

Jul 29, 2010
Shani hands down. Without even opening the poll she's the first person to come to mind, either for Geralt or myself.

I actually prefer more cartoony Witcher 1 Shani, but she's absolutely gorgeous in Witcher 3 (and I'm not even a solid fan of redheads, not like some of you lot). She also has the most relatable character, not as deceiving, not a powerful sorceress, not likely to stab you in the back. Easy to click with, understands Geralt and his profession. Not going to break your balls about it. The way the DLC ends with them splitting up is just sad, but still understandable. Not really a feasible coupling. But if circumstances allowed, she'd be the pick.