Poll: Why do you play halo?

II2none

Jan 5, 2011
Don't be a smartass!

Seriously there are many reasons why people love the series be it the story or the online experience halo is xboxes world of warcraft in my opinion.

I play it for the:
1 the awesome storyline (halo-halo 3 were awesome as far as I know)
2 cool weapons
3 and wtf/funny moments.
4 online experience, it's addicting as hell.

Discuss your reasons.

AnOriginalConcept

Jan 7, 2010
Halo 3 was one of the first games I purchased for the xbox360. I was underwhelmed. As Yahtzee said, the campaign atmosphere is schizophrenic and mostly consisted of hiding behind cover waiting for one's shield to recharge.

I'm terrible at console FPSes so I did not play the online much. 1v1s were pretty lame since no one wanted to be the one to inch around the corner.

The weapons are generic. The only two that are interesting are the gravity hammer and the needler. The rest just fire things with variable accuracy/damage.

I did not understand the story well. This is probably because I have not played the previous games.

Of course, to each his own.

Sassafrass

This is a placeholder
Legacy
Aug 24, 2009
Country
United Kingdom
I play it because it's a good fun game, or at least it is in my eyes.

ZeroMachine

Oct 11, 2008
I love the universe.

Beyond that, fun gameplay, funny multiplayer, and some of the best music to grace anything, game, movie, or otherwise.

JUGGERNAUTBITCH

May 20, 2011
rly great universe.
nice alien race's
cool weapons
sweet vehicle's
good lore
i actually liked ODST and REACH the most.

Daaaah Whoosh

Jun 23, 2010
Well...
1- The weapons are different from anything you'll find in any other game. Semi-automatic is far superior to fully automatic, in my opinion.
2- Combat unlike what they do in most realistic shooters. You can take a few hits, and so can your enemies. Gives you a chance to fire off one-liners.
3- Beautiful settings, armor, basically everything is beautiful. And colorful.
4- Customizable armor, and two different species to choose from.
5- Vehicle combat that doesn't suck. Except tanks beat everything, so never be without one.
6- Science fiction storyline that's pretty decent, as far as I'm concerned.
7- Awesome music.
8- Hilarious moments, especially the easter eggs and IWHBYD skull.
9- Interesting and infinitely replayable campaign, with skulls that force you to change your playing style with every configuration.
10- Horde clone that doesn't suck, and doesn't get too damned hard after five minutes.
11- Gravity Hammers. And Spartan lasers. They deserve their own number.
12- Assasinations. Doesn't matter which game, it's always cool to ninja someone.
13- Enemies whose sole purpose is comic relief. I have a big grunty thirst.
14- Cool expanded universe, with all those books and stuff.
15- They were overhyped, so all my xbox friends were playing it together on launch day.
16- The beta was amazing.
17- Great stat tracking on Bungie.net
18- Screenshots and film clips.
19- It like, totally invented the first person shooter. (Just kidding, but it was the first game I played on my xbox).
20- Sergeant Avery Johnson. He knows what the ladies like.

Lazy Kitty

Evil
May 1, 2009
I don't play it.
Mainly because you have to pay for an Xbox Live Gold account.
[sup]Note: This reason is very simmilar as the reason why I don't play WoW.[/sup]
If that weren't the case, I might play it.

AlexNora

Mar 7, 2011
because its the best fps ever made

and forge world is years of fun waiting to be had

skywalkerlion

Jun 21, 2009
It has such a beautiful universe and music to go along with it. Campaign is amazing and the story line you follow through the games is really great. So I'll go with campaign even though every other aspect of it is great.

Ilikemilkshake

Jun 7, 2010
Only played the first and second, and never played them only.. so campaign for me.
The first was pretty awesome, second one started great with the invasion but was a bit meh and rushed after that

The Apothecarry

Mar 6, 2011
I still play Reach because it's a beautiful game. The multiplayer is functional and fun (though I spend my time in Firefight) and the insane once-in-a-million glitches that Bungie really can't fix make it even better.

There are some things you don't want to patch and some things you can't patch.

Hero in a half shell

It's not easy being green
Dec 30, 2009
Halo Combat Evolved was my first proper modern FPS, and it rocked. It really stole my heart in the campaign when the Flood first turned up, as it was such a change in pace, going from superawesomefacelessspacemarinekillseverybody, into almost a survival horror, where even the game mechanics didn't seem to know what was going on (the flood weren't mentioned in the manual, and the menu which listed your objectives could only say ESCAPE!)

Also the beautiful environments, varied and colourful enemies, and kick ass unique weapons helped.

Sure, it had its problems, like linear copypaste levels towards the end, but the atmosphere that it created in that initial play through was unparralleled.

Thaius

Mar 5, 2008
The story and universe is freaking awesome. A lot of people really don't give Halo the credit it deserves for its story, but I've rarely seen someone intelligently discuss why it's not good. I love Halo as a sci-fi war story. I love it for pretty much every other reason too, seeing as the multiplayer has been great for most of the games, Theater mode is amazing for making machinima, and the music still stands as some of the best music in video games, but the story is the main thing I love.

Ryengu

May 22, 2011
I kinda really...don't play halo >.> I only ever played single player for 1 and 2 on my brother's laptop.

L3m0n_L1m3

Jul 27, 2009
I played it for a short time because it was what all my friends were playing and I got bored of playing Mass Effect 2 alone.

Then I realized my friends were a bunch of assholes online and went back to Mass Effect 2.