Poll: Will Bethesda's next big title suffer in sales because of Skyrim's notorious glitchiness?

-Dragmire-

King over my mind
Mar 29, 2011
It might not be as buggy if they track down the bug fix modders and hire them. The Creation kit gives them a nice view of potential talent.

People will forgive them if they continue to make large open lore filled worlds to explore.

People will have a much harder time forgiving them if their next game uses a single city mission hub with little exploration and freedom and yet still contains the same amount of bugs.

Domehammer said:
If anything I plan to buy next title early enough to experience best glitches. To this day i regret not getting to experience orbital launching giants.. that would launch player up off planet after being killed.
My corpse still clears mountains, I think they left that one alone.

WeAreStevo

Sep 22, 2011
I can guarantee you if it's either Fallout or (much MUCH less likely) another Elder Scrolls game, it will sell like hotcakes because of name brand alone.

As for other titles, their games are notoriously buggy as is and people don't seem to mind, so I don't think it will matter.

Vykrel

Feb 26, 2009
Oblivion's glitchiness didnt affect Fallout 3 sales.
Fallout 3's glitchiness didnt affect Skyrim sales.

i cant imagine it finally affecting Bethesda's next big glitchy game.

Clive Howlitzer

Jan 27, 2011
Not at all. It will sell just as great as Skyrim and every title before that. Also, speaking for myself and the "notorious" bugginess of Bethesdas titles. I've never run into a bug in them...ever and I mod the shit out of them.

Syzygy23

Sep 20, 2010
AnythingOutstanding said:
Bethesda's titles were always criminally buggy. Doesn't stop them from being a huge success though.
Bethesda is like a GM who has a noticeable and annoying stutter (or a mild case of tourretes syndrome) yet always manage to run incredibly fun, empowering, and memorable campaigns.

Not at all like those terrible, dick hole GMs who railroad everyone and constantly wank to their own NPCs.

somonels

Oct 12, 2010
Well, considering their previous game, Fallout 3, was about three times buggier - no, no it will not.

OtherSideofSky

Jan 4, 2010
Well, Skyrim certainly didn't suffer from the notorious glitchiness of every other game they've ever made, so I going to have to say "no". It's pretty clear that the people buying these games expect and accept how buggy they're going to be and buy them anyway because there really aren't any other studios making these kinds of games. If there were a no-buggy alternative, then I think sales might take a hit.

rekabdarb

Jun 25, 2008
I think every modern Bethesda game to date has been notoriously buggy.

So no.

Not one bit. In fact most people find them funny.

TehCookie

Elite Member
Sep 16, 2008
There games have always been buggy, it's just part of making a expansive modern game. I'm not a bethesda fangirl so I can't make a comment on their newest title since I would have to see it. Skyrim may have some annoying and funny bugs, but I haven't encountered any game-breaking ones. Except the stealth skill.

Tahaneira

Social Justice Rogue
Feb 1, 2011
Short answer? No.

Morrowind was glitchy as hell. Oblivion was glitchy as hell. Fallout 3 was glitchy as hell. New Vegas (which was glitchier than all three of those put together) wasn't made by Bethesda, but a lot of people still blamed them for it. And I've heard the first two Elder Scrolls games were glitchy as hell too.

It didn't hurt Skyrim's sales, and it doesn't seem to be hurting fan enthusiasm. So I'm thinking their next big game will be largely untouched by this particular issue.

Gekford

Jan 7, 2012
skyrim's glitches will not effect sales, what might effect sales is they now need to top dragons. oblivian toped wind races, skyrim topped oblivian gates and elder scrolls 6 will need to top DRAGONS, it can't be done i say.

Krantos

Jun 30, 2009
Bethesda's games are buggy. That's pretty much a fact of life at this point. I don't think anyone who played any of their past games expected anything else.

Skyrim's sales were great. Expect the same next time.

DanielBrown

Dangerzone!
Dec 3, 2010
Very doubtful. Glitches and bugs are pretty much a package deal if you buy Bethesdas games right on release day.
I was pretty lucky in Skyrim up until my game breaking gitch, but I don't hold that against them. Big games are bound to have a few problems, and Bethesdas games are among the biggest.