Poll: Why do you post on these forums?

Phasmal

Sailor Jupiter Woman
Jun 10, 2011
3,676
0
0
I mean, generally I don't but I sometimes poke around out of a mix of morbid curiosity and nostalgia.
It mean, my life has changed loads since I first started posting here and I find it interesting to see how things have changed, and how they've stayed the same.
 

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
18,157
1
3
Country
UK
What else? To "communicate" or rather to speak well typed out my mind/ thought on the topic/ subject!

I don't exactly have friends that I can speak to in person on a dailies basis like dicussing on the latest episode of Game of Thrones and etc!

No, I'm not super lonely per say as I do got a few friends but they lived miles away from where I am nor am I'm the social type to make new friend easily.
 

Drathnoxis

Artificial Person
Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
4,404
1,149
118
Country
Canada
Gender
Male
DeliveryGodNoah said:
It's a neat place for me to pretend people care about what I have to say.

And no one reviles me for it. At least not directly.

It's also the only place I've bothered trying. I skulked around as early as 2009, made an original account in 2011, lost the password and made a new one.
What was your other account called? Just curious if I remember it.
 
Feb 7, 2016
728
0
0
Drathnoxis said:
DeliveryGodNoah said:
It's a neat place for me to pretend people care about what I have to say.

And no one reviles me for it. At least not directly.

It's also the only place I've bothered trying. I skulked around as early as 2009, made an original account in 2011, lost the password and made a new one.
What was your other account called? Just curious if I remember it.
AnthrSolidSnake
 

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
4,953
6
13
Am not really sure. Compulsion. Trying to keep at bay an evermounting insanity from a unique form of isolation under a particularly annoying set of circumstances. Seemed like it would be a good way to communicate with others but it appears like it still cannot avoid some anxieties and it can come off rude quite a lot most probably so as more grow to learn to dislike and the diminishing returns due to that lead me to believe this isn't really a good choice for me. But compulsion.
 

PainInTheAssInternet

The Ship Magnificent
Dec 30, 2011
826
0
0
I will say that I'm becoming even more of an anomaly here. I don't play any modern games. They don't appeal to me. I have no intent of buying a current generation console and I don't have the dough set aside to get one or build a computer. Apart from that, all the bullshit that comes with owning a modern game just makes it all seem like more of a hassle than it's worth. Or even on moral grounds knowing what I know now about what goes on behind the curtain.
 

Basement Cat

Keeping the Peace is Relaxing
Jul 26, 2012
2,379
0
0
I do home health care and because of complications involved I have no real opportunity for a social life IRL.

*sighs*
 

Drathnoxis

Artificial Person
Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
4,404
1,149
118
Country
Canada
Gender
Male
Xsjadoblayde said:
Am not really sure. Compulsion. Trying to keep at bay an evermounting insanity from a unique form of isolation under a particularly annoying set of circumstances. Seemed like it would be a good way to communicate with others but it appears like it still cannot avoid some anxieties and it can come off rude quite a lot most probably so as more grow to learn to dislike and the diminishing returns due to that lead me to believe this isn't really a good choice for me. But compulsion.
Don't leave, what would the Escapist be without any bears?
DeliveryGodNoah said:
Drathnoxis said:
what was your other account called? Just curious if I remember it.
AnthrSolidSnake
Huh, can't say I remember it or any of the avatars that were archived. I find that kind of odd because I do remember you. Guessing you eventually recovered your password, since the last login was in 2017?
 

Voidrunner

New member
Feb 26, 2011
689
0
0
I barely post at all these days, but when I did it was to practice writing and character building in the RP section, and that's where the bulk of my posts come from. So, to teach myself I guess. Or entertainment, because some characters were a lot of fun to play. Now I mostly lurk for news and such.
 

Secondhand Revenant

Recycle, Reduce, Redead
Legacy
Oct 29, 2014
2,561
139
68
Baator
Country
The Nine Hells
Gender
Male
Boredom. I look to see if there's anything I feel like commenting on. Lot of the people whose posts I cared to read or who it seemed fun to talk to seem gone. Used to enjoy a particular game and the people and laidback chat that went on in it in the games forum but it's dead there now. Also a bit of a sense of morbid curiosity to watch as the forum slows down.

I'm off elsewhere now mostly but it's not like an all purpose chat place mainly and the elements that are like that are a bit slower and mainly on discord which is going pretty slow right now given the time of day.
 
Feb 7, 2016
728
0
0
Drathnoxis said:
Xsjadoblayde said:
Am not really sure. Compulsion. Trying to keep at bay an evermounting insanity from a unique form of isolation under a particularly annoying set of circumstances. Seemed like it would be a good way to communicate with others but it appears like it still cannot avoid some anxieties and it can come off rude quite a lot most probably so as more grow to learn to dislike and the diminishing returns due to that lead me to believe this isn't really a good choice for me. But compulsion.
Don't leave, what would the Escapist be without any bears?
DeliveryGodNoah said:
Drathnoxis said:
what was your other account called? Just curious if I remember it.
AnthrSolidSnake
Huh, can't say I remember it or any of the avatars that were archived. I find that kind of odd because I do remember you. Guessing you eventually recovered your password, since the last login was in 2017?
I did recover it, but never wrote it down, though I'm sure I could guess it again. And I figured by that time I already had this account in full swing so there was little reason to go back. I guess except for the free premium membership I suppose...
 

McMarbles

New member
May 7, 2009
1,566
0
0
Drathnoxis said:
Xsjadoblayde said:
Am not really sure. Compulsion. Trying to keep at bay an evermounting insanity from a unique form of isolation under a particularly annoying set of circumstances. Seemed like it would be a good way to communicate with others but it appears like it still cannot avoid some anxieties and it can come off rude quite a lot most probably so as more grow to learn to dislike and the diminishing returns due to that lead me to believe this isn't really a good choice for me. But compulsion.
Don't leave, what would the Escapist be without any bears?
ice bear approves this sentiment
 

Jonluw

New member
May 23, 2010
7,245
0
0
I don't, anymore.

Lately, I haven't even been keeping up with ZP, which was the last thing I kept using this site for. Fitting, considering it was the first thing I came here for back in 2007. It boggles my mind that Yahtzee hasn't jumped ship off this shitshow. And apparently my avatar is dead, I guess?
I occasionally pop by the forums to look for familiar faces.
 

Here Comes Tomorrow

New member
Jan 7, 2009
645
0
0
Not much else to do while sitting awake at 4am watching a pug doesn't smother her puppies so I came on to make snarky remarks on RnP then not respond to people who take me too seriously.

Now I just hang around because everywhere else on the internet is boring and I like small forums.
 
Nov 28, 2007
10,686
0
0
I honestly am not really sure. I guess it's because I still have fond memories of the site in the past, and I keep hoping it will get back to that point.

ETA: Looking at my join date...holy crap, I've been here for almost 10 years. Where did the time go?
 

laggyteabag

Scrolling through forums, instead of playing games
Legacy
Oct 25, 2009
3,112
703
118
UK
Gender
He/Him
Nostalgia, I like the community, and it like how broad the forums are - subject wise.

I mean, reddit is cool and all, but you can either join a specific subreddit - ie, r/Halo - in which case that is all you get, or you join something like r/gaming, which is broader, but it is mostly images, memes and gifs... I just don't care.
 
Dec 14, 2009
15,528
0
0
I like to pop in every now and then, just to see how much further this shit show has spiralled downwards.


...

...