Poll: Why is it only on 4chan that I ever see anyone call Skyrim outright shit.

Loop Stricken

Covered in bees!
Jun 17, 2009
Guilherme Zoldan said:
Why is it only on 4chan that I ever see anyone call Skyrim outright shit.
Because 4chan calls everything shit.

Skyrim's by no means a perfect game, but it's far from a glittered turd.

gyrobot_v1legacy

Apr 30, 2009
Guilherme Zoldan said:
gyrobot said:
It is the RPGCodex users who go to 4chan to escape the oppressive heat of the mods who hates Skyrim.

Although they persuaded me to think the industry is dying.
I gotta wonder, what did they say that convinced you of that? XD
Id be hard pressed to believe anything /v/ says and they dont tend to make very reasonable arguments.
Metacritic Bomb of Dragon Age 2 after the terrible Damage Control performed by Bioware for one. They never forgave Bioware after that, I actually lost my edit privileges after talking about how Bioware should be Fallen Creators for such a fiasco. But nope TV Tropes dismissed such claims. After all, most of the average joe is gullible and impressionable.

And they do like certain games, it is just that the place is welcome to everyone, and that may include RPGCodex/NMA or some random dedicated fansite who simply hate a series.

The board was made so Moot can make a more friendly version of ADTRW. After all, somethingawful is home to all of the internet geniuses.

Bernzz

Assumed Lurker
Legacy
Mar 27, 2009
Country
Australia
OP obviously doesn't read Gaming Discussion threads very often. Take a look at the "Holy Shit Skyrim" thread, for example, where over half the posts on the first page are bashing the game. I see more posts bashing it than praising it on the Escapist now.

minimacker

Apr 20, 2010
Because it isn't shit.

Some people think it's a fantastic example of an RPG, some people think it's great but with flaws, some people thinks it's average.

But shit? The brown, smelling excrements of humanity and life on earth?
Totally, bro.

SpartanBlackman

Apr 1, 2011
It seems that they think it is a lazily done game that was dumbed down and could have been a lot better, even though it was fun. You guys are confusing /v/ hating with /v/ criticizing something.
Skyrim can be shit, but fun.

repeating integers

Mar 17, 2010
gyrobot said:
Guilherme Zoldan said:
gyrobot said:
It is the RPGCodex users who go to 4chan to escape the oppressive heat of the mods who hates Skyrim.

Id be hard pressed to believe anything /v/ says and they dont tend to make very reasonable arguments.
Metacritic Bomb of Dragon Age 2 after the terrible Damage Control performed by Bioware for one. They never forgave Bioware after that, I actually lost my edit privileges after talking about how Bioware should be Fallen Creators for such a fiasco. But nope TV Tropes dismissed such claims. After all, most of the average joe is gullible and impressionable.

And they do like certain games, it is just that the place is welcome to everyone, and that may include RPGCodex/NMA or some random dedicated fansite who simply hate a series.

The board was made so Moot can make a more friendly version of ADTRW. After all, somethingawful is home to all of the internet geniuses.
TVtropes is like the opposite of 4chan. They love everything. I like it there.

LeKiller

Oct 6, 2009
This isn't a theory, this is practically a rule on the internet
4chan is the place we're you'll hear people say 'Skyrim sucks' the most because 1. They're trolling /v/ to start a flame war, and 2. There are idiots who really think that and can't go anywhere else because they think every critic and blog sucks massive balls.
I'm pretty sure a few people didn't like Skyrim and posted about it on The Escapist forums and other places, but because the 'hive mind' mentality is a bit stronger here and there these people quickly get corrected, berated, etc.

Balobo

Nov 30, 2009
OhJohnNo said:
gyrobot said:
Guilherme Zoldan said:
gyrobot said:

TVtropes is like the opposite of 4chan. They love everything. I like it there.
So what's better? Liking a few games and hating a few games or liking everything, regardless of quality?

Kei Kaemon

Fantastic Japanese Cat!
Nov 30, 2009
Wow, the ignorance and high and mighty atitude in this thread is just disgusting.
I see Skyrim get plenty of praise there. People like to pretend that only bad things happen on 4chan, but frankly outside of the trash that is /b/ most boards are perfectly fine and often productive.

RedBird said:
I'm fairly certain everyone who uses 4chan is a jrpg playing brain donor, so y'know, can't be helped.
And I'm fairly certain anyone who plays just wrpg are brain damaged.

Wintermoot

Aug 20, 2009
Hammeroj said:
henritje said:
because nothing is good on 4chan or it,s troll ridden.
Post a picture of Deus Ex there. Test your theory.
in my experience on /g/ they only had negative things to say on the most popular Internet Browsers (IE,Fire Fox,Chrome and Opera)

Balobo

Nov 30, 2009
Kei Kaemon said:
Wow, the ignorance and high and mighty atitude in this thread is just disgusting.
I see Skyrim get plenty of praise there. People like to pretend that only bad things happen on 4chan, but frankly outside of the trash that is /b/ most boards are perfectly fine and often productive.
Pretty sure all these people are Reddit-only. Explains their immature attitude.