Poll: Will you become a member of the Escapist Publishers Club?

Spinozaad

Jun 16, 2008
No, the extra content does not appeal to me and I have to prioritize my budget. Unfortunately for the Escapist, escapistmagazine.com does not rank the top of that list.

Gasaraki

Oct 15, 2009
i probably will next week when i get my allowance, just so that i download ZP onto my ipod touch and show my friends at school how awesome yahtzee is.

Aloran

Oct 9, 2008
No.

I'm leaving for uni hopefully in a few months and I'm saving all my pennys whilst I can :)

Coelasquid

Feb 16, 2010
Wiezzen said:
If I do, it'll be because I want to support the site. Honestly, those features aren't really worth paying for. Members only forums sound stupid.

However, I'd be tempted to pay for it if members have more say in what they want to see on the Escapist. It's become clear that the Escapist staff chooses what they want to put of the site without listening to their users.
One example is Out Of Tens winning the Escapist Comic Contest when it appeared (from reading threads) that Manly Guys Doing Manly Things won over the biggest percentage of Escapist users.
Man, sorry I'm so late to the party replying to this.

Anyway, I think things turned out for the best on that front, I got my own site set up where I can dump my main comic as well as silly little things related to whatever I feel like making fun of that particular day whenever I want. Plus I got hired back on the Ugly Americans crew shortly after all of the dust from the contest settled, so I wouldn't have time to draw two comics of that quality a week plus a nine-to-six job plus the freelance stuff I've got on the side anyway.

I'm sure people are gonna love Out of Tens, and Manly Guys will live on over here

So everybody gets a happy ending.

Solodini

Nov 11, 2009
No because I don't see why good quality video should be a paid bonus. The content is good but the video quality is shonky as hell. I'd rather pay donations and have it all good quality rather than be bribed to. Certain features for paid members, sure, but the video thing really irks me, as you'd probably gathered.

EDIT: I should probably add that I do like certain features such as ad free viewing, instant comp entry and panel membership but some of the other features seem a bit limp.

Financially, implementing a longer show or two would create opportunity for more advertising in a less intrusive way where membership is really more about good bonus perks rather than just bringing you up to speed. I'm thinking Revision3 advertising methods.

jaammiie

Master of the Universe
Jun 3, 2007
As many people have already said, it's my way of supporting this site. And hey, how much fun has everyone had while on this website. I want to give something back to the creators.

Panorama

Carry on Jeeves
Dec 7, 2010
Have already done so, i support the website and get rid of the adverts and all kinds of things i don't mind paying for.