Poll: Why do people think halo 4 is just a stunt by microsoft to make more money

viking97

Jan 23, 2010
i voted no because i don't know if a game will good until it has been made, and there's never been a halo game not made by bungie.
the proof of the pudding children, is in the eating. failing that, u might inquire as to whether the chef has cooked this particular flavor of pudding before, and how it was then.

DelphiSantano

Feb 11, 2009
Like I've said a few times already today, it's not Bungie, it's not Halo.
To be honest, I will pay attention to it on the offchance it isn't a load of crap, but i'm not holding out much hope really.
I didn't particularly enjoy Reach, although I thoroughly enjoyed ODST.
Who knows, maybe it'll be good to have a different developer working on it.

stangman

Feb 14, 2011
razelas said:
Because it's supposed to be a fucking trilogy. (Read the first sentence.) [http://www.bungie.net/News/content.aspx?type=topnews&link=Halo3Announcement]
that is the first of my concerns.

the second is that the third halo games campaign(And all halo game since then) have been a joke when compared to the first two.

the last is while this will no doubt be an okay fps. Okay isn't good enough. the Halo brand is one of the best fps games out there, and when you compare okay to great it looks terrible, and it pisses the fans off.

Troublesome Lagomorph

The Deadliest Bunny
May 26, 2009
It IS a stunt to make more money.
I hope 343 makes it more than that and keeps what I love (and yes, I'm a life-long Halo fan) alive.

And please... make this one better than 3. Seriously.

And I hope this doesn't go COD style: one per year, no thought put into it, barely not campaign and about two new MP features.

Terminate421

Jul 21, 2010
Although I am a die hard Halo fan, not by just games but by the story and franchise and universe, I am a bit dissapointed by the fact that Halo 4 will exist. The problem is that we were promised that the Master Chief saga would end. As much as I love Master Chief, there isn't any need to bring his story back. If there are going to be more Halo games, just do what they did with ODST or Halo Wars. Fit a story into the war but do it on a different gameplay level.

Although 343 Industries is doing it, as in Ex-bungie employees. I'd say push the release date back. We JUST got Reach, there isn't a need for a new halo for at least 2 more years.

MrCollins

Power Vacuumer
Jun 28, 2010
Essentially because, well it is, Microsoft do want to make more money, everyone does.
A franchise changing studios often leaves fans unhappy and worried at first (look at Fallout I mean Interplay, then Bethesda then Obsidian)

Tfirmin002

Aug 24, 2009
JBGigas said:
YuheJi said:
Because Halo 3 wrapped up the story. That was supposed to be the end of it.
Erm.. No.
It ends with a cliffhanger.
it wasn't a cliffhanger, it was an open ending so that the fanbase could think what they want of it and essentially make their own ending...

they could assume someone found him and opened it again or that he landed on reach where he could rest... anything could happen and so everyone is happy... :D

by doing that bungie would recieve the least comalaints about the ending, like i said the ending is what you make of it...

someonehairy-ish

Mar 15, 2009
JBGigas said:
YuheJi said:
Erm.. No.
Not really. He ends up climbing back in the cryotube he got out of at the very start. Well... not the exact one but meh, it symbolises the end of chief's part in the war. Covenant gone or dead, flood dead. THAT story was very much over.

Truly-A-Lie

Nov 14, 2009
I'm really excited for Halo 4. Me and a friend of mine have been speculating on where Chief ended up, and the Legendary Planet was obviously Forerunner in some way, so seeing the explanation is, to me at least, really exciting. Seeing it open up into some kind of portal has sparked the discussion all over again. When you add that to the stuff you learn about the Forerunners in Cryptum, it's a pretty exciting time to be a Halo fan in my opinion.

Grey_Focks

Jan 12, 2010
Well duh, Microsoft is a company, everything they, and all companies do, is to make more money.

That doesn't mean the game will suck, though. It just means it, and 343 studios, have something to prove. Bungie made 4 1/2 damn good Halo games over the past decade, and I can't imagine stepping into those shoes is an easy task. Though on the bright side, this is a good opportunity to take the series to new places, what with the human-covie war over, who knows what the new big bad enemy will be. It could just be the flood, and I REALLY hope it isn't, but that's still a possibility.

Anywho, 343 is also half made up of former Bungie employees, so that's a thing. I'll be getting it, certainly, just because the Halo series has been too good to me over the years, and I'm willing to take a chance.

Haters gonna hate.

wrightry

Feb 22, 2009
This game is going to be exactly the same as every halo game before it. In my opinion if you've played one you've played them all, but I guess that doesnt stop everybody. I'm cool with microsoft making more games since there's still a high demand for Halo games. I just know I'm not gonna buy it.

funguy2121

Oct 20, 2009
Kevon Huggins said:
Huh Why
It looks epic ( trailer). 343 industries knows what there doing So why are people flaming on a game that does not even have a gameplay trailer
Because Halo 1 was just a stunt by Microsoft to make money! Bwa ha hah!

People are flaming because you're on nerd central-I mean The Escapist. Just as people will flame absolutely anything. I mean, seriously, there are some grown men who like to spend an inordinate amount of time watching little pastel magic ponies, and others have the gall, the gall! to suggest that this is perhaps a tad abnormal.

No one will ever understand me!

OK, joking ass-ee-ness aside, remember when they announced the new Nintendo system a couple of months back, and the only info they had was rumors from Gamestop? Everybody flipped a lid over that immediately, it was like when the elections went into overtime in Florida in 2000. All of these idiots proclaimed, "I've always been a Nintendo fan, I mowed lawns all summer and sold a kidney so I could afford a Virtual Boy, but now I'm done with the company because of this one unverified thing I heard on the internet from the least professional videogame journos in the biz."

So don't worry.

anthony87

Aug 13, 2009
I love how there's comments here disagreeing with the statements that Halo 3 was supposed to be the end of the the story.

It was the third in a trilogy. Trilogy means three. Three means final.

No matter how ambiguious the ending was, that's what it was.

An ending.

scyther250

Jun 7, 2010
Because all games are made to make money. That and it's what, the 7th Halo game? There's a point where series need to stop.

JBGigas

Dec 19, 2009
Sephychu said:
JBGigas said:
Sephychu said:
JBGigas said:
YuheJi said:
Erm.. No.
It's not necessarily a cliffhanger. Not every ending has to wrap up every character's story and leave them at home awaiting daily life just sitting around.

Frozen in stasis travelling just about nowhere seems like a fairly solid ending to me. I thought it was quite clearly stated that there was very little, if anything at all for him to run into.
If you played it on legendary, you get an extra ending where you can see the wreckage falling into a unknown planet.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VybS1C-4CAk
While that makes more sense, the trailer somewhat contradicts that, no?
This leads me to believe this stinger might just have been a plug to keep people hankering for a sequel.
Well that's undoubtably true. But there are still people who would like to see a new Halo, like me. After all, Halo 1,2,3 and Reach were all solid games, and now when there is more coming, "YES PLEASE! I say!
Although, the ODST was a little disappointment.

Spygon

May 16, 2009
I cannot say it is going to suck but they really need to move on from the halo trilogy.It was a good rather well built trilogy that had a decent ending.They should have left it at that and walked away i can not see a reason for another halo.Also what was the "finish the fight" as unless the master chief is going to spend the whole time cooking or something what was the point of that tag line for halo 3

May 5, 2010
Seriously, dude? "The Cake is a lie"? What rock have you been hiding under that you think that joke is still funny?

OT: I think Halo 4 will kick ass. I'm hyped.